• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

5 Hrs of Help by Teen --What Tasks?

lol...helpful hint - stay organized and write everything down so you don't forget !!!Not getting on your case, but the only thing I was able to accomplish when I had my baby was making dinner...and that was all out of boxes for a few months! LOLI think it's great that Heather can hire someone to help her. I wish I had been able to enjoy my babies more instead of always having this, that and the other thing to do. When my first baby was born I had a very small apartment and then a house that was actually even smaller. I wasn't very organized so I probably didn't realize the help I could have used to make life a little easier on my dh and I. I also
smilesarepriceless
Gold Member
Ok, so I'm pretty excited..I just had a baby * she's 4 wks old....and I've just hired my teen neighbor through Thanksgiving..as a trial run on doing misc. tasks to help me out and minimize my time doing things that I know could just as well be done by her..

So, i'm brainstorming ideas of things that I could have for her to do....(i.e.--I'd like to have them in a pile, her pick it up and just take to her house and do..and return to me when she completes it..)

ideas i have so far..

1. putting labels on catalogs, mini catalogs,
2.making my monthly host packets

what else could i have her do?

stamp/write your info on your sales receipts

toilets *& windows!~!~
;)

When you said "put it in a pile....", I thought of laundry. I was confused about the kind of tasks you wanted her to do.

Put invitations together. Input any info on the computer from old orders. Filing. Stickers on recipe cards.

smilesarepriceless said:
Ok, so I'm pretty excited..I just had a baby * she's 4 wks old....and I've just hired my teen neighbor through Thanksgiving..as a trial run on doing misc. tasks to help me out and minimize my time doing things that I know could just as well be done by her..

So, i'm brainstorming ideas of things that I could have for her to do....(i.e.--I'd like to have them in a pile, her pick it up and just take to her house and do..and return to me when she completes it..)

ideas i have so far..

1. putting labels on catalogs, mini catalogs,
2.making my monthly host packets

what else could i have her do?

CONGRATS! on your baby...any pics yet??? :D

My first thought was helping with cleaning @ your house! (vaccuming, dusting, floors, laundry, some extra deep cleaning that you can't get done... etc.)

Hope she works out well for you! How are you feeling?

Dusting, edging around the floorboards with the vacuum- anything that you haven't done in a while, she can help with. Heck- she could watch your munchkin while you take a nap! :)

Hmm - I am at a loss for words - Nobody get on my case for this - BUT - What exactly do you need help with ?? I never had any help with any and all of mine - (no my mom isn't the helping type - MIL is 3000 miles away) Housework gets done (really easy at 4 weeks!) Life changes of course, but it does every day anyway - I think it needs to be more clear in this post before we can help -

One thing I know I personally would love help on is filing for taxes..that in itself is a 5 hr task! Maybe you could have her get a jump start on doing your mileage, expenses, etc..even if it's to organize reciepts for you...can I hire her for me? LOL

PamperedDor said:
Hmm - I am at a loss for words - Nobody get on my case for this - BUT - What exactly do you need help with ?? I never had any help with any and all of mine - (no my mom isn't the helping type - MIL is 3000 miles away) Housework gets done (really easy at 4 weeks!) Life changes of course, but it does every day anyway - I think it needs to be more clear in this post before we can help -

Not getting on your case, but the only thing I was able to accomplish when I had my baby was making dinner...and that was all out of boxes for a few months! LOL

I think it's great that Heather can hire someone to help her. I wish I had been able to enjoy my babies more instead of always having this, that and the other thing to do. When my first baby was born I had a very small apartment and then a house that was actually even smaller. I wasn't very organized so I probably didn't realize the help I could have used to make life a little easier on my dh and I. I also didn't do that many shows, and Heather has done a lot since she started selling. She's already a director.

Great job Heather!

Steph - I guess its to each its own - I personally could have run a marathon after having 4 of 5 of my kids ( #4 was a section - took me a week to get back to reality!) - I have a I don't need anyones help attitude (guess since my mom wasn't much of a helper - still isn't) As I had more kids - it just seemed like life doesn't wait so why should I ?? Drives my DH crazy till this day that I cant sit still and just relax - childbirth was nothing different to me but a little uncomfortable and tiredness - so I sometimes cant get why anyone needs all that help - thats me and I don't expect or ask anyone to be the same - I just sometimes think we all need to take a step back and just do it - now I sound like a nike commercial - women have had kids for thousands of years - in conditions worse then we ever experience - if we go back to our yester years and bring back some of those values... maybe the world would be a better place -

Ok - soap box is over - go ahead - abuse me - .................

JAE said:
I think it's great that Heather can hire someone to help her. I wish I had been able to enjoy my babies more instead of always having this, that and the other thing to do. When my first baby was born I had a very small apartment and then a house that was actually even smaller. I wasn't very organized so I probably didn't realize the help I could have used to make life a little easier on my dh and I. I also didn't do that many shows, and Heather has done a lot since she started selling. She's already a director.

Great job Heather!

Oh it is great for her - Her being a director is great as well - she has worked her business - And that is awesome - I just think sometimes we all rely on others to help when we can and will be able to do ourselves - without help - its only my opinion - I don't expect anyone to agree or disagree - I think if you try - and put your mind and heart to anything - you can succeed with out anyones help -

I am not looking down on anyone who does take help either - FYI

My neighbor just had her 7th child.............her oldest starts middle school with my son tomorrow, so she is 11! I asked her the other day how she got everything done and she said "after the 3rd one, it's all a piece of cake"....she explained that as the older ones got older, she had someone to help her do the things she was trying to do herself.
BTW~they plan to have even more kids if God will continue to bless them!

I started my business when DS was 3 and DD was 6 months....I didn't even think to ask anyone for help, but if I had here is what I would have wanted help with:

stamp catalogs
make host packets
make guest packets
stamp invitations
label recipe cards
filing

BUT the top of my list would have been totally non-PC related

LAUNDRY!

What a great opportunity you are giving that young lady Heather, to see a little "behind the scenes" of a business woman who is making career and family work together.

I think it's awesome.

J.

Oh I Agree - after the third drives you off the deep end - after that - its no biggy - just a few more marks on the calendar is what we say - love mutitasking!!!

We would have had 40 if I could have - didn't know that epidurals worked till # 5 - HOLY MOLY - best invention ever! DH was done - I still love a newborn baby - I just borrow now!~

some feedback from this thread was surprising....& left a bad taste in my mouth so to say..

the help i mentionmed in my original post ( sorry for the confusion) is regarding an asst. for my business...not my housework.hence why the tasks i posted were pc related

it is not a new concept to have assistants w/ pampered chef.....and i'd much rather spend an extra 5 hours w/ my 5 week old than putting host kits together.
seems rather logical to me.

was just seeking tips on things which she could help w/ that maybe i was overlooking....not necessarily how others managed numerous kids and their business.

i'm opting for sleep theses days if i do have spare time.

Last edited:
Belinda Ellsworth got her start as a teenage helper, you remember! It's a great opportunity for the teen as well as you. Congratulations on your bundle of joy!

Heather I think its a great idea! I help my daughter with my Grandkids for 2 reasons, I love them and love spending time with them and I want her to have a "mental" break from being a mother of 2 so she does not get overwhelmed with them. Everyone is different. I don't think there is anything wrong with hiring someone to "assist" you with PC. Where would the thread go if you hired her to "babysit" so you could do all your PC stuff? Or as a "housekeeper"?
I read your 1st post as just asking other PC'ers what you could do to use her time productively! Sorry I have no advice on that, but I felt bad that you have a bad taste about this now!
Congratulations on the new addition to your family!
Tammy

I think its a great idea.

- She could organize (if needed) your PC products and label the shelves so its easier for you and her to put it away after a show. It can even be just in the catagories like the catalog.

- Like you mentioned, putting host packets together, getting all guest folders together, catalogs labeled, business cards labeled with outlet stickers on the back, printing anything off the computer you need later (I always need labels so I print 4-5 sheets of each item at a time), file paperwork, make a list of people for you to call (i.e. OOB that she can get the info off the order forms or what not),

- If you are like me, I label my personal catalog with 6 tabs so that I can mention things at shows...i.e. UM, SA, Forged Cutlery, chopper, stone, RUFTH, cookware, etc.

Um.....this sounds CRAZY but maybe a bit OCD....organize your computer paper. I have a 5 file stand up thingy so that my sales receipts are in one, host/guest thank you paper in another (I do a full letter to each), Personal Invite to join the business paper, labels, etc.

Thats all I can think of at 7:55am on a Sunday! ha ha :)

I'm still waiting for some pics!! :D

smilesarepriceless said:
some feedback from this thread was surprising....& left a bad taste in my mouth so to say..

the help i mentionmed in my original post ( sorry for the confusion) is regarding an asst. for my business...not my housework.hence why the tasks i posted were pc related

it is not a new concept to have assistants w/ pampered chef.....and i'd much rather spend an extra 5 hours w/ my 5 week old than putting host kits together.
seems rather logical to me.

was just seeking tips on things which she could help w/ that maybe i was overlooking....not necessarily how others managed numerous kids and their business.

i'm opting for sleep theses days if i do have spare time.

I have to agree.. I am a little miffed at some of the replys.. What a wonderful time for you.. to have a wonderful bundle.. and someone to help you. I'm sure everything was meant in a positive mode.. and not meant to sound preaching... and scolding... cheffers would not do that I'm sure..

You are doing the right thing.. and it is for you and your business. You are giving yourself quality time with your family as you support your business as you see fit. I applaude you and your efforts. You are a wonderful mom and successful director. Good luck with that new baby. I would have her:
make packets: host, recruit
label all new materials
organize receipts
organize paperwork
inventory paperwork/forms/freebies to give away (use an old order form to tally)
I would get her input on anything she could suggest to help your business.. this would get her thinking.. she might even have a great idea you could implement!! All great skills for her too!! Good luck!!!!

:thumbup:

How computer literate is she? maybe have her run some P3 reports & do some data analysis.

What's my top customer in last X months? She would need to run P3 & total any customers that have duplicated orders.

Top Show? Top Selling Item - month to month & overall?

I'm still fairly new at PC. I've been wanting to sit down & do an Excel Spreadsheet with recipes in the 1st column and then list all the tools required for each recipe. I think it would speed up the process of packing my bag for a show. If I had a helper, I'd put her on that as soon as I had all the regular paperwork done (labels, packets, etc.)

If she's familiar with all the tools, maybe she could even pack your bag for your next show?

Congrats on the new bundle of joy, Heather! :D

I think the opportunity you are giving this teen is tremendous...good for you! It's totally a win-win situation!

Now, for ideas on what you could make her do.....here's some brainstorming....

- Purging some old documents
- Computer entries
- Organizing sections of your PC work space/office
- Updating recruiting and show binders
- After your shows, take list of guests and enter their info into your system for later follow-up

That's all I got for now! HTH!

Have fun with your new baby! :)

gingertannery said:
I have to agree.. I am a little miffed at some of the replys.. What a wonderful time for you.. to have a wonderful bundle.. and someone to help you. I'm sure everything was meant in a positive mode.. and not meant to sound preaching... and scolding... cheffers would not do that I'm sure..

You are doing the right thing.. and it is for you and your business. You are giving yourself quality time with your family as you support your business as you see fit. I applaude you and your efforts. You are a wonderful mom and successful director. Good luck with that new baby. I would have her:
make packets: host, recruit
label all new materials
organize receipts
organize paperwork
inventory paperwork/forms/freebies to give away (use an old order form to tally)
I would get her input on anything she could suggest to help your business.. this would get her thinking.. she might even have a great idea you could implement!! All great skills for her too!! Good luck!!!!

:thumbup:

why are you miffed? I don't think anyone was rude to Heather~everyone seemed quite ready to help her come up with PC things for the teenager to do, and I for one, am miffed that I didn't think of it 8 years ago when I started my business!

My director had an assistant too but she signed this past July so she is now a consultant herself. I know it helped her out alot getting things organized & staying on top of paperwork. Sorry I have no ideas for you though really. I just wanted to let you know about my director & her "new" recruit. lol

me too girl. I was lucky to get dinner done out of a box. Most of the time dh picked it up on the way home or we ate sandwiches.

chefsteph07 said:
Not getting on your case, but the only thing I was able to accomplish when I had my baby was making dinner...and that was all out of boxes for a few months! LOL

tabnat80 said:
me too girl. I was lucky to get dinner done out of a box. Most of the time dh picked it up on the way home or we ate sandwiches.

Oh, I know! I had my daughter at age 34 and I do think that makes a difference as to how you are feeling from your early20's if you started having kids...I had NO energy, my dd slept no more than 2 hrs at a time for 4 months and I just had a heck of a time. Plus, dh worked over 12 hrs a day with only one day off!

I think it's great for those who have kids and can just bounce back but I was not one of em! LOL:yuck:

Nope, I don't think age has anything to do with it. I was 26 when ds was born and i was a mess. I didn't have a clue about anything. DS nursed every 1-1/2 and got to where he was using me as a paci. Dr. told me I had to wake him when he fell asleep nursing to be sure he was getting enought, otherwise, 1-1/2s later here were were again, boob popped out. LOL We had a rough go. Everytime he was asleep, I would try to get some stuff done, but I never was the supermom type. Heck, the whole first 8 months of his life, I didn't do a single party. There's no way I could have managed to work that into my day. LOL Maybe if/when we have a second child i will be much more prepared and knowledgable. I hope:)

chefsteph07 said:
Oh, I know! I had my daughter at age 34 and I do think that makes a difference as to how you are feeling from your early20's if you started having kids...I had NO energy, my dd slept no more than 2 hrs at a time for 4 months and I just had a heck of a time. Plus, dh worked over 12 hrs a day with only one day off!

I think it's great for those who have kids and can just bounce back but I was not one of em! LOL:yuck:

trust me.....you will be more knowledgable and will trust yourself more BUT our 2nd was the one that threw me for a loop! It was almost as if God said, "look, they think they are so sure of themselves...let's surprise them!"

Having three small kids of my own I say BRAVO! Taking care of everything at home with a baby on your hip is hard plus all the DR's appts. and running. Since adding my son to our family in March my business hasn't been the well oiled machine it once was.
If I had help:
making packets
putting contact info on everything
organizing receipts
Just that stuff would be great! Then you could have time to do more productive things that she can't do for you while the baby is sleeping...like sleep!

I was almost 40 with a newborn....there is a huge difference between that and being a 20-something with a newborn. Wait til you're 40, and you will know what I mean!

Heather - I think it is wonderful that you have help! Not all of us can be superwoman, and I know I for certain I wouldn't have run any marathons after giving birth. (who am I kidding - I couldn't run a marathon now!) I think women who bounce right back without any struggle are very few and far between. Good for them, but it's not the norm.

The things I would have liked help with the most regarding my business (and still!) would be:

Labeling catalogs, order forms, recipe cards, and anything else that needs to be labeled

Assembling Host Packets

Assembling Guest Folders

Filing

Help with mailings (host reminder cards, requests for catalogs, etc....)

1. What is "5 Hrs of Help by Teen" and how does it work?

"5 Hrs of Help by Teen" is a program offered by Pampered Chef where a teen is hired to help with various tasks for 5 hours at a time. The tasks can be anything that the teen is capable of doing, and the time can be split up into multiple sessions if needed.

2. How do I hire a teen for "5 Hrs of Help by Teen"?

To hire a teen for "5 Hrs of Help by Teen," simply reach out to your local Pampered Chef consultant or contact our customer service team. They will connect you with a teen in your area who is available to help.

3. What tasks can I have the teen do during the 5 hours?

The tasks can be anything that you need help with, such as labeling catalogs, making host packets, organizing materials, or even helping with household chores. It's up to you to decide what tasks are most important and beneficial for you to have the teen do.

4. Can I split the 5 hours into multiple sessions?

Yes, you can split the 5 hours into multiple sessions if needed. For example, you could have the teen come for 2 hours one day and 3 hours another day. Just make sure to communicate your preferred schedule with the teen beforehand.

5. How long can I hire a teen for "5 Hrs of Help by Teen"?

The program runs through Thanksgiving, so you can hire a teen for up to 5 hours at a time until then. After Thanksgiving, you can discuss with the teen if they are available to continue helping you.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• chefmelody
  • Business, Marketing and Customer Service
Replies
Views
tlennhoff
  • esavvymom
  • Business, Marketing and Customer Service
Replies
Views
Saturday Gourmet
  • PChefPEI