• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

How Can I Improve My Booking Rates for Cooking Shows and Boutiques?

In summary, the conversation discusses different strategies for getting more bookings for the months of December and January. Some ideas mentioned include using the booking slide, offering discounts or free gifts, and playing "Poker for a Prize" to generate interest in hosting a party. However, some participants also express their struggles with getting bookings and the challenges of the holiday season.
MHPampered
Hey all... I had 3 cooking shows and one boutique and no bookings. I am not sure what was wrong but I know everyone had a lot of fun. On Sunday I did some calling and got a bunch of nos... Any ideas to try and get some bookings for December and January.

I have 2 booked for December and one possible boutique. January I have one so far. I have ran out of lead cards to call....

Thanks!

Did you ask everyone at the show? Did you do the full service checkout?

Along with the full service checkout are you using the booking slide? I have found that to be very helpful.

You can also ask the no's if they would like to do a catalog show & just give them the same benefits. I've had several really good catalogs shows - $500+.
I too am getting a lot of no's at the shows, but people seem really interested when I am doing the booking slide. Maybe find out what they really want, but didn't get and offer it to them for 50% off if they book a show! It usually doesn't end up costing you very much & you will make a lot more at a show to make up for it. One thing my director always says is "remember, it's all a #'s game ..." Good luck!

I know the feeling! I have had three parties and two Holiday Shoppe things and LOTS OF NOS!!! It is driving me nuts. Nothing I seem to do or offer works. My 12 days of Christmas is offering the Deep Covered Baker at 50% on three different days and still no bites! So I don't know what to do either. And no, asking for help for something does not work either! I made up a flier that is titled: "WILL WORK FOR FOOD" which explains my new situation of being out of work and wanting to make my business grow. Zilch, nada, nothing. Not even a real response either. I just think people are so scared of what is going on that they have no clue either what to do. That is even with people who know what we do! I did a fund raiser for Habit for Humanity last night. I was offering $10 gift certificates where 100% of the purchase price would be donated. DIDN'T SELL A ONE! I was one of 15 vendors and everyone did poorly. So....

I am in a slump too, but one thing that has helped me get 2 shows (from the last 2 where I would have gotten NONE) is I play "Poker for a Prize", where guests learn all about the biz and about host rewards, which I pump up big-time, then the prize is a FREE show. I did this on accident the first time when I actually forgot the prize! It worked- I got a show on the calendar that held, then I did it at the next show, and that worked too! It's worth a try....

I'm also in a slump but for my last show I offered for the month of December a free show - one recipe and I'll bring paper plates, napkins & cutlery. I told all the gusts - This way if your busy this time of the year all you have to do is invite a few friends over (something you were going to do anyways) and have fun and relax. I had one taker and 2 that asked if that would apply for January. I added this after people were commenting on who has time to plan a PC party at this time of year after I showed the booking slide.

cookin to the top said:
I am in a slump too, but one thing that has helped me get 2 shows (from the last 2 where I would have gotten NONE) is I play "Poker for a Prize", where guests learn all about the biz and about host rewards, which I pump up big-time, then the prize is a FREE show. I did this on accident the first time when I actually forgot the prize! It worked- I got a show on the calendar that held, then I did it at the next show, and that worked too! It's worth a try....

What is Poker for a Prize??

cookin to the top said:
I play "Poker for a Prize", where guests learn all about the biz and about host rewards, which I pump up big-time.

How do you play "poker for a prize"? It sounds great and being new at this I don't have any good door prize games that also have to do with PC!

cookin to the top said:

I am a lil confused so what do you do? Give me some more details...

Thanks!

Poker for a Prize: I play "Texas Hold-'em". It's sort of like the "ticket game", where the guests get their hand of 2 cards for 1 question either about the Biz or about what Hosting is all about. When everyone has their hand, I lay out the "river" which is 5 cards shared by everybody. With every card I put down, I say "Did you know..." and give a fact about the biz. (tax benefits, no inventory, have a retirement plan, no need to be a salesperson or cook, can make $500 for 4 shows a month) Whoever has the best poker hand wins! (I say "poker for a prize" has no guilt-strings attatched- it's for a prize- NOT gambling! The guests usually laugh) Oh- when I announce what they've won, I pull out the Bookings Slide so they see just what they've won- NOT just me buying ingredients- lots more for being a host!

I hope that was clear- has anyone else tried this game?

May I just ask what a Boutique show is? I've seen the term a lot and have no idea what its all about! Thanks in advance,
M

What is the "4 Shows..... No Bookings!! :(" event?

The "4 Shows..... No Bookings!! :(" event is a training session for Pampered Chef consultants where they will learn tips and strategies for increasing their bookings and sales.

Who should attend this event?

This event is open to all Pampered Chef consultants who are struggling to get bookings for their shows.

What can I expect to learn from this event?

During this event, you will learn proven techniques for increasing your bookings, including host coaching, follow-up strategies, and creative ways to build excitement for your shows.

Are there any costs associated with this event?

There is no cost to attend this event. It is a free training session provided by Pampered Chef to support our consultants in their business.

Do I need to register for this event?

Yes, registration is required for this event. You can register through your consultant's website or by contacting Pampered Chef directly.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• Doodlbug329
  • Pampered Chef Bookings
Replies
Views
Amanda_RI
  • caitynsmom
  • Pampered Chef Bookings
Replies
Views
Admin Greg
  • milkangel