• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

30 Min Chix - What to Do With the Rest?

In summary, there are several ways to use a chicken carcass after eating the meat. One option is to make soup by boiling it with vegetables and seasoning to create a homemade chicken stock. Another idea is to turn it into art by painting and adding glitter. When making chicken stock, there is no need to constantly add water, and the bones should be cooked until they become brittle. The resulting stock can be stored for later use.
katie0128
Silver Member
What do you do with the chicken carcus after you are done eating the chicken?

You can use the carcass for soup. Or pick it clean, dry it, then paint it and glue on glitter. Then it's art!
<giggle>

Oooo... What an idea of a picture frame - secure the picture between the ribs!

I always boil it with some celery, carrot, onion, and some seasoning to make chicken stock. I freeze it in 1 or 2 cup containers. So much better than the store bought variety.

Can't belive I'm actually asking this question (I've been cooking for a number of years and LOVE making things from scratch, but have NEVER done my own chicken stock)... how much water and boil for how long? When the water starts to boil off, do you add more water?

katie0128 said:
Can't belive I'm actually asking this question (I've been cooking for a number of years and LOVE making things from scratch, but have NEVER done my own chicken stock)... how much water and boil for how long? When the water starts to boil off, do you add more water?
I use just enough water to cover the chicken parts. I cut the celery, onion, and carrot in large chunks and sometimes add a clove or two of garlic...and depending on what I seasoned the chicken with when I cooked it the first time I may or may not add more seasoning. If I do, I add poultry seasoning. I cover it and bring it to a boil and then turn it down to simmer for about an hour. I don't usually add more water to it. Once I'm done, I let it cool and then pour it through a strainer into a large bowl. Throw away the carcass and other veggies and package the stock for later use.

I believe that Alton Brown recommends that it simmer until the bones get brittle. At that point, all the collagen has cooked out.

What are some quick and easy recipes I can make with leftover chicken?

There are many options for using leftover chicken in quick and easy recipes. Some ideas include making a chicken salad with mayo, grapes, and almonds, adding it to a stir fry with vegetables, or using it as a topping for a homemade pizza.

Can I freeze leftover chicken for later use?

Yes, leftover chicken can be frozen for later use. Make sure to store it in an airtight container or freezer bag and use it within 2-3 months for best quality.

What is the best way to reheat leftover chicken?

The best way to reheat leftover chicken is to place it in the oven at 350 degrees for 10-15 minutes or until heated through. You can also reheat it in the microwave for 1-2 minutes, but be careful not to overcook it.

Can I use leftover chicken in soup?

Yes, leftover chicken is great for adding to soups. Simply chop or shred the chicken and add it to your favorite soup recipe. It will add extra flavor and protein to your soup.

Are there any vegetarian options for using leftover chicken?

Yes, if you are vegetarian, you can substitute the chicken in any recipe with tofu, beans, or your favorite meatless protein. You can also omit the chicken altogether and use vegetables as the main ingredient in your dish.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• AnnieBee
  • Recipes and Tips
Replies
Views
ShellBeach
  • pampchef.angel
  • Recipes and Tips
Replies
Views
gailz2
  • whiteyteresa