• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Help With Seasoning a Whole Chix

In summary: the author is cooking a whole chicken and is unsure of what seasoning to use. He recommends using his rosemary herb seasoning. The author also recommends basting with olive oil to seal in the flavor.
whiteyteresa
I have people coming by later tonight and I am going to cook a whole chix. The chix is 4 1/5 pounds I have never done this before. I only fix skinless boneless chix so which seasoning should a use.

I have the Rosemary, Bell Pepper & Herb, and Citrus & Basil (I have all of the others but I want to try one of those if possible)

I don't have the rectangular lid for the baker so do you think I could use the classic deep dish baker with the (discontinued) pasta bowl? or should I just use foil.

I just made a 6 lb chicken last week! I did it in the new covered baker. (it was a tight squeeze)
I rubbed it with some olive oil and then rubbed on some dried rosemary, fresh garlic & a little adobo. It came out GREAT!

Use your rosemary herb seasoning!!!! It makes the chicken taste awesome. Follow the directions on the bottle. spices and oil it's super easy, I even use that spice for pot roast.

I just use my rectangular baker with no lid, put you chicken breast side down it helps keep it juicy. You could also add some veggie to the pan.

You could even put a cut lemon inside the chicken to help keep it moist.

Rinse your chicken and pat it dry, then rub with salt inside and out, this helps with the moisture. Then rub with your rosemary seasoning throughout. I cut up a whole onion into quarters or eights and stuff it into the body cavity with several cloves of chopped garlic. This helps with flavor and with moisture. Oh!!! Also after you rub with your seasonings, baste with a bit of olive oil to seal in the flavor.... also helps add moisture. Baste frequently while cooking. I'm a weirdo, I don't cover my chicken, my kids and dh like the skin crispy and I like to pull it off. It gets very brown and crispy this way, so I don't recommend unless you like it that way AND you have time to baste frequently to prevent drying out. I've also basted with honey and soy sauce and stuffed with citrus. It's really up to you as to what type of flavor you are going for, but the garlic, onion and rosemary would be the most traditional. You can also stuff with fresh rosemary drenched in olive oil and fresh garlic cloves for a very savory treat. I make whole chickens almost every Sunday. Good luck!

1. How much seasoning should I use for a whole chicken?

It is recommended to use about 1 tablespoon of seasoning for every pound of chicken. However, this can vary depending on personal preference and the specific seasoning being used.

2. Can I season the chicken ahead of time?

Yes, you can season the chicken ahead of time. It is recommended to season the chicken at least 30 minutes before cooking to allow the flavors to penetrate the meat.

3. What seasonings work best for a whole chicken?

Some popular seasonings for a whole chicken include salt, pepper, garlic powder, onion powder, and paprika. However, you can also use any other seasoning blend or herbs that you enjoy.

4. Should I season the inside of the chicken?

Yes, it is important to season the inside of the chicken as well as the outside. This will ensure that the entire chicken is evenly seasoned and flavorful.

5. How do I season a whole chicken for roasting?

To season a whole chicken for roasting, start by rubbing a generous amount of seasoning all over the chicken, including under the skin. You can also stuff the cavity of the chicken with herbs or citrus slices for added flavor. Then, place the chicken in a roasting pan and cook according to your recipe's instructions.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• heat123
  • Recipes and Tips
Replies
Views
chefsteph07
  • Roadtripray
  • Recipes and Tips
Replies
Views
KindaichiShota
  • DebPC