• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Please Help! Chix Fajitas With Tenders!

In summary, the best way to cook chicken tenders for fajitas is either by grilling them or cooking them in a skillet on the stove. For seasoning, Pampered Chef Southwest Seasoning is recommended, but a homemade seasoning using chili powder, cumin, garlic powder, and salt can also be used. Frozen chicken tenders can be used, but they must be thawed completely before cooking. The vegetables should be sliced or diced, with onions and peppers being the recommended choice. Flour tortillas can be used instead of corn tortillas, but corn tortillas are more traditional for fajitas.
heat123
Silver Member
I have my first power cooking show and I wanted to do the fajitas but didnt' see any info on using chix tenderloins. How long should I microwave them and should I use 1/2 or the whole bag for 12 guests?? TIA for any suggestions!

Sure, you can use the tenders, throw that whole bag on top of the veggies!
I'd say about 15 min to start, then check. Maybe add another 5 min after.

I have microwaved them for the casserole and i think it took about 8 minutes to cook them. I would do them about 6 and then check them and go from there.

jrstephens said:
I have microwaved them for the casserole and i think it took about 8 minutes to cook them. I would do them about 6 and then check them and go from there.

8 min for the whole bag???:eek: or 1/2 of it?

Thanks Steph, I guess I will start with 8 and check and then add another 7?

Well, I don't know, 8 min seems kind of short, especially to cook the peppers and onions, but gauge it and see. Maybe do a test run at home first?

Related to Please Help! Chix Fajitas With Tenders!

1. How do I cook the chicken tenders for the fajitas?

The best way to cook the chicken tenders for the fajitas is to either grill them or cook them in a skillet on the stove. If grilling, cook for about 4-5 minutes on each side until they reach an internal temperature of 165°F. If cooking on the stove, heat a skillet over medium-high heat and cook the tenders for 3-4 minutes on each side until cooked through.

2. What type of seasoning should I use for the fajita chicken?

We recommend using our Pampered Chef Southwest Seasoning for a delicious and flavorful fajita chicken. However, you can also use a combination of chili powder, cumin, garlic powder, and salt for a homemade seasoning.

3. Can I use frozen chicken tenders for this recipe?

Yes, you can use frozen chicken tenders for this recipe. However, make sure to thaw them completely before cooking. You can thaw them in the refrigerator overnight or use the defrost setting on your microwave.

4. How do I prepare the vegetables for the fajitas?

The vegetables can be sliced or diced, depending on your preference. We recommend slicing the onions and peppers into strips for a traditional fajita-style, but you can also dice them into smaller pieces. Make sure to remove the seeds and membranes from the peppers before slicing.

5. Can I use flour tortillas instead of corn tortillas for this recipe?

Yes, you can use flour tortillas instead of corn tortillas for this recipe. However, corn tortillas are more traditional for fajitas and have a slightly different flavor. If using flour tortillas, we recommend heating them in a skillet or in the microwave before serving.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• whiteyteresa
  • Recipes and Tips
Replies
Views
PoseyMom
  • chefinbiz
  • Recipes and Tips
Replies
Views
Chef Kearns
  • pattybrady