• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Making 30-Min Chicken: Should I Prep Ahead?" -Kelly

In summary, marinating the chicken ahead of time is recommended as it helps infuse more flavor into the dish and can be done up to 24 hours before cooking. It is also recommended to cut the chicken into smaller pieces before cooking for faster and more even cooking in the 30-minute time frame. Frozen chicken can be used, but it is best to thaw it beforehand for optimal results. Preheating the oven before cooking is necessary to ensure even and thorough cooking in the 30-minute time frame. Other proteins such as tofu or shrimp can be used, but cooking time may need to be adjusted accordingly.
KellyRedHead
I am making the 30 min chicken for my show on Saturday. I don't always do a second recipe, but we (host and I decide to) my question is should I start the chicken and put in the microwave before the guests arrive, and then demo the rest of the 2nd recipe (which is tiramisu brownies)?

I think this would be easier and not take up alot of people's time and bore them??

Love to know what you all think. She has invited a lot of people and I really need the bookings so want to make the show look easy to host.

Thanks-
Kelly

I just offered that exact combination to one of my March hosts. I am going to make the brownie in the large bar pan and make it into a trifle (will need extra cool whip for the layering).

I plan to put the chicken into the microwave as I arrive and then put the tiramisu trifle together. I plan to garnish the dessert with chocolate covered coffee beans, shaved chocolate (with microplane) and chopped nuts. I'll have a guest carve the chicken.

Should be a quick show and it will show a lot of products.

As an experienced host and cooking show enthusiast, I think it would be a great idea to pre-start the chicken in the microwave before the guests arrive. This way, you can focus on demonstrating the second recipe without worrying about the chicken being undercooked or taking up too much time. It will also show your guests how efficient and organized you are as a host. As for boring them, I don't think it will be an issue as long as you keep the demonstration engaging and interactive. Good luck with your show and I hope you get lots of bookings!

1. Can I marinate the chicken ahead of time?

Yes, marinating the chicken ahead of time can help infuse more flavor into the dish. You can marinate the chicken for up to 24 hours before cooking.

2. Should I cut the chicken into smaller pieces before or after cooking?

It is recommended to cut the chicken into smaller pieces before cooking as it will help the chicken cook faster and more evenly in the 30-minute time frame.

3. Can I use frozen chicken for this recipe?

Yes, you can use frozen chicken for this recipe, but keep in mind that it may take longer than 30 minutes to cook. It is recommended to thaw the chicken beforehand for best results.

4. Is it necessary to preheat the oven before cooking the chicken?

Yes, it is important to preheat the oven before cooking the chicken. This will ensure that the chicken cooks evenly and thoroughly in the 30-minute time frame.

5. Can I use a different type of protein instead of chicken?

Yes, you can use a different type of protein, such as tofu or shrimp, for this recipe. Just make sure to adjust the cooking time accordingly as different proteins may cook at different rates.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• pampchef.angel
  • Recipes and Tips
Replies
Views
gailz2
  • Kristin B
  • Recipes and Tips
Replies
Views
Staci
Replies