• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

30 Guests at My Show Last Night!

In summary, Lacy had an awesome show with tons of people and a $1000 in sales. She is now trying to do the MAC calls to get bookings for her upcoming vacation to Branson.
lacychef
You guys:eek: I couldn't believe it. Saturday when I talked to my host she thought she had 25 coming--great! Then, when I got there last night for the show, she was worried she had 40 coming! She was so worried we wouldn't have enough food. Well, 30 ended up coming--I gave out all the catalogs I had! (I've had that many come a couple times when I first started, but it's been awhile!) Sales are over $1000 too:) Bookings aren't many so far, but I'm thinking MAC calls with this group since I really didn't get to talk to everyone much. I tried recruiting the host, but she doesn't seem interested....
and no, we didn't run out of food amazingly!LOL:D
I'm still pumped from it--I needed it too, cause we're going on vacation next month to Branson!

Awesome!!
What recipe did you demo?

Awesome!!! :D I wish I could get one great show!!!

Do you send out the invites also? I have started doing that, but its like pulling teeth to get them to provide more than 15-20 names. :mad: I include the 50 names flyers in my host packs too. I stopped including the flyer R/T the $1000 show because I think it may be intimidating to some.

Lacy~

That is SUPER! $1,000 show is just great! I would definately use MAC calls to try and get bookings...for some reason it seems like bookings are usually down with such a large group. What's up with that?

Great job! My bookings are always lower with big crowds, too. Make sure you do those calls!

How great!!! Good for you!

That is so awesome!

Right on Lacy!!! Doesn't it feel great?! I had an awesome month last month and every show was really good and it felt so good!
So now after your done with your MAC calls, get on here and answer all the questions that are being asked, cause I'm curious too! And tell us the results of your MAC calls! I did a thread about this last week but didn't get much of a response, what do you say during your MAC calls?
Congratulations!
:D

YEAH!!! I love having those kind of shows. I always feel like it is a better show if there are more people. The $$$$ is great too!

BTW, how did you make it through with a sunburn?:eek: You rock!

Congrats on such a great show Lacy! What a big pump up before conference! Looking forward to hearing what it closes at and how those big mac calls go! You can do it! :D

That's awesome! I've had that same experience - the shows with more people tend to have high sales but lower bookings. Definitely try the MAC calls and let us know how that goes!

I'm chair dancing for you! (Does anyone have a smilie for that?!)

kris

legacypc46 said:
I'm chair dancing for you! (Does anyone have a smilie for that?!)

kris
:eek: :eek: Now this I've got to see!!! LOL!:eek: :D

That is so awesome!! keep the momentum going!!!

That is absolutely terrific. Don't you wish they could all be like that!!!! :)

Wow, you guys are so sweet:D
Ok....
yes, I mail the invitations--I have for 2 years now. It makes a huge difference I think in the end result of the show. I joked with the crowd, 'wow, there must not have been anything going on tonite!' That made them laugh:)
The host opted to do a dessert show. So I made Apple Berry Salsa (my fave for summer), and Peanutty Brownie Pizza (made in the lg bar pan to stretch to get a few more servings). They loved both recipes.
I'm going to try to do the MAC calls this afternoon/evening after my daughter leaves for her slumber party tonite. We'll see what happens....I'm TRYING to be better at doing them! At least with this show, I have the excuse to call since it was hectic at ordering time that I really didn't get to talk to many.
Cathy, you asked about my sunburn....I think I was too busy to even remember my legs were on fire, LOL:D The only bad thing was I took my dh's Tahoe, and the back hatch wouldn't open, because the door didn't get shut all the way, so the host's bil helped me lift my stuff over the back seat!

My dream! I'm getting pumped for confrence. When I get back with this boost of confedence I've gotten just by reading some of the postings here and the info I learn at conf. my bus. is going to soar. Thanks

Awesome show Lacy! Hope the MAC give you more sales and bookings!

awesome! congratulations!!!

Great Job Lacy!!! Excellent!!

Ever since I have started giving the hostess a prize at her show for giving me 40 or more names for invites I've had nothing but success on it. Nothing big -- a mini serving spatula usually -- but it motivates them to try.

I also give them a little gift along the same lines when they secure a booking before the show. This has helped as well and still gets you a booking despite the large turnout that seems to intimidate people. The bookings also tend come from their outside order people so that's a nice, too :)

Great googly moogly! Congratulations!

raebates said:
Great googly moogly! Congratulations!
Not that your avatar doesn't already make me laugh, but this comment really did:D

wow! Congratulations on such a great show!

lacychef said:
Wow, you guys are so sweet:D
Ok....
yes, I mail the invitations--I have for 2 years now. It makes a huge difference I think in the end result of the show. I joked with the crowd, 'wow, there must not have been anything going on tonite!' That made them laugh:)
The host opted to do a dessert show. So I made Apple Berry Salsa (my fave for summer), and Peanutty Brownie Pizza (made in the lg bar pan to stretch to get a few more servings). They loved both recipes.
I'm going to try to do the MAC calls this afternoon/evening after my daughter leaves for her slumber party tonite. We'll see what happens....I'm TRYING to be better at doing them! At least with this show, I have the excuse to call since it was hectic at ordering time that I really didn't get to talk to many.
Cathy, you asked about my sunburn....I think I was too busy to even remember my legs were on fire, LOL:D The only bad thing was I took my dh's Tahoe, and the back hatch wouldn't open, because the door didn't get shut all the way, so the host's bil helped me lift my stuff over the back seat!
At least the BIL was there to help! I always have to be positive! Because that would have stunk if your sunburned little self had to do it yourself!
What do you say in you MAC calls! How did the calls go for you?
Inquiry Minds want to know!:p :D

Where can I find the recipes you used?

ClarificationI'm sorry to have to ask this, but I'm new to the whole PC thing and still going through things. What does MAC stand for?

That is Super! Good for you! Now I wish I could have that kind of show. I would be happy with 10 in attendance these days (or better yet, a booking)

Leigh0725 said:
I'm sorry to have to ask this, but I'm new to the whole PC thing and still going through things. What does MAC stand for?
"Morning After Calls" The morning or even evening after a show calls!:)

I am sooooooooooooooooo bad about doing ANY type of calling.........I know i need to to build my business, but I just cannot seem to get a rhythm down for how to do "it all"......................Anybody got a schedule that they do faithfully that they are willing to pass on to me?

Lacy! Awesome! How did I miss this?! That is FABULOUS!!!

ChefSheryl said:
Where can I find the recipes you used?
The brownie pizza is in the Desserts cookbook, and the apple berry salsa is in the All the Best. (sorry, don't have them typed up)

OK, so I didn't get my MAC calls done on Tuesday. (I call 'em DAC, cause rarely do I call in the morning--day after calls!) I made it a goal to get them done yesterday though. I sat down at 5:15 & was determined to not get up until I had called them all! Took about an hour, mostly left messages....felt like a broken record at the end, repeating pretty much the same message! I got about 8-10 live people. I don't know why I don't do this after every show....maybe a new goal for me. People are so surprised that you're actually just calling them to say "thanks". (and I did get 2 more potential bookings for the fall:D Not set in stone, but I'll get back with them with the new catty & I'm sure they'll book then!) I also have a recruit lead....she marked maybe on the slip & didn't order, so hopefully I'll get ahold of her today! Cross your fingers for me!

Fantastic LACY! I know you are excited!

OH yeah, I forgot to mention that one lady I called was the host's sister. She had taken some books at the party to take to work. Yesterady she said she'd gotten about $150 more in orders:D

Way to go Lacy! Shows like these can really fire you up.:D

Let us know what the final show ends up as...Congrats!

LAcy that deserves a bigWAAA HOOOOOO as Jean Jonas would say. Absotively posilutely fantabulous!
And you were doing all the right things. I will have you know that your post has inspired me. I am taking notes and I am gonna go for it. I am terrible at follow up. I figured that out at conference. I also do not take charge of my own destiny by handling the invites my self. The few times I did do it, the shows were great. One hit the $1638 I have posted as my high show. Thank you for sharing this as it makes a difference to see that this "extra" stuff does work!

Again a big WAAA HOOO to you Lacy!

Awesome for you! How sweet are $1k shows!

That's so great!!! I'm hoping for my first $1K show this month!

Yeah Lacy! That is awesome... I've GOT to try the MAC Calls. I hate the phone! Maybe I'll make that a goal for my show after Conference. Where are you in KS? I was born and lived through kindergarten in Emporia. Hopefully we'll be able to meet up in Wave 3!!

The phone is your friend! You can make up for what you didn't say at the show and you have a great excuse to call outside orderers. They need to know our warrenties/return policy. After you inform, you ask!

what did the show total end up being?!?!?!

Sorry guys! For some reason this hasn't shown up under new posts; I guess I kinda forgot about it!
Thanks for the 'wahoo's' John! Glad it motivated you do try these calls. I really now think that if you're just doing customer care calls & not necessarily to book/recruit, then people remember that--and when they DO need to order, they'll call YOU!:)
The show ended up at $1400:D I'm following up with the recruit lead today!

FANTASTIC! Nice Job!

prnces515 said:
I am sooooooooooooooooo bad about doing ANY type of calling.........I know i need to to build my business, but I just cannot seem to get a rhythm down for how to do "it all"......................Anybody got a schedule that they do faithfully that they are willing to pass on to me?

Time Management.....my biggest weakness, too!!

Anybody wanna share their secrets??? PLEEEEZE??:eek:

Paula

:)

Related to 30 Guests at My Show Last Night!

1. How many guests came to your show last night?

30 guests came to the show last night.

2. Did the host have enough food for all of the guests?

Despite the host's initial concerns, there was enough food for all 30 guests at the show.

3. How much were the sales for the show?

The sales for the show were over $1000.

4. Were there any bookings made at the show?

There were not many bookings made at the show, but the possibility of MAC calls with this group is being considered.

5. Did you try to recruit the host as a consultant?

Yes, the host was approached about becoming a consultant, but she does not seem interested at this time.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• MrsNetNut404
  • Pampered Chef Shows
Replies
Views
scottcooks
  • MaryannNic
  • Pampered Chef Shows
Replies
Views
mmilus
  • babywings76