• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

12 Family Skillet, Handle Spins...

In summary, people have had problems with the silicone handle on their 12" family skillet spinning around. It's difficult to use and it's not practical to hold it by both the long handle and the little short handle. If you paid for the skillet, you should expect it to work properly. If you don't have a warranty, you should return it.
jchesley
I have the 12" family skillet and the silcone handle part spins around. It makes it really difficult when trying to manuver it because it's not always practical to hold it by both the long handle and the little short handle. Like when flipping a skillet cake for instance.

Has this happened to anyone elses?

Jessica

return that skillet now!!! If you paid for it, then you paid too much to have it be defective! And even if you earned it, you deserve to be rewarded with a working product!! LOL!;)
Just call them up and let them know and get it replaced, you'll be more confident while using and selling it!:thumbup: :)
BTW, I love your name, that's my little girls' name!

I agree. Call HO and have it replaced.

Definitely return it!

I've had the same thing happen on several of my pieces. I returned my 10" skillet, got a new one, and it did the same thing. My theory is that silicone softens after a while. It's frustrating, and I'm surprised I haven't heard more people say anything about it. We need to tell HO. They have no way of knowing if we don't say anything.

mine loosened like that and then split during a show as I was taking it out of the oven... I kept my mit over it so noone saw it but definitely return that for a new one!

I just recieved mine in the mail today! I am so excited to use it, but I am glad that if there is something that might go wrong it might be that so I can keep an eye on it! But I would definitely return... they aren't cheap but well worth the money for a nondefective one! LOL :D

I have a hostess whose handle came off of hers. She threw the silicone piece away. She also doesn't want to return it until she gets a new one because she uses it at least twice a day and can't go without it.

krzymomof4 said:
I have a hostess whose handle came off of hers. She threw the silicone piece away. She also doesn't want to return it until she gets a new one because she uses it at least twice a day and can't go without it.

Call HO and the person that you speak with should be able to talk with their supervisor and get it approved to have a replacement shipped out before they send the broken one back....

krzymomof4 said:
When I earned mine last year it came with a broken handle! I called about it and they sent a shipping slip, but I had the new one before returning the old one. I'm sure they will not mind. This is great to share when talking about our warranty, sometimes things are defective. It's nice to know that people can't do without it though. :D

They will ship it first to consultants knowing we need it for shows. However, costumers have to ship it back first. Sorry

trps said:
They will ship it first to consultants knowing we need it for shows. However, costumers have to ship it back first. Sorry

Good to know! Thanks!

I e-mailed HO yesterday to let them know I had the same problem with my cookware, and tonight someone actually called me back to follow up with me. That, to me, was impressive. They really do stand behind their products. The guy was really pushing me to return the piece for a new one, and he said he'd pass along my information and have the problem checked out. So, please, if anyone else has had the same problem, let HO know! They can't fix problems if we don't tell them!

My 8-quart stock pot had a bubble in the finish. I called about it, then before I could ship it back to them (it had been 1 year) she called back, gave me a new tracking number and sent Fed Ex to get it from me. Got my replacement tonight.

I have a new appreciation for HO's service to us and our customers. We don't see everything that goes into creating and testing new products, and it's a long process, I'm sure. So when something isn't right, I'm so glad PC stands behind their products. That shows we are the best!

I'm glad to know (in a way) that this has happened to others - the handle moving. I thought maybe I was smokin something and didn't know it!! I just emailed HO to see what they say. I too can't live without my 12" skillet. I use it daily and love it!!!!

1. What is the size of the 12 Family Skillet?

The 12 Family Skillet has a diameter of 12 inches and a capacity of 4.5 quarts, making it perfect for cooking large meals for the whole family.

2. Can the handle of the skillet be removed?

Yes, the handle of the 12 Family Skillet is designed to easily detach and reattach for convenient storage and cleaning.

3. Is the skillet oven-safe?

Yes, the 12 Family Skillet is oven-safe up to 450°F, making it suitable for various cooking techniques such as baking and broiling.

4. What material is the skillet made of?

The 12 Family Skillet is made of heavy-gauge aluminum, which provides even heat distribution and durability for long-lasting use.

5. Can this skillet be used on all cooktop surfaces?

Yes, the 12 Family Skillet is compatible with all cooktop surfaces, including gas, electric, ceramic, and induction.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• Chef Laurie
  • Products and Tips
Replies
Views
bgraham
  • BadGirl
  • Products and Tips
Replies
Views
Admin Greg
Replies