• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Unpacking the Benefits of a Business in a Box: Explained and Illustrated

In summary, the business in a box is an effective way to organize your business and keep track of your contacts. It is recommended to use a 5x8 box with dividers for Months, Weeks, and Sections (Booking, Lead, Contact, Opportunity). There are also dividers for each month to help with bookings and recruiting. The box should be for ALL types of leads (hosts, recruits, sales). The survey slips are also recommended to be kept in the box.
smarteez2
Gold Member
Ok I have heard of these and am really interested in using one. HOWEVER I don't know what is in one, how you organize one, what sections there are, how you lable the tabs etc. Can someone explain to me really slow and draw me a pretty picture.... please? Thank you in advance. :eek:)

what is it?

It's a way.....I believe to organize your whole business by contacts, months etc..... I think?

I remember seeing something on here a long time ago about that - but Im too sleepy to look! It an organizational thing - you are right. Maybe tomorrow someone will know! Id liike info too!

Woot! I found it! I *hate* that we can't search for 3-letter words here! I did a google for it, and I found these:

http://www.chefsuccess.com/showthread.php?p=9973
http://www.chefsuccess.com/showthread.php?p=1017
http://www.chefsuccess.com/showthread.php?t=2113

Those threads had some good organizational info beyond the "business in a box" concept!

It seems rather similar to the Tickler File that "http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/0142000280/?tag=pfamazon01-20" author David Allen talks about, and I've heard GOBS of good things about that! :)

In fact, I need to dig my copy of GTD out and finish reading it - there's a lot there about organizing your space and the clutter in your head, and just plain getting things DONE. :)

Jennifer,

I don't know where Laingsburg is, were you at the Karin Logston meeting in Lansing on Monday?

Karin talked about the Business in a Box concept. I wish that I had started teaching it to my recruits from day one.

You can use any size box you want (banker box, 4x6, 5x8) but she and I would recommend the 5x8 size so that you have room to write. You can use the Host information cards (there is a copy in your Recipe for Success). But Karin recommended that your box be for ALL types of leads. Her definition of a lead is anyone you might do business with so includes Host, Recruit and Sales.

I think you can use your survey slips for this box (for those of us who don't want to keep rewriting information). Staple your survey slip to the 5x8 card in your box. This will give you room to take notes. You know the information, kids, husband, pets, job etc. and write down the dates that you contacted this person and a brief note about that contact.

In your box, you have dividers for the 12 months and then you have 4 dividers (weeks of the month) within each month. You file the card in the month/week that you want to conctact that person. After the contact, you move the card to the next month/week that you want to contact them.

Why do I wish that I had taught this to my recruits? I have two big boxes sitting on the floor of my office from a recruit who quit. These boxes have been there for six months. I don't have time to sort and try to make sense of these materials. If she had brought me her business in a box, I could easily pass it on to another consultant or start working through it myself.

Jeanine

Sorry for any spelling errors. When are we getting spell-check on this thing? :)

I wasn't at Kari's meeting, though Lansing is only about 1/2 an hour away. I'm *just* over the line into Shiawassee County - but my husband and I both work in Lansing.I'm going to implement the business in a box - I think it's my best bet to staying organized. Good thing I work in an office supply store right now! :)

I was taught the BIB method when I worked in the insurance industry years ago and hadn't thought about it since -- thanks for the reminder!!! I did find it to be a great method of organizing contacts. I was taught to color code the contacts too -- which would work here in terms of hosts, recruiting leads, etc.

Thanks all!!As usual you guys are great!!

I do much the same as this, except I have a 3 ring binder divided into 24 sections with the "manila tab divider sheets" (Im sorry I have had a long day and cant even think of the names of those things!!!)....anyway, The first half of the book (12 dividers) is labeled Jan-Dec and is for bookings. The last half is the same except for recruiting. No weeks in between. Basically inbetween each month is looseleaf notebook paper with one survey slip stapled to each sheet at the top so there is plenty of room to write underneath. Sometimes I even cut the top off of the order forms with their info where they check if interested in a show or the opportunity. Just move them to the next month after you talk to them.
This was in the Recruiting With the Stars workshop at conference.

I always seem to get more and more unorganized. I was listening to a PC CD that talked about a 3 ring notebook. I have to listen to it at home where I can take notes. I HAVE to get organized. I feel like I am missing out on business and forgetting things that I should be doing.

I need HELP!

Soozeeq said:
I always seem to get more and more unorganized. I was listening to a PC CD that talked about a 3 ring notebook. I have to listen to it at home where I can take notes. I HAVE to get organized. I feel like I am missing out on business and forgetting things that I should be doing.

I need HELP!

I think an important first step is to try and figure out what type of system works for YOU. Some people like the box/card method. Some people like the 3-ring binder system. Others use Pampered Partner to it's fullest extent.

Are you a paper and pen person? Do you like electronic gadgets? I think the next step is to choose one and stick with it so you aren't using more than one method and creating even more work for yourself.

I think I'm more of a paper person but I take the time to put the information (dates and call back stuff) into Pampered Partner. I feel guilty if I don't take advantage of the program. . .but the PP calendar system really isn't working. It's too out-of-sight for me. Heck, half the time I don't even open my paper planner and see what I should be doing that day.

Related to Unpacking the Benefits of a Business in a Box: Explained and Illustrated

What is the "Business in a Box" program?

The "Business in a Box" program is a comprehensive starter kit designed to help individuals kickstart their Pampered Chef business. It includes all the necessary tools and resources to get started, such as product samples, catalogs, order forms, and training materials.

How much does the "Business in a Box" program cost?

The "Business in a Box" program costs $159, which includes the cost of shipping. This fee also covers the cost of your Personal Website for the first three months. After the three-month period, the monthly fee for the Personal Website is $9.50.

What is included in the "Business in a Box" kit?

The "Business in a Box" kit includes over $650 worth of products and business supplies. This includes product samples, catalogs, order forms, a consultant manual, and training materials. It also includes a Personal Website for the first three months.

Can I customize my "Business in a Box" kit?

Yes, you can customize your "Business in a Box" kit by choosing which products you would like to include in your kit. You can also choose to add additional business supplies, such as more catalogs or order forms, for an additional cost.

Is the "Business in a Box" program available internationally?

Yes, the "Business in a Box" program is available in most countries where Pampered Chef operates. However, the contents of the kit may vary depending on the country. Please contact your local Pampered Chef consultant for more information.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• chefjeanine
  • Business, Marketing and Customer Service
Replies
Views
Admin Greg
  • prissylovescooking
  • Business, Marketing and Customer Service
Replies
Views
pchockeymom
  • Bren706