• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

What are some tips for organizing my home business in 2007?

In summary, the conversation is about organizing a home business and the struggles of keeping track of important information. Suggestions are given to use a spreadsheet on the computer to keep track of show numbers, orders, and important notes. It is also mentioned to have a designated bin for current materials and to utilize reminders on the computer. Multiple people express interest in seeing a copy of the spreadsheet for their own use.
krzymomof4
Silver Member
Okay. I thought I was pretty organized, but I am finding out I am soooo wrong. I feel like I can never find what I am looking for even though I file everything. I have manilla folders for shows, which are labled by host name (think I may change those to #'s). I keep 2 calendars, my franklin covey and the PC one they send us. I have 3 spiral notebooks with notes and lists, I have hostess packets all over the place and I feel like I am calling the same people over and over again.
Please help me end the craziness. My husband has tried to help me (he is anal about being organized), but since he doesn't have a home business, his suggestions aren't seeming to help.
Thanks for any help, and trust me any little bit will be a help!
Leslie

Paper doesn't work for me!I think the best thing to do is to use a spreadsheet on your PC. It's easier than having paper I think. Although I do keep a journal for my personal time with the Lord, but I love the search feature on my PC. If I write something down, I know I will never find it again. I don't know how many times I have written things down in a notebook, only to have to switch to another mid stream and then jump back when I found it.
Anyway a spreadsheet will allow you to keep important notes in your PC based on show number or even individual orders. You can always search based on show number, name, street, or phone number.
I keep track of when was the last time (date) I called, if I left a message, there was no answering machine, and what I mailed out to them.
I make sure to follow up, and since my PC also has reminders, they pop up whenever I turn on my PC or look at my calendar online. I also have two calendars, one online and the PC one they send us.

I only make one host packet per show to take with me, but those usually are good for the entire season, except for guest and host specials that change each month. I do make sure to keep all current flyers, order forms and catalogs handy in a plastic 3 drawer bin.

Hope this helps.
Debbie :D

Debbie, what kind of spreadsheet do you use? Is it a program, or something already on the computer? How do you set one up?

Debbie, I would also like to see a copy of your spread sheet. I have notes all over the place. Ann

Hi Leslie,I completely understand your struggle with staying organized as a Pampered Chef consultant. It can be overwhelming with all the different tasks and materials we need to keep track of. I have a few suggestions that may help you streamline your organization process.First, I would recommend consolidating your calendars. Having two separate ones can lead to confusion and missed appointments. Choose one that works best for you and stick with it. You could also consider using an online calendar or scheduling app to keep everything in one place.Next, instead of using multiple spiral notebooks, try using one binder with dividers for each category such as hostess packets, notes, and lists. This will make it easier to find what you need and keep everything in one place.You mentioned labeling your folders by host name, which can be time-consuming and confusing. I would suggest using a numbering system instead, such as labeling each folder with the month and year of the show. This way, you can easily track when each show took place and refer back to it if needed.Lastly, I highly recommend utilizing the resources provided by Pampered Chef. They have a consultant website with training materials, templates for hostess packets, and other helpful tools to keep you organized. Also, consider attending local consultant meetings or connecting with other consultants to share tips and strategies for staying organized.I hope these suggestions help you in your journey towards better organization. Remember, it's okay to make adjustments and find what works best for you. Don't be afraid to ask for help or try new methods. Wishing you all the best in your business!Best,

1. What is "New Goal" and when was it organized?

"New Goal" is a non-profit organization that focuses on promoting education and community development. It was organized in 2007.

2. What is the main goal of "New Goal"?

The main goal of "New Goal" is to provide educational opportunities and resources to underprivileged communities, with a focus on empowering women and children.

3. What kinds of programs does "New Goal" offer?

"New Goal" offers various programs such as after-school tutoring, vocational training, and community development projects aimed at improving the quality of life for marginalized communities.

4. How can I get involved with "New Goal"?

You can get involved with "New Goal" by volunteering your time or skills, making a donation, or spreading awareness about our cause through social media or word of mouth.

5. Is "New Goal" a global organization?

Yes, "New Goal" has projects and partnerships in multiple countries around the world, including Africa, Asia, and South America.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• stephgsl1
  • Business, Marketing and Customer Service
Replies
Views
sandilou
  • pckrissy
  • Business, Marketing and Customer Service
Replies
Views
thecougchef
  • chefdeb410