• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

theOfficial Hijacking Threads Hijack Thread

In summary, many people are complaining about the way threads get hijacked and morph into something completely unrelated to the original thread title. Some say it's just the way normal conversation flows and topics change as one topic reminds speakers of another. Others say thread hijacking is an awful thing and it is terribly annoying. Well, this thread is going to stay on topic: thread hijacking! Few things are harder to put up with than the annoyance of a good example.
Well, when it hits the fan, buy an air conditioner.

I don't really have enough hair left for conditioner.

I never rush into a haircut...I give it a day or two to mullet over.

I never had an opportunity to rush for a fraternity because my school didn't have them.

Did you hear about the high-school principals who were committed to an asylum? They didn't have all their faculties.

jasonmva said:
I never had an opportunity to rush for a fraternity because my school didn't have them.
That's okay because you can listen to Rush on the radio every day.

Or you can watch Rush on CBS every Sunday night.

The_Kitchen_Guy said:

Radio! I knew there was a movie I wanted to see but couldn't remember the name of it.

Is Rush getting the band back together?

I can't wait for Paula Abdul's new album to come out. It is suppose to have Rush Rush on it and I loved that song.

The_Kitchen_Guy said:

Ok, seriously, is that Rush Limbaugh on CBS every Sunday night?????

Sorry, can't help you there, I'm totally loyal to sex in the city.

Paige, sounds like you're loyal to sex anywhere you can get it!

I'm sorry if that came across as mean - I just reread it and it sounded better in my head than on screen.

chefann said:
Paige, sounds like you're loyal to sex anywhere you can get it!

WOW!!!!! What is so wrong with sex in the country?

Depends if you like cow pies in your, well, you get the picture...

janetupnorth said:
Ok, seriously, is that Rush Limbaugh on CBS every Sunday night?????
No, that would be LILY Rush, the main character of Cold Case.

jasonmva said:
WOW!!!!! What is so wrong with sex in the country?
The worst part is the bugs. Mosquito bites in the nether regions can be a real problem at work the next day.

chefann said:
Depends if you like cow pies in your, well, you get the picture...

Are those anything like mincemeat pies?

Mincemeat is like Spam. No one knows just what's in Spam or mincemeat.The contents of cowpies is pretty much known.

I get so much spam in one of my email accounts. Maybe I should close it.

The_Kitchen_Guy said:
No, that would be LILY Rush, the main character of Cold Case.

I love Cold Case!

I think I am coming down with a case of a head cold

Zinc or zwim. Orange ya glad ya drink citrus juice with Vitamin C?

Paige Dixon said:
When the cottonwood trees start to blow in the fall, it looks like it's snowing. My pool gets filled with cotton.

When I mooved to MN (after spending most of my life in the North east) All I could think was "what in the heck is all this white stuff blowing around in June????

How about Airborne?

82nd Airborne....yeah, they're at Ft Bragg in NC! Beth's in NC!!!

etteluap70PC said:
When I mooved to MN (after spending most of my life in the North east) All I could think was "what in the heck is all this white stuff blowing around in June????
In Minnie Soda, it could very well be snow.

Paige Dixon said:
How about Airborne?
Sure - they use Parrot Chutes!

3parrots.gif

A postal carrier is working on a new beat. He comes to a garden gate marked BEWARE OF THE PARROT! He looks down the garden and, sure enough, there's a parrot sitting on its perch. He has a little chuckle to himself at the sign and the parrot there on its perch. The mailman opens the gate and walks into the garden. He gets as far as the parrot's perch, when suddenly, it calls out: "REX, ATTACK!"

That's a good one - I can't post my parrot jokes here. :eek:

PamperedChefDebi said:
82nd Airborne....yeah, they're at Ft Bragg in NC! Beth's in NC!!!
My brother in law was in the 82nd Airborne. He jumped out of perfectly good planes.

Here's a clean one - unless Brandy comes and reads this...she has a problem with dead birds....

MAMA'S GIFTS
Four brothers left home for college, and they became successful doctors and lawyers and prospered. Some years later, they chatted after having dinner together. They discussed the gifts they were able to give their elderly mother who lived far away in another city.

The first said, "I had a big house built for Mama."

The second said, "I had a hundred thousand dollar theater built in the house."

The third said "I had my Mercedes dealer deliver an SL600 to her."

The fourth said, "You know how Mama loved reading the Bible and you know she can't read anymore because she can't see very well. I met this preacher who told me about a parrot that can recite the entire Bible. It took twenty preachers 12 years to teach him. I had to pledge to contribute $100,000 a year for twenty years to the church, but it was worth it. Mama just has to name the chapter and verse and the parrot will recite it."

The other brothers were impressed. After the holidays Mom sent out her thank you notes. "She wrote: "Milton, the house you built is so huge. I live in only one room, but I have to clean the whole house. Thanks anyway."

"Marvin, I am too old to travel. I stay home, I have my groceries delivered, so I never use the Mercedes. The thought was good. Thanks."

"Michael, you gave me an expensive theater with Dolby sound, it could hold 50 people, but all my friends are dead, I've lost my hearing and I'm nearly blind. I'll never use it. Thank you for the gesture just the same."

"Dearest Melvin, you were the only son to have the good sense to give little thought to your gift. The chicken was delicious. Thank you."

That was funny but I still want to hear the parrot jokes that can't be posted.

Maybe over beers at conference.

Who is that?????:confused:

A man was driving along the highway, and saw a rabbit hopping across the middle of the road. He swerved to avoid hitting the animal, but unfortunately it jumped in front of the car and was hit.

The driver, being a sensitive man as well as an animal lover, pulled over to the side of the road, and got out to see what had become of the rabbit. Much to his dismay, the rabbit was dead.

The driver felt so awful, he began to cry. A woman driving down the highway saw the man crying at the side of the road and pulled over. She stepped out of her car and asked the man what was wrong.

"I feel terrible," he explained, "I accidentally hit this rabbit and killed it."

The woman told the man not to worry. She knew what to do. She went to her car trunk, and pulled out a spray can. She walked over to the limp, dead rabbit, and sprayed the contents of the can onto it.

Miraculously the rabbit came to life, jumped up, waved its paw at the two humans and hopped down the road. Fifty yards away the rabbit stopped, turned around, waved and hopped down the road, another 50 yards, turned, waved and hopped another 50 yards.

The man was astonished. He couldn't figure out what substance could be in the woman's spray can!!

He ran over to the woman and asked, "What is in your spray can? What did you spray on that rabbit?"

The woman turned the can around so that the man could read the label. It said: "Hair spray. Restores life to dead hair. Adds permanent wave."

Sooooo, you're in the frilly, blue wave, KG?

WHO IS THAT??? I wish I had something smart to say.

I can't stop laughing.:D :eek: :D :D

Paige Dixon said:
A man was driving along the highway, and saw a rabbit hopping across the middle of the road. He swerved to avoid hitting the animal, but unfortunately it jumped in front of the car and was hit.

The driver, being a sensitive man as well as an animal lover, pulled over to the side of the road, and got out to see what had become of the rabbit. Much to his dismay, the rabbit was dead.

The driver felt so awful, he began to cry. A woman driving down the highway saw the man crying at the side of the road and pulled over. She stepped out of her car and asked the man what was wrong.

"I feel terrible," he explained, "I accidentally hit this rabbit and killed it."

The woman told the man not to worry. She knew what to do. She went to her car trunk, and pulled out a spray can. She walked over to the limp, dead rabbit, and sprayed the contents of the can onto it.

Miraculously the rabbit came to life, jumped up, waved its paw at the two humans and hopped down the road. Fifty yards away the rabbit stopped, turned around, waved and hopped down the road, another 50 yards, turned, waved and hopped another 50 yards.

The man was astonished. He couldn't figure out what substance could be in the woman's spray can!!

He ran over to the woman and asked, "What is in your spray can? What did you spray on that rabbit?"

The woman turned the can around so that the man could read the label. It said: "Hair spray. Restores life to dead hair. Adds permanent wave."

I Like It I Love It I Want Some More of It

He's the official waver of the Maple Leafs.

The_Kitchen_Guy said:
He's the official waver of the Maple Leafs.

Well then that makes total sense (can you hear the sarcasm?).......WTF?:confused: :confused: :confused:
LOL

oh i get it !! took me a bit!

Not to get off subject but..........

I went to the store tonight and on the way home there was an ambulance and a couple police cars blocking traffic. I was one of the first cars to arrive so I was up front and could see what was going on. They had a man on a stretcher and they had his foot all wrapped up. They put him in the ambulance and started to drive off. I was behind and the officer waved me through. Well.... the ambulance was in front of me not too far away and I could see something sitting on the back tail gate. It was a cooler. As they got faster it fell off. I honked and flashed my lights but they did not stop. So I pulled over and got the cooler . I put it in the car and opened it. YIKES!!! It was the mans toe in ice!!!!!!!!!! I about died. I called 911 to report and they said to call a tow truck.:D

:D :D :D :D :D :D bWAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAH

Think...

http://www.usa.husqvarna.com/Files/products/large/H210-0125.gif

OI VEY KG! you really confuse me! I can't tell what that is.

(It's a Leafs Blower.)

chefann said:
Send her a Chef Success thong.

Oh dear gawd!! I am gone away from this site one month too long!!! It will take me WEEKS to catch up with everything!!

LOL well as for the quote above... (I am only on page 2 of 14 of this thread...) so here in Newfoundland we have our own creative language. So creative in fact that we have our own dictionary and she's a good 3 inches thick!!! I was walking to work one morning the week and as I passed by one of the many interesting gift shops downtown on Water Street, I saw the funniest thong in the window. On the front of it (well the only full piece of fabric) it said and I will quote it in Newfouneze "De Arse Is Gone Right Outta Her"!!! he ehee!! I just about cracked right there on the street!

Anyway, thought I would share that with you all!! I want to get in on this thread hijacking thing too :)

ooh btw.. just found out last week I am going to Dominican Republic this time next week..woooooooooooooooooooo hooooooooooooooooooooo can't WAIT can't WAIT!!!!!!!!!!!! all expense paid, all inclusive Bahia Principe in Puerto Plata!!! yippppeeeeeeeeeeeeeee!!

Okay. well its after 11pm here.. I'm off to la la land!

Cheers

<h2>1. What is a thread hijacking?</h2><p>A thread hijacking occurs when the topic of a conversation in a forum thread shifts from the original subject to something completely unrelated.</p><h2>2. Why do threads get hijacked?</h2><p>There are a few reasons why threads may get hijacked. Sometimes, it's simply the natural flow of conversation as one topic leads to another. Other times, it may be due to a lack of moderation or enforcement of staying on topic. Some users may also intentionally hijack threads for attention or to disrupt the conversation.</p><h2>3. Is thread hijacking a common issue on forums?</h2><p>Yes, thread hijacking is a common issue on forums. It can be frustrating for users who are genuinely interested in the original topic and can make it difficult for others to follow the conversation.</p><h2>4. How can thread hijacking be prevented?</h2><p>Moderation is key in preventing thread hijacking. Forum moderators should actively monitor threads and redirect the conversation back to the original topic if it veers off track. Setting clear guidelines for staying on topic can also help prevent thread hijacking.</p><h2>5. What should I do if I notice a thread being hijacked?</h2><p>If you notice a thread being hijacked, you can try politely redirecting the conversation back to the original topic. You can also flag the thread for moderation or report the issue to a forum moderator. It's important to remember to stay respectful and avoid engaging in any arguments or off-topic discussions.</p>

Related to theOfficial Hijacking Threads Hijack Thread

1. What is a thread hijacking?

A thread hijacking occurs when the topic of a conversation in a forum thread shifts from the original subject to something completely unrelated.

2. Why do threads get hijacked?

There are a few reasons why threads may get hijacked. Sometimes, it's simply the natural flow of conversation as one topic leads to another. Other times, it may be due to a lack of moderation or enforcement of staying on topic. Some users may also intentionally hijack threads for attention or to disrupt the conversation.

3. Is thread hijacking a common issue on forums?

Yes, thread hijacking is a common issue on forums. It can be frustrating for users who are genuinely interested in the original topic and can make it difficult for others to follow the conversation.

4. How can thread hijacking be prevented?

Moderation is key in preventing thread hijacking. Forum moderators should actively monitor threads and redirect the conversation back to the original topic if it veers off track. Setting clear guidelines for staying on topic can also help prevent thread hijacking.

5. What should I do if I notice a thread being hijacked?

If you notice a thread being hijacked, you can try politely redirecting the conversation back to the original topic. You can also flag the thread for moderation or report the issue to a forum moderator. It's important to remember to stay respectful and avoid engaging in any arguments or off-topic discussions.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• Admin Greg
  • General Chat
Replies
Views
sharalam
  • Kitchen Diva
  • General Chat
2 3
Replies
Views
PamperedDor