• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Don't Let the Economy Stop You - Host a Party for Free Products!"

In summary, the conversation discusses the impact of gas prices and rising food costs on a family's budget and how it has affected their normal routines. The speaker is frustrated with people using the economy as an excuse for not hosting parties, despite the fact that restaurants are still busy. They share a recent experience with a hesitant host who was talked out of hosting by her mother due to the economy. The speaker tries to reason with her but she remains firm in her decision. The speaker also mentions using the economy as a selling point for recruiting, as their bookings have actually increased during this time.
amy07
I'll be the first to admit that the gas prices and rising food costs are definitely affecting our family's budget. And we have made some adjustments to our "normal" routines. But I am so sick of hearing it as a booking/recruiting excuse! I've tried to talk about why this is a perfect time to host = FREE products. But I hear over and over again, "my friends don't have the money. The economy is so tight right now". Ok, I understand. But you know what? Any given night if I drive thru restaurant row, EVERY parking lot is packed!

The latest really got me. I had a recent host attend my cluster meeting this week. She told me prior to coming that she was signing. When she arrives she is hesitant - her mother (in another state) talked her out of it due to the economy. :yuck: So we talk about her concerns and things seemed to be ok. Then she starts avoiding me on the phone/email. I finally get her last night and she says, "You know with the economy the way it is, I just don't think I'll find anyone who will be willing to host". I remind her of the TWO bookings she already has from her show. Still she will not budge. I even reminded her that she had over $1000 in sales, so people are STILL buying. She herself spent over $160 even after all of her benefits! :bugeye::bugeye: I know bless & release. *****sigh****

sorry for the rambling, just very annoyed with this one. I just can't buy it this time!:confused::grumpy:

It sounds like your host is using that as her excuse... clearly she was talked out of it by her mother.If you can get her on the phone, ask her, "If the economy weren't an issue, would you be ready to sign?" See what she says... I have the feeling that's not the real reason...

In this horrid economy, people are dining out less...thus they need to eat home more. They need to learn easy, healthy, cheap recipes (we have $2 per portion recipes)

thanks for your responses. I know that she is hiding behing the economy thing too! And I've tried reasoning.
One a good note: atleast I can focus my energy on the next leads, and have her on my "someday" list. ;)

Pre-2nd cup of coffee post (therefore grumpy):
Check in with her after you do the two bookings from her show. Let her know you'd be happy to help her earn some extra income anytime she'd like...since the commission she would have gotten from those 2 shows was $xxxxx. :angel:

I am using the "downturn in the economy" in my recruiting spiel to let people know my bookings are actually up and why. It is nice to see their heads nodding as I am talking about that.

Related to Don't Let the Economy Stop You - Host a Party for Free Products!"

1. How can I host a party for free products?

As a Pampered Chef consultant, I can help you host a party for free products by providing you with a party link to share with your friends and family. As your guests make purchases through the link, you will earn credits towards free products based on the total sales from your party.

2. Is there a minimum sales requirement to earn free products?

Yes, there is a minimum sales requirement of $200 in order to earn free products. However, with the average party sales being around $600, it's not difficult to reach this goal and earn even more free products.

3. Can I host a party if I don't have a large social circle?

Of course! You don't need a large social circle to host a successful Pampered Chef party. You can simply share your party link on social media or through email to reach a wider audience. You can also reach out to your consultant for tips on how to expand your guest list.

4. How long will it take to receive my free products?

You will receive your free products once your party has closed and all orders have been processed and shipped. This typically takes around 2-3 weeks from the date of your party.

5. Are there any additional perks for hosting a party?

Yes, in addition to earning free products, you will also have the opportunity to purchase exclusive host-only products at a discounted price. You can also earn discounts on future purchases based on the total sales from your party. Your consultant can provide more details on these perks.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• amy07
  • Buy and Sell Items
Replies
Views
ChefKrisB
  • chefkathy
  • Buy and Sell Items
Replies
Views
quiverfull7
  • melissaboyd