• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

theOfficial Hijacking Threads Hijack Thread

In summary, many people are complaining about the way threads get hijacked and morph into something completely unrelated to the original thread title. Some say it's just the way normal conversation flows and topics change as one topic reminds speakers of another. Others say thread hijacking is an awful thing and it is terribly annoying. Well, this thread is going to stay on topic: thread hijacking! Few things are harder to put up with than the annoyance of a good example.
  • #1,501
chefann said:
Yeah- that commission check every month really sucks. :)

I guess I'll just have to suffer through somehow. :p

• #1,502
I had problems with carpel tunnel about 10 years ago and it has been pretty good since then (no surgery). Well as anyone who has read my posts lately knows I have been working hard and evidently I have aroused the CT devil!

Last night I woke up in the middle of the night with a knife sticking in my wrist. It hurt SOOOO bad! And still did this morning. I went and got a brace and it immediately helped. I am still in pain but it is so better!

Good thing I'm almost ready for our company and the graduation party and then I "can't" do any projects until after National Conference so it should get a good chance to rest. - My granddaughter is staying with me until I head back that way and we have things to do and places to go so not work for me (except PC shows)!

• #1,503
Oh, Beth, I hope you feel better soon. The Furry Guy has CT. He sleeps with braces, but has trouble when he overdoes it.

• #1,504
Isn't the Carpel Tunnel up on I-77 around the Blue Ridge Parkway?

• #1,505
I actually got two braces today. One with the metal bars for extra support (will wear that to bed and when it's really acting up) and a lighter one that I can wear a glove over when I'm cleaning and doing other work. I can at least type some with this on - earlier it just hurt too much - and that fast, I was going into withdrawal. lol

My left hand bothers me some too but I don't want to do any bracing with that yet if I can help it. I'm such a wreck.

• #1,506
The_Kitchen_Guy said:
Isn't the Carpel Tunnel up on I-77 around the Blue Ridge Parkway?
Hmmm.... I think it's around there somewhere. :p

• #1,507
BethCooks4U said:
I actually got two braces today. One with the metal bars for extra support (will wear that to bed and when it's really acting up) and a lighter one that I can wear a glove over when I'm cleaning and doing other work. I can at least type some with this on - earlier it just hurt too much - and that fast, I was going into withdrawal. lol

My left hand bothers me some too but I don't want to do any bracing with that yet if I can help it. I'm such a wreck.
Think of them as bracelets.

• #1,508
The_Kitchen_Guy said:
Think of them as bracelets.
Ah, yes. Added to my other fine jewelry!

• #1,509
As long as you don't start wearing the matching necklaces, you'll be okay.

• #1,510
raebates said:
So, remember that $900 catalog host? She called today. Seems she's had a few more people tell her they want to order. She asked if it would be okay for her to do a July show.

Ha! Is it okay? I couldn't call her back fast enough. She wants the Salad Spinner, but wants the products soon, so she wants to close on July 1. I told her she needs to sign up. The woman attracts PC sales like a searchlight attracts moths.

She's not interested, at least for now. That's okay. I really don't mind her being a "just a host." Hee, hee, hee.
I just hate it when I'm trying to get some work done and people keep interrupting me, wanting to buy things or schedule shows!

• #1,511
Yeah, it's one of the burdens we bear.

• #1,512
BethCooks4U said:
I had problems with carpel tunnel about 10 years ago and it has been pretty good since then (no surgery). Well as anyone who has read my posts lately knows I have been working hard and evidently I have aroused the CT devil!

Last night I woke up in the middle of the night with a knife sticking in my wrist. It hurt SOOOO bad! And still did this morning. I went and got a brace and it immediately helped. I am still in pain but it is so better!

Good thing I'm almost ready for our company and the graduation party and then I "can't" do any projects until after National Conference so it should get a good chance to rest. - My granddaughter is staying with me until I head back that way and we have things to do and places to go so not work for me (except PC shows)!

Beth,
DH has carpal tunnel - and he used to have to wear braces every night in order to sleep - he started taking Vitamin B-6, and after just a few days, he was able to stop using the braces. He only needs them now if he REALLY overdoes it. In the past 3 yrs, I've only known him to wear them 2-3 times.

• #1,513
Here, I'll make sure this thead is o.k. You with the CT can just rest your poor aching wrists. Wouldn't want you to injury yourselves...

• #1,514
Hey, KG! My Saturday show called today and turned into a catty show. poot.But we can figure out something to do so you aren't sitting around in Auburn Hills all by yourself. Have you been to the Chrysler Museum?

• #1,515
My 7-11/12YO (yes, that is a fraction. Learned all about them from my FIL) DS announced at dinner tonight that if there was a metorite the size of France, it would be the size of our living room when it fell to earth. Asked him how he knew this... "I just know"

• #1,516
chefann said:
Hey, KG! My Saturday show called today and turned into a catty show. poot.

But we can figure out something to do so you aren't sitting around in Auburn Hills all by yourself. Have you been to the Chrysler Museum?
J. H. Chrysler! I hate when things like that happen.

My boss is coming up from Columbus tomorrow - we had to fire our helper tonight because he showed up smashed so Da Boss is coming up. We're headed for Toledo Saturday night, but I'd love to see the Museum.

I've been to museums for Fords, Studebakers, Auburns, Duesenbergs, Cords, Kissels and even the New York Central Railroad. I'd love to notch the Walter P Chrylsler Museum into my radiator shell - did you know WPC was a railroad man?

• #1,517
The WPC museum is pretty close to where you're staying, on the DCX HQ campus. Let me check into hours, etc. to see if they're open Sunday. Or will you have some downtime on Saturday, even with the boss in town?That stinks about your helper. Some people just have no sense.

• #1,518
I can always find time to look at cars!Even Mopars.

• #1,519
Our Lincoln club was going to go there a few weeks ago, but our event was sabotaged by someone from Ford. They contacted us about the Wixom Assy. plant open house, because the plant was closing in a couple weeks (it closed on 5/31), and that's where Lincolns have been built since it opened. Our Director told the guy that we had an event scheduled on that day already. So the guy from Ford got a directory from a member and called people individually. Everyone who was going to our event cancelled and went to the plant. Our Director (and Dan & me) was TICKED! So anyhoo, haven't been to the WPC museum in a few years. (One of the MI Lincoln Club board members is a volunteer there, so he arranges things so we can park in the circle in front of the building.)

• #1,520
Oh-tay! They're open 10 to 6 on Saturday and Noon to 6 on Sunday.

Let me know. You have my cell number.

• #1,521
RULES FOR BANK ROBBERS

According to the FBI, most modern-day bank robberies are "unsophisticated and unprofessional crimes," committed by young male repeat offenders who apparently don't know the first thing about their business. This information was included in an interesting, amusing article titled "How Not to Rob a Bank," by Tim Clark, which appeared in the 1987 edition of The Old Farmers Almanac.

Clark reported that in spite of the widespread use of surveillance cameras, 76 percent of bank robbers use no disguise, 86 percent never study the bank before robbing it, and 95 percent make no long-range plans for concealing the loot. Thus, he offered this advice to would-be bank robbers, along with examples of what can happen if the rules aren't followed:

1. Pick the right bank. Clark advises that you don't follow the lead of the fellow in Anaheim, Cal., who tried to hold up a bank that was no longer in business and had no money. On the other hand, you don't want to be too familiar with the bank. A California robber ran into his mother while making his getaway. She turned him in.

2. Approach the right teller. Granted, Clark says, this is harder to plan. One teller in Springfield, Mass., followed the holdup man out of the bank and down the street until she saw him go into a restaurant. She hailed a passing police car, and the police picked him up. Another teller was given a holdup note by a robber, and her father, who was next in line, wrestled the man to the ground and sat on him until authorities arrived.

3. Don't sign your demand note. Demand notes have been written on the back of a subpoena issued in the name of a bank robber in Pittsburgh, on an envelope bearing the name and address of another in Detroit, and in East Hartford, Conn., on the back of a withdrawal slip giving the robber's signature and account number.

4. Beware of dangerous vegetables. A man in White Plains, N.Y., tried to hold up a bank with a zucchini. The police captured him at his house, where he showed them his "weapon."

5. Avoid being fussy. A robber in Panorama City, Cal., gave a teller a note saying, "I have a gun. Give me all your twenties in this envelope." The teller said, "All I've got is two twenties." The robber took them and left.

6. Don't advertise. A holdup man thought that if he smeared mercury ointment on his face, it would make him invisible to the cameras. Actually, it accentuated his features, giving authorities a much clearer picture. Bank robbers in Minnesota and California tried to create a diversion by throwing stolen money out of the windows of their cars. They succeeded only in drawing attention to themselves.

7. Take right turns only. Avoid the sad fate of the thieves in Florida who took a wrong turn and ended up on the Homestead Air Force Base. They drove up to a military police guardhouse and, thinking it was a tollbooth, offered the security men money.

8. Provide your own transportation. It is not clever to borrow the teller's car, which she carefully described to police. This resulted in the most quickly-solved bank robbery in the history of Pittsfield, Mass.

9. Don't be too sensitive. In these days of exploding dye packs, stuffing the cash into your pants can lead to embarrassing stains, Clark points out, not to mention severe burns in sensitive places--as bandits in San Diego and Boston painfully discovered.

10. Consider another line of work. One nervous Newport, R.I., robber, while trying to stuff his ill-gotten gains into his shirt pocket, shot himself in the head and died instantly. Then there was the case of the hopeful criminal in Swansea, Mass., who, when the teller told him she had no money, fainted. He was still unconscious when the police arrived.

• #1,522
The following was written by Lisa Kogan, a contributor to O Magazine. It is her permission slip that she wrote for herself. She believes that permission slips are magical, since they got her out of 7th grade PE. This is her grown-up version. I believe I'll be adapting it for my own use:

To Whom It May Concern:

Lisa Kogan has been ridiculously wonderful for the last 16 days in a row, and now she needs to eat bacon in her underwear. Please do not phone, email, or make eye contact with her under any circumstances. You may approach only for purposes of foot massage (giving, not receiving) or to wonder aloud how she got so thin. Note to anyone currently sharing a home with Miss Kogan: In the event that you happen to catch on fire, be sure to drop and roll. Do not waste precious time attempting to smother the flames by wrapping yourself in a blanket, as the blankets will all be in use (and possibly covered in a light dusting of bacon bits). As for any other health crisis that might arise during Miss Kogan's time-out: You will find Bactine in the bathroom, Band-Aids in the pantry, and detailed instructions for giving yourself the Heimlich maneuver under a Marge Simpson magnet on her refrigerator door, just above the phone number for the poison control hotline (which Johannes quietly posted the first time he tasted her vegetarian chili).

• #1,523
Why would she put bacon in her underwear? I would think that would be very uncomfortable.

• #1,524
It's probaby not extra crisp.

• #1,525
There are about 14 one liners that were just inspired by that one...NONE of which I can use here.

• #1,526
Once again, I applaud your restraint, KG.

(I'm sure several of them matched the ones that popped into my head--not that I'd ever admit it, of course.)

• #1,527
Amazing the pathways one's mind can follow when presented with something as simple as "pork."

• #1,528
The_Kitchen_Guy said:
Amazing the pathways one's mind can follow when presented with something as simple as "pork."
Especially "pork" in a story with "underwear."

:eek:

• #1,529
misspiggy7.gif

• #1,530
The_Kitchen_Guy said:
There are about 14 one liners that were just inspired by that one...NONE of which I can use here.

Sounds like a conversation for late at night in Chicago!

• #1,531
KG- here's another thing going on in Detroit this weekend:
http://www.dtos.org/Design/Home/indexHome.htm

• #1,532
The_Kitchen_Guy said:

You can't use them on here? Crap, have I used obscene and descriptive posts?

Some of us you just gotta give a quick kick!

• #1,533
Well, **** you have to be ******* careful what ******* words you ******* use here because the ******* censor auto*******matically ******* blocks them and you feel like an ******* because your ******* post looks so ******* stupid.

• #1,534
So a day almost got by with out a post on this tread. I could not let that happened I love reading the new things on here.

So here is a new post, how is Detroit KG. Let me know if you are ever in MA.

• #1,535
<giggle> KG does not like the cops in the Detroit area. I was on the phone with him today when he got in trouble.But MI cops will pick on people with out of state plates. That's a word of warning to any CS-ers who may travel to our state.Tomorrow KG and I are going to a theater organ concert at a historic theater. It's a historic organ, too - built in 1928 for the Fisher Theater. Which is a Broadway-caliber theater, and why many traveling shows stop in Detroit. And did you know that Detroit is the 3rd largest live theater market in the country, based on number of seats?This has been another useless fact from the brain of Ann.

• #1,536
Even more useless because someone didn't get his butt out of bed soon enough to make it on time. Just my luck - to miss seeing a giant organ.Now, before you go giggling, I worked last night. We had some things to do in Toldeo, didn't finish until 3:30 AM, and it was over and hour and a half to get back to my hotel. It was a long night and a shorter morning.

• #1,537
Third shift sucks when you are not used to it! Hope you are sleeping well right now!

• #1,538
Now? Of course not - it's almost one in the morning and I'm on here. :rolleyes:

• #1,539
Ditto... What's so specials about sleep anyway?

• #1,540
It comes in handy on a daily basis.

• #1,541
And there is the operative word... DAILY

I'm mom to four kids (3 under age 8 and one I'm married to)... I don't get sleep on a daily or even regular basis... which explains why I'm on here when everyone else is actually sleeping! Oh well!

• #1,542
You think you're sleepless now, wait until they're teenagers.

• #1,543
KG and I had a good time tromping around downtown Detroit yesterday afternoon. He got stuck in traffic on the way to the concert, and turned down Woodward. I directed him to circle the park in front of my company's building until I could get there (I forgot that they don't enforce the meters on the weekend, so he could park if he found a spot). I drove in from the theater, where I had already arrived. Then we walked around the park, sat near the fountain and chatted, rode the People Mover (light rail) around, checked out a gorgeous historic building... then went back to my place for home-cooked dinner. Well, cooked is a little strong. It was the all-microwaved dinner (rice in the Rice Cooker, pork tenderloin in the DCB and peas in the Micro-Cooker).

• #1,544
Kinda like having my own PC show only I didn't have to buy anything.

• #1,545
And I didn't actually demo anything, just kept throwing things in the microwave.

• #1,546
If you head down to the Guardian building and want to do lunch in the Compuware building (or one of the many restaurants downtown), give my cell a call when you're ready, KG.

• #1,547
I'm heading out the door momentarilly and I'll keep you posted. I'm taking my camera this time.

• #1,548
If you get any good pictures, don't forget to share them with us.

Anything incriminating will do.

• #1,549
chefann said:
And I didn't actually demo anything, just kept throwing things in the microwave.

So you just perfected the "no demo" show!

• #1,550
He meant for the Guardian Building. It's a landmark in downtown Detroit, but I had never actually been inside it until yesterday. It was started in 1928 or 29 (I forget which) and is completely Art Deco. The architect was given responsibility for not only the building, but all the fixtures, much of the furniture, and the dishes in the dining room, so it all coordinated. The lobby has a gorgeous tile ceiling, stained glass, and a Tiffany clock. The doorman gives tours during the week, so KG was heading down today to have a tour.

http://www.guardianbuilding.com/

<h2>1. What is a thread hijacking?</h2><p>A thread hijacking occurs when the topic of a conversation in a forum thread shifts from the original subject to something completely unrelated.</p><h2>2. Why do threads get hijacked?</h2><p>There are a few reasons why threads may get hijacked. Sometimes, it's simply the natural flow of conversation as one topic leads to another. Other times, it may be due to a lack of moderation or enforcement of staying on topic. Some users may also intentionally hijack threads for attention or to disrupt the conversation.</p><h2>3. Is thread hijacking a common issue on forums?</h2><p>Yes, thread hijacking is a common issue on forums. It can be frustrating for users who are genuinely interested in the original topic and can make it difficult for others to follow the conversation.</p><h2>4. How can thread hijacking be prevented?</h2><p>Moderation is key in preventing thread hijacking. Forum moderators should actively monitor threads and redirect the conversation back to the original topic if it veers off track. Setting clear guidelines for staying on topic can also help prevent thread hijacking.</p><h2>5. What should I do if I notice a thread being hijacked?</h2><p>If you notice a thread being hijacked, you can try politely redirecting the conversation back to the original topic. You can also flag the thread for moderation or report the issue to a forum moderator. It's important to remember to stay respectful and avoid engaging in any arguments or off-topic discussions.</p>

Related to theOfficial Hijacking Threads Hijack Thread

1. What is a thread hijacking?

A thread hijacking occurs when the topic of a conversation in a forum thread shifts from the original subject to something completely unrelated.

2. Why do threads get hijacked?

There are a few reasons why threads may get hijacked. Sometimes, it's simply the natural flow of conversation as one topic leads to another. Other times, it may be due to a lack of moderation or enforcement of staying on topic. Some users may also intentionally hijack threads for attention or to disrupt the conversation.

3. Is thread hijacking a common issue on forums?

Yes, thread hijacking is a common issue on forums. It can be frustrating for users who are genuinely interested in the original topic and can make it difficult for others to follow the conversation.

4. How can thread hijacking be prevented?

Moderation is key in preventing thread hijacking. Forum moderators should actively monitor threads and redirect the conversation back to the original topic if it veers off track. Setting clear guidelines for staying on topic can also help prevent thread hijacking.

5. What should I do if I notice a thread being hijacked?

If you notice a thread being hijacked, you can try politely redirecting the conversation back to the original topic. You can also flag the thread for moderation or report the issue to a forum moderator. It's important to remember to stay respectful and avoid engaging in any arguments or off-topic discussions.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• Admin Greg
  • General Chat
Replies
Views
sharalam
  • Kitchen Diva
  • General Chat
2 3
Replies
Views
PamperedDor