• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

theOfficial Hijacking Threads Hijack Thread

In summary, many people are complaining about the way threads get hijacked and morph into something completely unrelated to the original thread title. Some say it's just the way normal conversation flows and topics change as one topic reminds speakers of another. Others say thread hijacking is an awful thing and it is terribly annoying. Well, this thread is going to stay on topic: thread hijacking! Few things are harder to put up with than the annoyance of a good example.
  • #3,001
Now, whoever would that be? Of course, I'm just speaking in generalities. :rolleyes:

• #3,002
Do you know what the BEST is? Seeing Ann on other threads, being a mentor, a friend, a shoulder, a teacher and then seeing Ann on THIS thread!

PRICELESS!!

• #3,003
Denarella said:
There she is! You will all be on the bus there with me when its our time to go! Ann's driving!

Gulp! Hall Monitor?:eek:
Don't worry - the hall monitor is gone for a few days.

• #3,004
Who is this Hall Monitor that you speak of? (Dun Dun DUNNNNNN)

• #3,005
Denarella said:
Do you know what the BEST is? Seeing Ann on other threads, being a mentor, a friend, a shoulder, a teacher and then seeing Ann on THIS thread!

PRICELESS!!
If "priceless" means, "without price" and "Worthless" means "without price" then what's the difference? :confused:

• #3,006
The_Kitchen_Guy said:
If "priceless" means, "without price" and "Worthless" means "without price" then what's the difference? :confused:

I want what you're having...

• #3,007
The_Kitchen_Guy said:
Now, whoever would that be? Of course, I'm just speaking in generalities.

:rolleyes:
*snort*

stupid minimums

• #3,008
So I'm supposedly closing the second booking from the potty party tonight.

We'll see.
I still haven't been able to reach Potty to ask how she's paying for her order on this show (since she cancelled most of her order on the previous show due to lack of funds).

But if it stays over $150, it'll be my secong July show, and the SS Saute pan will be on its way to me!

• #3,009
NOW we're settling back into normal insanity.

• #3,010
The_Kitchen_Guy said:
normal insanity.
There's an oxymoron if I ever read one!

Just like military intelligence and jumbo shrimp

• #3,011
original copy...

Hey...when is the Panaroma over and what is it?

• #3,012
Ooohhh.... Dena, you're going to love Pan-o-Rama!It's Aug. 1 through November 30. Get 1 point for each $ of cookware sold. Get points based on full retail, so even if a host buys it as host special in September (60% off), you get full credit for it. We'll have until the end of the year to redeem those points for free cookware for ourselves.

• #3,013
chefann said:
Ooohhh.... Dena, you're going to love Pan-o-Rama!

It's Aug. 1 through November 30. Get 1 point for each $ of cookware sold. Get points based on full retail, so even if a host buys it as host special in September (60% off), you get full credit for it. We'll have until the end of the year to redeem those points for free cookware for ourselves.

Whoa! HOT STUFF, Miss Ann! Cha Ching!

• #3,014
It's because the SS cookware line was just introduced. We can pick SS or Exec for our freebies. And what host won't want cookware at 60% off in Sept?

• #3,015
I've just put up a piece about bridges and the bridge collapse on my blog. If anyone else seem a little confused (and concerned) about the terms "structurally deficient" and "functionally obsolete" being tossed around without explanation, log on to http://www.jrmanning.com/ and see what you think.

• #3,016
fryingpan.gif

Aughhh!!!! I called the phone at the host's house, and no answer. The booking KNEW I was calling because she was going to have money for her order. (yes, she lives in the same house as the current host) The only phone they have is a cell, and I don't know that anyone checks the messages.

I guess I'll try again tomorrow. And I'll submit the show tomorrow night and have it shipped here, if need be.

• #3,017
Sounds like some ankle kicking is in order. I'd volunteer, but these people scare me a little.

• #3,018
You can find the house easily - it's the one with large appliances on the front porch and three cars in the front yard, all up on cinder blocks.

• #3,019
You don't know how right you are, KG! I'm meeting another cheffer this morning to do some shopping at Trader Joe's. I'm taking the show info and map to the house. And I WILL call them when we're done shopping. (And head over there if I reach a real person.) One problem? There are 4 or more adults in the house, and the only phone is a cell phone. If someone takes it with them when they go out, nobody else can receive or make a call.The booking from this party was supposed to have her address labels done so I can send out her invites - her show is on the 18th. (Which reminds me, I have to come up with a cheap recipe to demo - they're on food stamps and I just feel funny asking them to pick up the ingredients.)

• #3,020
You deserve a visit from the Dream Patrol for all you're doing for these folks.

• #3,021
Well, Ann, what happened?Enquiring minds want to know!

• #3,022
YAY! It closed! It was 75 cents short of a qualified show, though. I added something and am having that item shipped here. Yes, since I'm going back there in 2 weeks for the booking on this show, I could pick it up then, but I don't know if they'd lose it in the meantime.I went down there this evening - should have seen them scrambling for cash because friends who ordered things hadn't paid yet and I wasn't leaving without full payment.Wanna know the really funny thing? Potty gave Peggy (the 12 YO host of this show) a money order just a couple days ago for her order. And had the nerve to ask where the products were. "Why don't we have them yet?" Let's see: 1) believe it or not you're the only one who had submitted payment at that time; 2) the show hasn't closed yet; and 3) you have no right to talk after taking more than 3 weeks to get me payment from your show!And tonight they were asking what I would be making at the booking in 2 weeks, so they would be prepared by not eating too much dinner. *sigh* Anyone know whether the noodle skillet can be halved successfully?

• #3,023
How many more people can possible book a show out of this bunch????

• #3,024
Well, it sounds like they're going to focus on inviting more people to this next one. These people are, um, "friends" of Potty. And it sounds like this group has more relatives to invite. (I put friends in quotes because they - and Potty - talk about each other behind their backs.)

• #3,025
You are going to have to keep track of the number of shows that you schedule that started with Potty's show. BTW... how did you get Potty's show anyway?

• #3,026
She called me out of the blue. I asked her at her show how she got my number. She got it from the Coffee News ad I've been running. But she hadn't been looking for a party/service/product. No, she had been looking for the coffee news mascot. The publisher puts a mini version of him in each issue. Readers can write in if they find him, and they draw one winner each week - they win $50. The fact that she was actually spending time looking for that little guy for the bucks should have been a big clue.

• #3,027
Note to self - be very selective with placement of ads!

• #3,028
Well, now you know why I always stress that we do shows.Only Ann can do a potty.

• #3,029
*groan*, not that I didn't expect that one from you, KG.The gals who did my Bookings Galore workshop at conference this year said that they purposely use the word "party" because it sounds more fun than "show."

• #3,030
Of course!We all know you're the life of the potty!

• #3,031
Oh, c'mon, Ann. How could you let that one pass?

• #3,032
I'm trying to forget the potty. At least this other family, even though they're from the same show lineage, are more fun than Potty is. :)

Hers was just a crappy show.

• #3,033
Be careful, lest you p1$5 someone off.

• #3,034
Those shows were mostly a waste of my time.

• #3,035
At least they didn't completely go down the flusher.

• #3,036
But I'm hardly flush with cash now.

• #3,037
I think we're both plumb crazy.

• #3,038
Urine agreement with me on that one!

• #3,039
How long will it take to drain this topic? It could start to grate on people but it's like we're in a trap.

• #3,040
If they're sick of our gassing about, they can float another topic for us to digest.

• #3,041
Since no one else has jumped in, I suspect they're all anti septic.(There. Now we've tanked.)

• #3,042
Which is worse: anti-septic or anti-social?

• #3,043
An anti-social septic who won't take his meds.

• #3,044
I thought of a new nickname for DH, based on Rae's nickname for her husband. :)

Last night I needed ingredients for dinner, and didn't have time to stop and get them myself. Big mistake! The Farty Guy got a kohlrabi instead of a leek.

• #3,045
You're a gas!

• #3,046
Did I tell you the dip story from Dan and his college roommates? It's related to gas...

• #3,047
No, but I have a feeling you will.

• #3,048
I won't if you don't want to hear it. It is rather disgusting. Funny, but disgusting.

• #3,048
The_Kitchen_Guy said:
This place sure it fun when the Hall Monitor is gone!

If that was for me, I was around...just on a VERY slow connection for the weekend...so not worth posting...and enjoyed some real stuff...

Now what ever did I do to get the title "Hall Monitor"???? :confused:

If it wasn't me, I'm lost now because I was the only one that posted I'd be out for a few days...

• #3,049
The Furry Guy wears his moniker with pride. Can you say the same about The Farty Guy?

• #3,050
He doesn't know about it, but he absolutely would. His response to the commercial that asks, "Painful gas?" is, "No - actually, it's fun!"

<h2>1. What is a thread hijacking?</h2><p>A thread hijacking occurs when the topic of a conversation in a forum thread shifts from the original subject to something completely unrelated.</p><h2>2. Why do threads get hijacked?</h2><p>There are a few reasons why threads may get hijacked. Sometimes, it's simply the natural flow of conversation as one topic leads to another. Other times, it may be due to a lack of moderation or enforcement of staying on topic. Some users may also intentionally hijack threads for attention or to disrupt the conversation.</p><h2>3. Is thread hijacking a common issue on forums?</h2><p>Yes, thread hijacking is a common issue on forums. It can be frustrating for users who are genuinely interested in the original topic and can make it difficult for others to follow the conversation.</p><h2>4. How can thread hijacking be prevented?</h2><p>Moderation is key in preventing thread hijacking. Forum moderators should actively monitor threads and redirect the conversation back to the original topic if it veers off track. Setting clear guidelines for staying on topic can also help prevent thread hijacking.</p><h2>5. What should I do if I notice a thread being hijacked?</h2><p>If you notice a thread being hijacked, you can try politely redirecting the conversation back to the original topic. You can also flag the thread for moderation or report the issue to a forum moderator. It's important to remember to stay respectful and avoid engaging in any arguments or off-topic discussions.</p>

Related to theOfficial Hijacking Threads Hijack Thread

1. What is a thread hijacking?

A thread hijacking occurs when the topic of a conversation in a forum thread shifts from the original subject to something completely unrelated.

2. Why do threads get hijacked?

There are a few reasons why threads may get hijacked. Sometimes, it's simply the natural flow of conversation as one topic leads to another. Other times, it may be due to a lack of moderation or enforcement of staying on topic. Some users may also intentionally hijack threads for attention or to disrupt the conversation.

3. Is thread hijacking a common issue on forums?

Yes, thread hijacking is a common issue on forums. It can be frustrating for users who are genuinely interested in the original topic and can make it difficult for others to follow the conversation.

4. How can thread hijacking be prevented?

Moderation is key in preventing thread hijacking. Forum moderators should actively monitor threads and redirect the conversation back to the original topic if it veers off track. Setting clear guidelines for staying on topic can also help prevent thread hijacking.

5. What should I do if I notice a thread being hijacked?

If you notice a thread being hijacked, you can try politely redirecting the conversation back to the original topic. You can also flag the thread for moderation or report the issue to a forum moderator. It's important to remember to stay respectful and avoid engaging in any arguments or off-topic discussions.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• Admin Greg
  • General Chat
Replies
Views
sharalam
  • Kitchen Diva
  • General Chat
2 3
Replies
Views
PamperedDor