• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

theOfficial Hijacking Threads Hijack Thread

In summary, many people are complaining about the way threads get hijacked and morph into something completely unrelated to the original thread title. Some say it's just the way normal conversation flows and topics change as one topic reminds speakers of another. Others say thread hijacking is an awful thing and it is terribly annoying. Well, this thread is going to stay on topic: thread hijacking! Few things are harder to put up with than the annoyance of a good example.
While in Chicago did you take Doris one of Ann's CS thongs?

LMAO...... Ya'll are tooo funnny for me some times... I know when I need a good laugh to log on to CS!

Gee, KG, without you there's just no reason to post.

(That, and I had actual, real work to do.)

jasonmva said:

Jason, I heard you had the only pair!:eek:

jasonmva said:
Um, no.

TPC is in Addson.

amy07 said:
Jason, I heard you had the only pair!:eek:

I told you not to tell anybody yet! Well so much for that picture being posted now.

LMAO.... OMG..... !!that is tooo funny!!!

Ummm, thanks anyway, Jason. Not sure I'm quite ready to know you that well.

raebates said:
Ummm, thanks anyway, Jason. Not sure I'm quite ready to know you that well.

I have to agree with Rae... that's just a bit TMI for me...LOL

what would really be funny is if they are PINK!

Oh.........and I forgot to add that I have heard horror stories of people putting them on backwards!!!:eek: :eek:

amy07 said:
Oh.........and I forgot to add that I have heard horror stories of people putting them on backwards!!!:eek: :eek:

Okay, that's REALLY a visual I didn't need--Jason in a backwards thong. :eek:

raebates said:
Okay, that's REALLY a visual I didn't need--Jason in a backwards thong. :eek:
I didn't need a visual of Jason in ANY thong!

There are boxer shorts available for male CS members, or women who want something a little roomier. :)

And, BTW, you can dye them pink with fabric dye or with unsweetened Kool-Aid powder (mix with water and add fabric).

chefann said:

There are boxer shorts available for male CS members, or women who want something a little roomier. :)

And, BTW, you can dye them pink with fabric dye or with unsweetened Kool-Aid powder (mix with water and add fabric).

Now, if you let him borrow your Carmen Miranda hat with the thongs..........

Stop . . . Amy . . . can't . . . stop . . . laughing . . . can't . . . breathe . . .

And singing Coco Cabana:D

Love you Jason..............remember I'm your adopted sister, it is my job to do these things to you!

My hairdresser already has dibs on the whole costume for Halloween. He says he has better shoes for it than I do.
:D

amy07 said:
And singing Coco Cabana:D

Love you Jason..............remember I'm your adopted sister, it is my job to do these things to you!

oh oh oh .............totally forgot the "thong song" Jason!! You could sing that and shake your "rump shaker":D

and you know that I'm only doing this since you're not online!!:p :p

pcchris said:
... When you live here, the ONLY thing convenient is what's in town. At least we have 5 gas stations to choose from...believe that? 2 square mile town, and we have 5 gas stations...and of course, every town has several drinking establishments...we're no exception to that rule, either!

I live in a dry town.... no wait... they just changed that. I live in a dry township. The town was dry until January 2007. The town had been dry for 100+ years, but now the town is only allowed to sell beer/ wine in three stores and nowhere else...yet. I liked the dry town. Even though people still drink and drive and I am sure they do it through our town, I can let my children go to the movies, and be sure that there are not drunks coming out of the bars, and causing fights and such. Because there are no bars or restaurants in town that serve drinks. My township is still dry though.

chefann said:

LOL that is serisouly a visual I didnt' need of Jason wearing ANY THONG AT ALL... please do us a favor and wear the boxers...LOL:eek:

amy07 said:
Now, if you let him borrow your Carmen Miranda hat with the thongs..........
WHY did I have to read this post just before going to bed?

This is going to give me worse nightmares than a pepperoni pizza.

Becasue you gultin(sp?) for punshiment hehehehe!!!

The_Kitchen_Guy said:
WHY did I have to read this post just before going to bed?

This is going to give me worse nightmares than a pepperoni pizza.

I didn't think you slept!

Last December and January, that loud noise you heard during the day wasn't sonic booms, it was me snoring in West Virginia.

ROLF..... i bet that was a sight to see KG!!!

See?That would have been better than hearing it.The worst was in Charleston - it had been a long night and I got in about 7:30 AM. I left a wake-up call for 2:00 PM, put out the Do Not Disturb sign, called Housekeeping to make sure that no one came knocking on my door and told the front desk to make sure that no phone calls came through.At 10:15, there was a fire alarm. I awoke to the noise from a sound sleep. I was disoriented, not even sure where I was. I should have called the desk, but I struggled to get up and dragged myself down the stairs to the lobby. The look on the face of the hotel manager said it all - she had forgotten all about me when the false alarm went off. She should have called my room and told me to go back to sleep, but she had her hands full with what had called the false alarm.I took the elevator back up to my room and actually, I don't really remember a whole lot of the event.

all I can say is OH MY!!

It was poker night.I would have been better off hosting a show.Carry on hijacking.

Last edited:
Well, off to the clinic. I stayed up all night, studying for a blood test. I hope I pass it.

I shouldn't have said that. I didn't take a urine test - I would have had to pass that kind of test.

At least it's not stones you're trying to pass.

Been there, done that, puked at the finish line and bought the t-shirt.No, thanks.

My DH has passed 7 of them. He had one about every 12 - 18 months for quite a while. Thankfully, he hasn't had one for quite a while. They're definitely no fun.

worst pain of my life----------including labor!

Hijack!

What are you doing for the weekend? Any big plans?

I need to clean house. Bleah.

No, no, no!Don't use bleach. It tends to wipe out the colors in your house!

Not "bleach," BLEAH. As in YUK.

Oh, I C that now.

I'm headed out with my DH to celebrate our 22nd anniversary. He's put up with me for a long time.

You both deserve a medal. ;)

I told him life with me wouldn't always be fun, but it would never be dull. I didn't lie.

My father always doubles the years...for example for you it would be that you have been married 44 years...22 for you and 22 for him!:eek: :eek:

Congratulations!

I am spending the last weekend of my spring break with my DH and my DD and we are going to relax ALL weekend long and do NOTHING ... well maybe a few little things.... it will be nice!!! Congrats Rea on Celebrating 22 years!!! On SUnday it will be my husband and I's 4 month wedding anniversary.. does that count?

First time around, I had ten years of wedded bliss.2 for me, 8 for her.

Next month my parents will be married 50 years.....

The_Kitchen_Guy said:
First time around, I had ten years of wedded bliss.

2 for me, 8 for her.

Been there, done that, have the tee shirt!!! It was ok, but I am enjoying living in sin.

Yes, my parents celebrated 50 years a few year back and my Dad was telling everyone that they have been married 100 years!!! They are a wonderful couple and got married VERY young. I think if I had married someone like my Dad (when he was younger) it wouldn't have lasted. My Mom was determined and somehow saw through his youthful ways. I would have gone postal on him!!!

Hey! Where is everybody? I thought by this time on a Saturday, the first page would be full of new posts but it's the all the same old threads that were here when I went to bed last night.Maybe everyone is doing shows today?(Except me.)

My party is tonight, but I have got more on my to do list than there are hours in the day! Maybe they are all out for donuts this morning.:p

Good morning!

<h2>1. What is a thread hijacking?</h2><p>A thread hijacking occurs when the topic of a conversation in a forum thread shifts from the original subject to something completely unrelated.</p><h2>2. Why do threads get hijacked?</h2><p>There are a few reasons why threads may get hijacked. Sometimes, it's simply the natural flow of conversation as one topic leads to another. Other times, it may be due to a lack of moderation or enforcement of staying on topic. Some users may also intentionally hijack threads for attention or to disrupt the conversation.</p><h2>3. Is thread hijacking a common issue on forums?</h2><p>Yes, thread hijacking is a common issue on forums. It can be frustrating for users who are genuinely interested in the original topic and can make it difficult for others to follow the conversation.</p><h2>4. How can thread hijacking be prevented?</h2><p>Moderation is key in preventing thread hijacking. Forum moderators should actively monitor threads and redirect the conversation back to the original topic if it veers off track. Setting clear guidelines for staying on topic can also help prevent thread hijacking.</p><h2>5. What should I do if I notice a thread being hijacked?</h2><p>If you notice a thread being hijacked, you can try politely redirecting the conversation back to the original topic. You can also flag the thread for moderation or report the issue to a forum moderator. It's important to remember to stay respectful and avoid engaging in any arguments or off-topic discussions.</p>

Related to theOfficial Hijacking Threads Hijack Thread

1. What is a thread hijacking?

A thread hijacking occurs when the topic of a conversation in a forum thread shifts from the original subject to something completely unrelated.

2. Why do threads get hijacked?

There are a few reasons why threads may get hijacked. Sometimes, it's simply the natural flow of conversation as one topic leads to another. Other times, it may be due to a lack of moderation or enforcement of staying on topic. Some users may also intentionally hijack threads for attention or to disrupt the conversation.

3. Is thread hijacking a common issue on forums?

Yes, thread hijacking is a common issue on forums. It can be frustrating for users who are genuinely interested in the original topic and can make it difficult for others to follow the conversation.

4. How can thread hijacking be prevented?

Moderation is key in preventing thread hijacking. Forum moderators should actively monitor threads and redirect the conversation back to the original topic if it veers off track. Setting clear guidelines for staying on topic can also help prevent thread hijacking.

5. What should I do if I notice a thread being hijacked?

If you notice a thread being hijacked, you can try politely redirecting the conversation back to the original topic. You can also flag the thread for moderation or report the issue to a forum moderator. It's important to remember to stay respectful and avoid engaging in any arguments or off-topic discussions.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• Admin Greg
  • General Chat
Replies
Views
sharalam
  • Kitchen Diva
  • General Chat
2 3
Replies
Views
PamperedDor