• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

theOfficial Hijacking Threads Hijack Thread

In summary, many people are complaining about the way threads get hijacked and morph into something completely unrelated to the original thread title. Some say it's just the way normal conversation flows and topics change as one topic reminds speakers of another. Others say thread hijacking is an awful thing and it is terribly annoying. Well, this thread is going to stay on topic: thread hijacking! Few things are harder to put up with than the annoyance of a good example.
  • #2,951
chefann said:
Here's the big question: Will my star change color at 8000 posts?
It should flash and have a white-light follower.

• #2,952
But then, what will it do at 20k?

• #2,953
chefann said:
th307004029271.gif

Yes! Much nicer than the ones I found!

• #2,954
Ooh... kinky.

• #2,955
Cincinnati is gonna be fun!

(*^&#%$*&^& time requirement!

• #2,956
Party at Katie's house in January!

I'll bring some wine!
Katie will have pillows for fighting. (that sounds like a girl-band version of Five for Fighting)

• #2,957
katie0128 said:
Cincinnati is gonna be fun!

(*^&#%$*&^& time requirement!
Wah! Maybe I'll be there anyway :D

• #2,958
Laura, now when I look at your Av, it reminds me of the opening credits to the Brady Bunch

• #2,959
The Cheffer Bunch.

• #2,960
Pampered Laura said:
Wah! Maybe I'll be there anyway :D

You are ALWAYS welcome at my house!

• #2,961
chefann said:
Laura, now when I look at your Av, it reminds me of the opening credits to the Brady Bunch
It looks like she's looking at your Simpsonized self.

• #2,962
chefann said:
Here's the big question: Will my star change color at 8000 posts?
[drumroll]It looks like we're about to find out![/drumroll]I bet not.

• #2,963
Hey guys - have a great W/E here - I'm off to Racine for a nephew's wedding.

I'll wave as I pass the MKE area KG! :) ...and enjoy a real kringle later his W/E.

• #2,964
Just had to post that this is post 8000. :D

• #2,965
chefann said:
Just had to post that this is post 8000. :D

Nothing happened! That was a big letdown... guess I should go do some real work-work!

• #2,966
katie0128 said:
Nothing happened! That was a big letdown... guess I should go do some real work-work!
Me, too. Bleah.
Although we did have a status meeting this morning. Does that count as real work-work?

• #2,967
Depends... the status of WHAT?

• #2,968
Um... the status of our work. Duh!

Really. We talk about how many resumes we completed last month (140), how many there are to do in the "pending" file (53), how many there are to do from another grouping (150-something), and issues/concerns we've encountered.

• #2,970
Aw, thanks, KG.

I'd like to thank all the people who made this moment possible, the forum admins, the manufacturers of the computers I use, and most of all, you - my fellow Cheffers.

• #2,971
chefann said:
Um... the status of our work. Duh!

Really. We talk about how many resumes we completed last month (140), how many there are to do in the "pending" file (53), how many there are to do from another grouping (150-something), and issues/concerns we've encountered.

Well, o.k. then... it's work...

We have "status" meetings here that having nothing to do with work, but are done during work time (we usually call them "staff meetings")... status of my landscaping project, someone else's kid's house, another gal's adoption process...

• #2,972
We're all just a little nuts around here lately.

• #2,973
The_Kitchen_Guy said:
We're all just a little nuts around here lately.

Lately????? You mean we weren't nuts before? Wow!

• #2,974
Speaking of nuts, you should see what we got into on the Simpsons thread. :D

• #2,975
LOL!!!!!:D

• #2,976
Sew what? I don't want to needle you, but it seams someone has a case of envy in that thread.

• #2,977
ROTFL!!!! Brilliant!!!!

• #2,978
<Guinness ad>
Brilliant!
</Guinness>

I am in a REALLY silly mood this afternoon.

• #2,979
I enjoy keeping you in stitches.

• #2,980
I always have a ball when I log on here.

• #2,981
Not as much I like sewing!!!! (No pun, just a lie!)

• #2,982
I do actually sew. If you've seen the pics from the Wave 1 meet n greet (Conference area), I made the fruit hat that everyone's wearing. It goes with my Carmen Miranda costume. (which I also sewed)
http://www.michiganlcoc.org/gallery/albums/Halloween2006/Why_Death_is_Nancy.sized.jpg

• #2,983
chefann said:
I always have a ball when I log on here.
You knit wit. We're discussing threads here, not yarns.

• #2,984
Excellent work, Ann! But the question of the day is, have you ever made a pincushion before?

• #2,985
Denarella said:
Excellent work, Ann! But the question of the day is, have you ever made it with a pincushion before?
I fixed your post for you.

• #2,986
The_Kitchen_Guy said:
You knit wit. We're discussing threads here, not yarns.
It was related to the pincushion....

denarella said:
Excellent work, Ann! But the question of the day is, have you ever made a pincushion before?
I don't think I have. Real good, functional pincushions should be filled with sand to sharpen the pins, and I don't want to bother with that. But a silly novelty pincushion is an idea. :D

• #2,987
The_Kitchen_Guy said:

LMAO!!!!! QUIT IT! I'm going to pee myself! LOL!!!!!

• #2,988
The_Kitchen_Guy said:
That's just dirty, KG!

• #2,989
Dena, aren't you glad you found our little wacky corner of the net?

• #2,990
Oh! And all of the sudden you're angelic!?!?!?

• #2,992
Oh PUHLEASE

• #2,993
Oh, puh-leeeeze.

• #2,994
Great minds spell the same thought differently.

• #2,995
The_Kitchen_Guy said:
Great minds spell the same thought differently.

Clink clink! (toasting glasses)

• #2,997
quick! Where's Ann with the horns!?!?

• #2,998
This place sure it fun when the Hall Monitor is gone!

• #3,000
There she is! You will all be on the bus there with me when its our time to go! Ann's driving!

Gulp! Hall Monitor?:eek:

<h2>1. What is a thread hijacking?</h2><p>A thread hijacking occurs when the topic of a conversation in a forum thread shifts from the original subject to something completely unrelated.</p><h2>2. Why do threads get hijacked?</h2><p>There are a few reasons why threads may get hijacked. Sometimes, it's simply the natural flow of conversation as one topic leads to another. Other times, it may be due to a lack of moderation or enforcement of staying on topic. Some users may also intentionally hijack threads for attention or to disrupt the conversation.</p><h2>3. Is thread hijacking a common issue on forums?</h2><p>Yes, thread hijacking is a common issue on forums. It can be frustrating for users who are genuinely interested in the original topic and can make it difficult for others to follow the conversation.</p><h2>4. How can thread hijacking be prevented?</h2><p>Moderation is key in preventing thread hijacking. Forum moderators should actively monitor threads and redirect the conversation back to the original topic if it veers off track. Setting clear guidelines for staying on topic can also help prevent thread hijacking.</p><h2>5. What should I do if I notice a thread being hijacked?</h2><p>If you notice a thread being hijacked, you can try politely redirecting the conversation back to the original topic. You can also flag the thread for moderation or report the issue to a forum moderator. It's important to remember to stay respectful and avoid engaging in any arguments or off-topic discussions.</p>

Related to theOfficial Hijacking Threads Hijack Thread

1. What is a thread hijacking?

A thread hijacking occurs when the topic of a conversation in a forum thread shifts from the original subject to something completely unrelated.

2. Why do threads get hijacked?

There are a few reasons why threads may get hijacked. Sometimes, it's simply the natural flow of conversation as one topic leads to another. Other times, it may be due to a lack of moderation or enforcement of staying on topic. Some users may also intentionally hijack threads for attention or to disrupt the conversation.

3. Is thread hijacking a common issue on forums?

Yes, thread hijacking is a common issue on forums. It can be frustrating for users who are genuinely interested in the original topic and can make it difficult for others to follow the conversation.

4. How can thread hijacking be prevented?

Moderation is key in preventing thread hijacking. Forum moderators should actively monitor threads and redirect the conversation back to the original topic if it veers off track. Setting clear guidelines for staying on topic can also help prevent thread hijacking.

5. What should I do if I notice a thread being hijacked?

If you notice a thread being hijacked, you can try politely redirecting the conversation back to the original topic. You can also flag the thread for moderation or report the issue to a forum moderator. It's important to remember to stay respectful and avoid engaging in any arguments or off-topic discussions.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• Admin Greg
  • General Chat
Replies
Views
sharalam
  • Kitchen Diva
  • General Chat
2 3
Replies
Views
PamperedDor