• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

theOfficial Hijacking Threads Hijack Thread

In summary, many people are complaining about the way threads get hijacked and morph into something completely unrelated to the original thread title. Some say it's just the way normal conversation flows and topics change as one topic reminds speakers of another. Others say thread hijacking is an awful thing and it is terribly annoying. Well, this thread is going to stay on topic: thread hijacking! Few things are harder to put up with than the annoyance of a good example.
  • #1,551
katie0128 said:
So you just perfected the "no demo" show!
I guess I did. :)

Unfortunately, I think my microwave is finally giving up the ghost. It's only 30 years old!

• #1,552
Buy a new one and call it a business expense. After all, you can't practice all of our great micro recipes without one!
I'm SO loving this home based business thing... I'm trying to figure out a way to write off just about everything! If my FIL (my CPA) thinks he is going crazy now with my "can I write this off?" questions, I can't wait to see his reaction at the end of the year when he does my taxes!!!

• #1,553
I am already planning a "down to the studs" kitchen redo next year, so I'll just get the micro early. Hey! That means that I get to take a trip to Ikea! Hooray!
I should figure out how to post the design I did for the kitchen using the Ikea design software. It'll be sooooo nice. There's not a lot of useful storage in my kitchen now - and a lot of really annoying things (like me getting hit in the back with the door when I'm taking things in and out of the oven, and the dishwasher door blocking one cupboard, and only 3 useable drawers in the whole room).

• #1,554
Sounds like my kitchen...
dishwasher is across the room; cabinets are original to the house (1950's?) but where not well maintained before we got it so doors are coming off and drawer bottoms are falling out; REALLY, REALLY, REALLY bad wallpaper job; original tile floor, too, which is set in concrete so it's going to be very hard to get up.
Oh well... hopefully PC will pay for a new kitchen in the next few years! I'd love to see the IKEA software... I'm trying to design my ideal kitchen, but pen/paper isn't working so well...

• #1,555
Katie, you can download it from the Ikea website. It's free. Of course, it's loaded with their cabinets, but since that's what I'm going to be buying, it didn't really matter to me. :) What's nice is that you can view the room from above (like a blueprint), or in 3D - and it puts the hardware you selected on the doors you selected. And when you print, it creates front elevations for each wall so you can see what each run of cabinets will look like.

• #1,556
Ooooooooooo... sounds like one more thing to keep me completely distracted of making CCCs! Ha!

• #1,557
raebates said:
If you get any good pictures, don't forget to share them with us.

Anything incriminating will do.
Bring a camera to conference. ;)

• #1,558
wink wink, nudge nudge

• #1,559
No, I'm not going to wear a thong to the pool and that's final.

• #1,560
Do you and ann need to have some alone time in Chicago?

• #1,561
No- we've had enough alone time in the past week, thank you.weeeelllll.........

• #1,562
That sounds incriminating!

• #1,563
I know. I did that on purpose. :)Although we did have dinner last night and lunch today...

• #1,564
chefann said:
No- we've had enough alone time in the past week, thank you.weeeelllll.........
Not if you count having parrots around. "WHEEEEEEEEEEEE!"Speaking of, I went to the Drowsey Parrot today for coffee. It's a nifty little coffee shop in Saline, Michigan. Not exactly on my way to anywhere today, but sort of a pilgrimage for old times' sake. Their house blend is excellent, if any of you happen to live in the area.Almost forgot the other phrase: "BagelBagelBagelBagelBagelBagel!"

Last edited:
  • #1,565
B'B'BYYYYYYYYYYEEEEEEEE! (wings up!)

• #1,566
katie0128 said:
That sounds incriminating!
Not everything is as it seems, or in Ann's case, not everything is as it seams. She keeps me in stitches but I continue to needle her in this thread.

• #1,567
Beaker's word of the day: Corn.

• #1,568
Sounds like you have a strange bird. You ought to bring him to NC and let him loose during a boring session! Would at least provide great entertainment value!

• #1,569
Corn is one of her favorite foods. Sometimes, when you ask her, "What do you want for dinner, Beaker?" She responds, "Corn." Ask her, "Are you sure?" and she'll sometimes respond, "Coooorrrrnnnnn." With "are you stupid? I already said that" implied.

And sometimes she just says "corncorncorncorncorncorncorn" really fast.

• #1,570
I have a hard enough time trying to get my three kids to shut-up, I can't imagine the noise in my house if I had a bird that talked all the time! Oy!

• #1,571
We've got two, also. Sometimes they go back and forth:
"Hi."
"Hello."
"Hi, Bunsen!"
"You're pretty."

And then they get into Peek-a-Boo back and forth. :)

• #1,572
You should tell them how goofy it gets when your DH starts in the conversation, too_Oh, I just did tell them. Never mind.

• #1,573
I'm getting a headache just thinking about it!

• #1,574
They're a lot of fun!

• #1,575
I'm sure they are, but I'm imagining them in my house with my three kids and two cats (oh, and the ever present DH)... THAT is what is giving me the headache! What a zoo!

• #1,576
Two Scottish Terrierists, three cats, The Kat Lady, The Kitchen Guy and his cars...you wanna see a nuthouse?

• #1,577
It's probably good that we don't have a CS-ville like someone else suggested. Can you imagine the havoc it would cause with all of our crazy households?!

• #1,578
Hijack!Anyone ever have a host use a potty in the room during your show?'Cuz I did tonight!
Gross!

• #1,579
The 12 qt or the 8 qt?

• #1,580
chefann said:
Hijack!

Anyone ever have a host use a potty in the room during your show?

'Cuz I did tonight!
Gross!

I'm confused... you mean there was a toilet in the middle of the room you did your demo in and the host just dropped their drawers and went!?! If so... ewwww! I like getting to know my hosts, but there is a line and that would cross it!

• #1,581
p.s. made any more jewelry lately?

• #1,582
HIJACK...

How many post do I need anyway to get my stripper star? I'd like to "promote" before conference... I won't be walking on the stage, but I could "walk" across the room at whatever that place is we are meeting!
There's an idea... have our own CS recognition night... those that have promoted to a new star get to walk across the bar in Ann's hat!

• #1,583
chefann said:
Hijack!

Anyone ever have a host use a potty in the room during your show?

'Cuz I did tonight!
Gross!

Please do explain Ann!

• #1,584
katie0128 said:
HIJACK...

How many post do I need anyway to get my stripper star? I'd like to "promote" before conference... I won't be walking on the stage, but I could "walk" across the room at whatever that place is we are meeting!
There's an idea... have our own CS recognition night... those that have promoted to a new star get to walk across the bar in Ann's hat!

800 posts, keeping going:D

• #1,585
The stars, for reasons I will never understand, are a moving target. Don't count on 800 posts, it might move before you get there.

• #1,586
Okay, Ann, we're all waiting with bated breath to hear the explanation.

• #1,587
I posted the potty story in the Thread Killers thread.Of all shows to get 2 bookings from, also!

• #1,588
raebates said:
Okay, Ann, we're all waiting with bated breath to hear the explanation.
Maybe you're waiting with baited breath, but I'm not eating any worms.

• #1,589
GourmetGirl said:
p.s. made any more jewelry lately?
I have some stuff I need to relist on eBay because it didn't sell the first time. I've been busy with some other things.

Do you like your earrings?

• #1,590
It's okay, I'm leaving town tomorrow. Yes, I do, but not on me.

• #1,591
The_Kitchen_Guy said:
Maybe you're waiting with baited breath, but I'm not eating any worms.

No way, worm breath. I was waiting with my "breath held in by fear or excitement." As I said, bated breath.

• #1,592
raebates said:
No way, worm breath. I was waiting with my "breath held in by fear or excitement." As I said, bated breath.

Is that something you get after eating fried worms (my DS and I just got done reading the book... YUCK!)

• #1,593
There are at least three one-liners that fit in right here and I can't use any of them on this forum.So I'll stay with the worms and you can go fishing for the other ones.

• #1,594
katie0128 said:
Is that something you get after eating fried worms (my DS and I just got done reading the book... YUCK!)
I loved that book when I was a kid! Judy Blume was my favorite too!!

• #1,595
The_Kitchen_Guy said:
There are at least three one-liners that fit in right here and I can't use any of them on this forum.

So I'll stay with the worms and you can go fishing for the other ones.

Nice job with the restraint!

• #1,596
Thanks - I chew through it every moring. If they ever start making the restraint out of something besides leather, I may be stuck in that place.

• #1,597
KG - Use scissors... probably easier on the teeth.

• #1,598
katie0128 said:
KG - Use scissors... probably easier on the teeth.
HA!

KG knows why I'm laughing at that one.... :D

Have a good trip back home, KG!

• #1,599
KG - where is "home"? You seem to wander with the job so much, just curious...

• #1,600
KG's from Cheddarland, aka Wisconsin.

<h2>1. What is a thread hijacking?</h2><p>A thread hijacking occurs when the topic of a conversation in a forum thread shifts from the original subject to something completely unrelated.</p><h2>2. Why do threads get hijacked?</h2><p>There are a few reasons why threads may get hijacked. Sometimes, it's simply the natural flow of conversation as one topic leads to another. Other times, it may be due to a lack of moderation or enforcement of staying on topic. Some users may also intentionally hijack threads for attention or to disrupt the conversation.</p><h2>3. Is thread hijacking a common issue on forums?</h2><p>Yes, thread hijacking is a common issue on forums. It can be frustrating for users who are genuinely interested in the original topic and can make it difficult for others to follow the conversation.</p><h2>4. How can thread hijacking be prevented?</h2><p>Moderation is key in preventing thread hijacking. Forum moderators should actively monitor threads and redirect the conversation back to the original topic if it veers off track. Setting clear guidelines for staying on topic can also help prevent thread hijacking.</p><h2>5. What should I do if I notice a thread being hijacked?</h2><p>If you notice a thread being hijacked, you can try politely redirecting the conversation back to the original topic. You can also flag the thread for moderation or report the issue to a forum moderator. It's important to remember to stay respectful and avoid engaging in any arguments or off-topic discussions.</p>

Related to theOfficial Hijacking Threads Hijack Thread

1. What is a thread hijacking?

A thread hijacking occurs when the topic of a conversation in a forum thread shifts from the original subject to something completely unrelated.

2. Why do threads get hijacked?

There are a few reasons why threads may get hijacked. Sometimes, it's simply the natural flow of conversation as one topic leads to another. Other times, it may be due to a lack of moderation or enforcement of staying on topic. Some users may also intentionally hijack threads for attention or to disrupt the conversation.

3. Is thread hijacking a common issue on forums?

Yes, thread hijacking is a common issue on forums. It can be frustrating for users who are genuinely interested in the original topic and can make it difficult for others to follow the conversation.

4. How can thread hijacking be prevented?

Moderation is key in preventing thread hijacking. Forum moderators should actively monitor threads and redirect the conversation back to the original topic if it veers off track. Setting clear guidelines for staying on topic can also help prevent thread hijacking.

5. What should I do if I notice a thread being hijacked?

If you notice a thread being hijacked, you can try politely redirecting the conversation back to the original topic. You can also flag the thread for moderation or report the issue to a forum moderator. It's important to remember to stay respectful and avoid engaging in any arguments or off-topic discussions.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• Admin Greg
  • General Chat
Replies
Views
sharalam
  • Kitchen Diva
  • General Chat
2 3
Replies
Views
PamperedDor