• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

theOfficial Hijacking Threads Hijack Thread

In summary, many people are complaining about the way threads get hijacked and morph into something completely unrelated to the original thread title. Some say it's just the way normal conversation flows and topics change as one topic reminds speakers of another. Others say thread hijacking is an awful thing and it is terribly annoying. Well, this thread is going to stay on topic: thread hijacking! Few things are harder to put up with than the annoyance of a good example.
KG you kill me! :D :D :D

So when is Leaf going to be in Chicago in July??

Dec 22, 2006 appears to be the the only date the Leafs were in Chicago.

ChefAggi said:
Oh dear gawd!! I am gone away from this site one month too long!!! It will take me WEEKS to catch up with everything!!

LOL well as for the quote above... (I am only on page 2 of 14 of this thread...) so here in Newfoundland we have our own creative language. So creative in fact that we have our own dictionary and she's a good 3 inches thick!!! I was walking to work one morning the week and as I passed by one of the many interesting gift shops downtown on Water Street, I saw the funniest thong in the window. On the front of it (well the only full piece of fabric) it said and I will quote it in Newfouneze "De Arse Is Gone Right Outta Her"!!! he ehee!! I just about cracked right there on the street!

Anyway, thought I would share that with you all!! I want to get in on this thread hijacking thing too :)

ooh btw.. just found out last week I am going to Dominican Republic this time next week..woooooooooooooooooooo hooooooooooooooooooooo can't WAIT can't WAIT!!!!!!!!!!!! all expense paid, all inclusive Bahia Principe in Puerto Plata!!! yippppeeeeeeeeeeeeeee!!

Okay. well its after 11pm here.. I'm off to la la land!

Cheers
The Dominican! That's where I got my first divorce! Lots of RICH men travelers!

Any of them play baseball?

You like baseball players?

Jimmy, do you like gladiator movies?

Ahhh, the early days of Arnold's career!

Remember the American Gladiator show? That was a great late-night, can't sleep show!

I just tried to watch Conan The Barbarian......it was sooo bad, I couldn't make it thru.....first time I saw it was at a Drive-In....why was it so much better back then?

ChefBeckyD said:
I just tried to watch Conan The Barbarian......it was sooo bad, I couldn't make it thru.....first time I saw it was at a Drive-In....why was it so much better back then?

Because you probably weren't watching the movie then either! :rolleyes:

janetupnorth said:
Because you probably weren't watching the movie then either! :rolleyes:
Ahhhh.....you may have a point!:eek:

Ok, I actually miss Drive-Ins...they would have "one price" car nights at the one in Kenosha...we'd put people in the trunk and go there... Also, having a '77 Dodge Maxi-Van was a hit - we could fit SOOOO many people in that, then we'd get there and take up a few parking spots, pull blankets out and lay on the roof and the seats out and sit next to the van... (For the nights when you went as a group and not on a "date")

KG...do you remember the one in Kenosha? Or the one in S. Milwaukee? I think it was on 76th street...or 100th...somewhere around there?

We still have one at a nearby town. In the summers, a volunteer fire dept up in the boonies puts a movie on the back of the station wall every Fri night. They sell hot dogs and hamburgers and make a ton of money from all of us in town. Even though you're on a blanket or lawn chair instead of in a car, it still has the "drive-in" feel. Fun!

I have totally skipped over this thread and can't believe what I was missing. I have been laughing so hard it hurts.

I didn't believe we have thongs now. I might have to buy some for conference! LOL :D

It's a good thing I haven't read this at work, I might get in trouble for taking CS breaks 10-15 times a day!!

Paige Dixon said:
Ahhh, the early days of Arnold's career!

Remember the American Gladiator show? That was a great late-night, can't sleep show!
Pssssst...that was Peter Graves' line in Airplane.
Joey, do you like movies about gladiators?

Joey . . . have you ever been in a, a Turkish prison?

Wow, nice beaver!

Ok, I'm thinking of NOT going to conference now...I really don't want to see a bunch of women in CS thongs! :)

ROFLOL!....Ugh - clear that image!

How about all the low-waisted pants with rhinestone chef's hat logos at the top of the butt-crack?

Paige Dixon said:
How about all the low-waisted pants with rhinestone chef's hat logos at the top of the butt-crack?

That gives new meaning to Killer Whale...

(Whale-tails that is...)

janetupnorth said:
Ok, I actually miss Drive-Ins...they would have "one price" car nights at the one in Kenosha...we'd put people in the trunk and go there... Also, having a '77 Dodge Maxi-Van was a hit - we could fit SOOOO many people in that, then we'd get there and take up a few parking spots, pull blankets out and lay on the roof and the seats out and sit next to the van... (For the nights when you went as a group and not on a "date")

KG...do you remember the one in Kenosha? Or the one in S. Milwaukee? I think it was on 76th street...or 100th...somewhere around there?
No, I was a north side kid. One of the very best dates of my life was at the Victory on Lisbon Road at Pilgrim (they're building a huge church there now) and we often went to the Starlight on Highway 145 at Bradley Road. The Starlight is just gone.

The biggest was on the south side, the 41 Twin on Highway 41 (27th Street, now Hwy 241) was made into a quad before it closed. It is now a campus of Northwestern Mutual Life.

The 59 Drive-in was on National Avenue in New Berlin. The screen came down in a tornado about 20 years ago ad the next day, the marquee read, "GONE WITH THE WIND." It is now a condo development. Hales Corners had the 24 Drive-in on Janesville Road. It was there last time I went that way but that was a long time ago.

Paige Dixon said:
Wow, nice beaver!
Different ZAZ movie but still a great line.

Looks like I picked the wrong week to stop sniffing glue.

The_Kitchen_Guy said:
The biggest was on the south side, the 41 Twin on Highway 41 (27th Street, now Hwy 241) was made into a quad before it closed. It is now a campus of Northwestern Mutual Life.

That's the one I was trying to think of!!!! I knew it was one of the main roads, but I was thinking too far west....

I didn't realize NML is there now...will have to maybe take a drive when I pass through in July...

Well, that was...BURP!...fun.Nothing like a server overload to slow things down.

Are you posting the same response on different threads??!!!

Isn't that cheating?

The only two current threads that I'm posting in.So now I know there are two of us reading both of 'em.

I can't keep up with this thread...LOL

Neither can the rest of us but we never let a little thing like that stop us.

I see your Schwartz is a big as mine.

(That's from a popular Mel Brooks movie at my house, since it includes the pronunciation of our last name, and spoofs DH's favorite movies ever.)

chefann said:

(That's from a popular Mel Brooks movie at my house, since it includes the pronunciation of our last name, and spoofs DH's favorite movies ever.)

It's Mega Maid - she's gone from suck to blow!

chefann said:

May the Schwartz be with you.

(There's some great Schwartz lines from Blazing Saddles but entirely in poor taste when used out of context.)

jasonmva said:
It's Mega Maid - she's gone from suck to blow!
That's another favorite.

It's not Puke, it's Barf. Short for Barfolomew.

I'll have the cleavage...er, special.

I always have coffee before radar! (We used that one as a caption of for a pic of DH in his Darth Vader costume at a party. We're trying to figure how we can inexpensively modify the costume to be Dark Helmet this year.)

I'm surrounded by Assoles!

What in the wide, wide world of sports is a goin' on here?How 'bout some more beans thar, Mr. Taggart?

Would you like to have a roll in the hay? Roll, roll, roll in the hay!

This thread has gone Hollywood on us.

I guess it has.

DH and I can have whole conversations that are nothing but quotes from The Simpson's. And, of course, one of our parrots will have a conversation about that:
Beaker: D'oh!
Dan: Who says D'oh?
Beaker: Homer
Dan: What else does Homer say?
Beaker: woo-hoo!

Now this thread is getting to be a parroty of itself.

Skrawk!

Beaker's favorite sound to make this week is "meow." So we've been calling her Catbird.
She also belches.

One parrot down...http://www.stuffonmycat.com/media/2/20070304-LILLY.jpg

The_Kitchen_Guy said:
One parrot down...

http://www.stuffonmycat.com/media/2/20070304-LILLY.jpg

I knew what happened when the chicken crossed the road but I didn't know it was riding on a cat!

The chicken crossed the road to prove to the possum and raccoon that it could be done.

Gives a whole new meaning to Ann's catbird

I'd like to know where to find one of those stuffed birds. That would be a good prop for a trade show for the 30 Minute Chicken Show or even for the roasting pan.

One of my college roommates made one for a play. She used pantyhose, so it was golden brown. It was hilarious.

Find a seamstress/dollmaker at a craft show and ask if she could make one.

BTW- sometimes floral wholesalers have fake food that looks really good on SA for fairs and show displays. My SD frequently has some as the raffle prize at our montly meetings.

chefann said:
One of my college roommates made one for a play. She used pantyhose, so it was golden brown. It was hilarious.

Find a seamstress/dollmaker at a craft show and ask if she could make one.
Wanna make a duck?

Duck Dodgers and the 24th and 1/2 Century!

Let's not get fowl.

This thread has gotten all loosey-goosey.

Oh you guys are good. I can't even try to keep up. We're not worthy! We're not worthy!

Are we gonna git down?

PamperedChefDebi said:
Oh you guys are good. I can't even try to keep up. We're not worthy! We're not worthy!
Ahhhhhh, just jump in. Any thread hijacking is accepted here.

<h2>1. What is a thread hijacking?</h2><p>A thread hijacking occurs when the topic of a conversation in a forum thread shifts from the original subject to something completely unrelated.</p><h2>2. Why do threads get hijacked?</h2><p>There are a few reasons why threads may get hijacked. Sometimes, it's simply the natural flow of conversation as one topic leads to another. Other times, it may be due to a lack of moderation or enforcement of staying on topic. Some users may also intentionally hijack threads for attention or to disrupt the conversation.</p><h2>3. Is thread hijacking a common issue on forums?</h2><p>Yes, thread hijacking is a common issue on forums. It can be frustrating for users who are genuinely interested in the original topic and can make it difficult for others to follow the conversation.</p><h2>4. How can thread hijacking be prevented?</h2><p>Moderation is key in preventing thread hijacking. Forum moderators should actively monitor threads and redirect the conversation back to the original topic if it veers off track. Setting clear guidelines for staying on topic can also help prevent thread hijacking.</p><h2>5. What should I do if I notice a thread being hijacked?</h2><p>If you notice a thread being hijacked, you can try politely redirecting the conversation back to the original topic. You can also flag the thread for moderation or report the issue to a forum moderator. It's important to remember to stay respectful and avoid engaging in any arguments or off-topic discussions.</p>

Related to theOfficial Hijacking Threads Hijack Thread

1. What is a thread hijacking?

A thread hijacking occurs when the topic of a conversation in a forum thread shifts from the original subject to something completely unrelated.

2. Why do threads get hijacked?

There are a few reasons why threads may get hijacked. Sometimes, it's simply the natural flow of conversation as one topic leads to another. Other times, it may be due to a lack of moderation or enforcement of staying on topic. Some users may also intentionally hijack threads for attention or to disrupt the conversation.

3. Is thread hijacking a common issue on forums?

Yes, thread hijacking is a common issue on forums. It can be frustrating for users who are genuinely interested in the original topic and can make it difficult for others to follow the conversation.

4. How can thread hijacking be prevented?

Moderation is key in preventing thread hijacking. Forum moderators should actively monitor threads and redirect the conversation back to the original topic if it veers off track. Setting clear guidelines for staying on topic can also help prevent thread hijacking.

5. What should I do if I notice a thread being hijacked?

If you notice a thread being hijacked, you can try politely redirecting the conversation back to the original topic. You can also flag the thread for moderation or report the issue to a forum moderator. It's important to remember to stay respectful and avoid engaging in any arguments or off-topic discussions.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• Admin Greg
  • General Chat
Replies
Views
sharalam
  • Kitchen Diva
  • General Chat
2 3
Replies
Views
PamperedDor