• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

theOfficial Hijacking Threads Hijack Thread

In summary, many people are complaining about the way threads get hijacked and morph into something completely unrelated to the original thread title. Some say it's just the way normal conversation flows and topics change as one topic reminds speakers of another. Others say thread hijacking is an awful thing and it is terribly annoying. Well, this thread is going to stay on topic: thread hijacking! Few things are harder to put up with than the annoyance of a good example.
ChefBeckyD said:
Jennifer - it took you THIS LONG to find the hijack thread?:eek: How could that be?
Maybe she was looking for a thread to hijack...:p

Hmmm.... I don't think I EVER noticed a thread veer from the topic.:p :eek: :p

I brushed my teeth today.

Robin

priscilla said:

Robin

But did you floss?

Dental Hygiene may be the one topic we haven't covered here on CS....yet!

ChefBeckyD said:
But did you floss?

I try to remember to do that every day. Beats the deep cleaning and lecture from the hygenist.

I gargled, too.

Robin

ChefBeckyD said:
But did you floss?

Dental Hygiene may be the one topic we haven't covered here on CS....yet!
It's a subject with no bite to it. In fact, most claims are toothless.

ChefBeckyD said:
Jennifer - it took you THIS LONG to find the hijack thread?:eek: How could that be?
Hey now I work full-time (ughh) and have 4 boys, hardly have time to get on here any more, the only reason I even got on here tonight was to give Carolyn more grief about her 'list', lol.

jdavis said:
Hey now I work full-time (ughh) and have 4 boys, hardly have time to get on here any more, the only reason I even got on here tonight was to give Carolyn more grief about her 'list', lol.

Okay....now that you're here - we'll cut you some slack!:)

Is she listing to port or starboard?

The_Kitchen_Guy said:

I think she's listing from Port ;)

Robin

The_Kitchen_Guy said:

And on that note....I'm off for the evening....

Say good-night Gracie!

The_Kitchen_Guy said:
Hey, now that's my kind of talk, how did you know that was my line of work, lololol.

ChefBeckyD said:
And on that note....I'm off for the evening....

Say good-night Gracie!
Goodnight Gracie!

I really need to do that myself.

A male friend of mine used to bring a bottle of Port to parties. He would proceed to have every female have a small drink of the Port. Then he could say he had a Port in every girl.

Ba-Dum-Bum CRASH

Robin

Was it raining? It's okay to use any old port in a storm.

Now that's enough rowdiness for me tonight. I will have to dock again some other time.

I sea. Danged razzlefrazzit minimum character rule.

The_Kitchen_Guy said:
I sea.

Danged razzlefrazzit minimum character rule.

...said the blind man. You're a liar said the cripple...

What's wrong with OMG???!?! DO we use it too much on here? KG...your opinion on "OMG"?!?!? It seems to bother you...?

OmgPsyche!!!:D

I think I am psychic

sorry for the previous mispell

Last edited:
I knew you were going to say that.

PamperedChefDebi said:
I never took Physics.

That reminds me....it's about time to schedule a Physical.....

priscilla said:

Robin

So, nobody caught that she brushed her teeth and her last name is Krest?!?!:D

ChefBeckyD said:
That reminds me....it's about time to schedule a Physical.....

Let's get physical, physical...
I wanna get physical...
Let's get into physical..

chefjenibel said:

You know, I didn't.....but I've always been a Colgate girl myself.....

chefjenibel said:
Krest? You Peaked.

Paige Dixon said:
BTW, do you think it's sleazy to sleep with someone on the first "date" if you've already been married?

(PS, the 3 kidlets came from the second (and last) husband ****shame, shame, shame****)

Nothing sleazy about it. Just testing the waters again!

Ok, that's a man's opinion. I wonder if a woman's opinion is any different?

The grass is always greener on the side of the fence you were on before.

Our grass needs mowing. That time of year again.

I don't take the snowblower off the tractor until May 1 and even that is risky.

Everyone who moves to Grand Junction sells their snowblower. I don't even own a snow shovel!

No snow , but the pollen is horrible here in South Georgia. My black car is covered in it.

When the cottonwood trees start to blow in the fall, it looks like it's snowing. My pool gets filled with cotton.

I'd never cotton to that.Besides, I never really liked to play pool. I found it too wracking and I always get nervous on cue.

Try playing pool in a Speedo!

Paige Dixon said:
Try playing pool in a Speedo!
[tastefully skipping all-too-obvious jokes about cues, balls, racks and Speedos.] I think not.

We sold our snowblower when we moved to North Carolina but we just can't part with the shovel. I guess we don't have the patience of the natives of the area to wait that one day for snow to melt the one or two times it snows in a year.

This is the first Winter, since I bought my big 'ol John Deere tractor and snowblower that it has really had a workout. In eight years, I never snapped a shear pin. This year, I broke two shear pins in two consecutive heavy snows.

The_Kitchen_Guy said:
The grass is always greener on the side of the fence you were on before.

That brings up my quote to someone yesterday at work...
"People always want to believe the grass is greener on the other side when it is just easier to care for and fertilize what is in your own front lawn."

The_Kitchen_Guy said:
This is the first Winter, since I bought my big 'ol John Deere tractor and snowblower that it has really had a workout. In eight years, I never snapped a shear pin. This year, I broke two shear pins in two consecutive heavy snows.

That would be my "shear" luck too...

BethCooks4U said:
We sold our snowblower when we moved to North Carolina but we just can't part with the shovel. I guess we don't have the patience of the natives of the area to wait that one day for snow to melt the one or two times it snows in a year.
Maybe it could be the dog pooper-scooper.

The_Kitchen_Guy said:
You're such a cut-up.

I cut all the hair off my Samoyed once...now I bet you're going to ask what fur?

Gives new meaning to shoveling the shi...well, you get the idea.

<h2>1. What is a thread hijacking?</h2><p>A thread hijacking occurs when the topic of a conversation in a forum thread shifts from the original subject to something completely unrelated.</p><h2>2. Why do threads get hijacked?</h2><p>There are a few reasons why threads may get hijacked. Sometimes, it's simply the natural flow of conversation as one topic leads to another. Other times, it may be due to a lack of moderation or enforcement of staying on topic. Some users may also intentionally hijack threads for attention or to disrupt the conversation.</p><h2>3. Is thread hijacking a common issue on forums?</h2><p>Yes, thread hijacking is a common issue on forums. It can be frustrating for users who are genuinely interested in the original topic and can make it difficult for others to follow the conversation.</p><h2>4. How can thread hijacking be prevented?</h2><p>Moderation is key in preventing thread hijacking. Forum moderators should actively monitor threads and redirect the conversation back to the original topic if it veers off track. Setting clear guidelines for staying on topic can also help prevent thread hijacking.</p><h2>5. What should I do if I notice a thread being hijacked?</h2><p>If you notice a thread being hijacked, you can try politely redirecting the conversation back to the original topic. You can also flag the thread for moderation or report the issue to a forum moderator. It's important to remember to stay respectful and avoid engaging in any arguments or off-topic discussions.</p>

Related to theOfficial Hijacking Threads Hijack Thread

1. What is a thread hijacking?

A thread hijacking occurs when the topic of a conversation in a forum thread shifts from the original subject to something completely unrelated.

2. Why do threads get hijacked?

There are a few reasons why threads may get hijacked. Sometimes, it's simply the natural flow of conversation as one topic leads to another. Other times, it may be due to a lack of moderation or enforcement of staying on topic. Some users may also intentionally hijack threads for attention or to disrupt the conversation.

3. Is thread hijacking a common issue on forums?

Yes, thread hijacking is a common issue on forums. It can be frustrating for users who are genuinely interested in the original topic and can make it difficult for others to follow the conversation.

4. How can thread hijacking be prevented?

Moderation is key in preventing thread hijacking. Forum moderators should actively monitor threads and redirect the conversation back to the original topic if it veers off track. Setting clear guidelines for staying on topic can also help prevent thread hijacking.

5. What should I do if I notice a thread being hijacked?

If you notice a thread being hijacked, you can try politely redirecting the conversation back to the original topic. You can also flag the thread for moderation or report the issue to a forum moderator. It's important to remember to stay respectful and avoid engaging in any arguments or off-topic discussions.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• Admin Greg
  • General Chat
Replies
Views
sharalam
  • Kitchen Diva
  • General Chat
2 3
Replies
Views
PamperedDor