• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

theOfficial Hijacking Threads Hijack Thread

In summary, many people are complaining about the way threads get hijacked and morph into something completely unrelated to the original thread title. Some say it's just the way normal conversation flows and topics change as one topic reminds speakers of another. Others say thread hijacking is an awful thing and it is terribly annoying. Well, this thread is going to stay on topic: thread hijacking! Few things are harder to put up with than the annoyance of a good example.
Paige Dixon said:
I had to travel to Denver this week and ran into my first husband who I haven't seen in about 10 years! Well,,, I've been happily abstaining from sex or relationships for at least 2 years, but I couldn't help myself... I feel like I've lost my virginity!!! But the kisses were the BEST part! Anyhow, now I can't seem to quit thinking about the guy and I can't seem to get any work done. Life was easier when I was abstaining!
I wouldn't want to run into my ex.

I'd rather just run her over.

Paige Dixon said:
I had to travel to Denver this week and ran into my first husband who I haven't seen in about 10 years! Well,,, I've been happily abstaining from sex or relationships for at least 2 years, but I couldn't help myself... I feel like I've lost my virginity!!! But the kisses were the BEST part! Anyhow, now I can't seem to quit thinking about the guy and I can't seem to get any work done. Life was easier when I was abstaining!

So, you hooked up with your 1st hubby while in Denver????
So, what's he been doing and why did you two end it to begin with? Obviously there is something there still? ;) :confused:

Ok, you don't HAVE to answer...and can yell at me for being nosy...but what a story!

Paige Dixon said:

:eek: O my! TMI! lol

janetupnorth said:
So, you hooked up with your 1st hubby while in Denver????
So, what's he been doing and why did you two end it to begin with? Obviously there is something there still? ;) :confused:

Ok, you don't HAVE to answer...and can yell at me for being nosy...but what a story!

Well, he never would work (that doesn't seem to have changed), I wanted a baby and he didn't...

He's always thought we don't have any sexual chemisty, maybe that's true, but the kisses sure have chemistry! Remember what if felt like as a teenager?? Anyways, I now have three little kids to worry about, so no relationships for me for many, many years. Wonder if he'll still be single in 15-20 years?

Well, if you have two kidlets, he must have been able to do something right..unless...oh, I don't think I want to know.

The_Kitchen_Guy said:
Recently, there have been a number of complaints about the way threads on this forum get hijacked and morph into something completely unrelated to the original thread title.

Some say it's just the way normal conversation flows and topics change as one topic reminds speakers of another. Others say thread hijacking is an awful thing and it is terribly annoying.

Well, this thread is going to stay on topic: thread hijacking!

For the record.....I wasn't complaining!!!! I thought it was hilarious how things get so off topic! I could only imagine what "real" conversations would be like with everyone on here!! LOL

:p :p :p :p :p :p :p :p :p :

Guilty conscience?Ya think anyone in this thread cares about who hijacks what thread where and when? HEHEHEHHAHAHAHOHOHOHeheheHaHaHaHoHoHohehehehahahahahohoho

The_Kitchen_Guy said:
Guilty conscience?

Ya think anyone in this thread cares about who hijacks what thread where and when?

HEHEHEHHAHAHAHOHOHOHeheheHaHaHaHoHoHohehehehahahahahohoho

HAHAHAHA, No doubt. I don't think it was about one imparticular. I think it was a funny thread about a bunch of people commenting. No biggie. Just funny!!! :D :D :D :D

Cute new picture Jill :D

BTW, do you think it's sleazy to sleep with someone on the first "date" if you've already been married?

(PS, the 3 kidlets came from the second (and last) husband ****shame, shame, shame****)

That sounds like a good poll question.

luvs2sellit said:
Cute new picture Jill :D

Thank you. I like to change it up. I am sure you guys don't like looking at my smae ole pic. Gotta show you a new smile here and there...LOL

Hmmm...I can't remember if I've ever hijacked a thread before...but I think if someone else did, I might have responded to his/her question!

Funny little story about my 4-yr old son. Today Ethan had his friend Alondra (a girl) over for a playdate. They were playing in a fire truck toddler bed and Ethan asks Alondra, "You want to be the man or the dog?" Alondra responds, "You be the dog, I'll be the man!" Ethan screams, "NO, I wanna be the man and YOU can be the dog!"

I've been reading bits and pieces of this thread to my husband. He is totally amazed at the "culture" of Pampered Chef he says!! LOL! He says there should be a group for neglected husbands (spouses) of Pampered Chef. LOL!!!!!!!!!!!!

Tell him that culture is for yogurt.

PamperedChefDebi said:
I've been reading bits and pieces of this thread to my husband. He is totally amazed at the "culture" of Pampered Chef he says!! LOL! He says there should be a group for neglected husbands (spouses) of Pampered Chef. LOL!!!!!!!!!!!!

Who says they're neglected????? ;) :rolleyes: :eek:

I only have a caring, supportive husband for my PC business because he's NOT neglected! LOL!

OK, he said how about a group for neglected husbands in denial....

Tell him you're more than happy to have him help with your PC business...wash your dishes, carry your stuff to your car, make phone calls...

...is he wanting to jump across the ocean and kill me yet????

LOL! He said he's going to go ahead and add "abused" to that.

Oh my, now he's asking they'll let him speak on the Cruise when I earn it. He's nuts!

Denial is a river in Africa. I'm not going there.

My son has a girl named Africa in his class at school.

My sister has a friend named Debi.

PamperedChefDebi said:
My son has a girl named Africa in his class at school.
Are her parents in denial? :confused:

I only have friends named Debi here.

I meant that I don't have any friends named Debi in real life, only here.I have lots of friends here, unlike real life.Say, KG, you gonna order a Chef Success thong for conference? Check out my Cafe Press site!

Cool shirts Anne. I have to get a shirt and a button before confrence!

chefann said:
I meant that I don't have any friends named Debi in real life, only here.

I have lots of friends here, unlike real life.

Say, KG, you gonna order a Chef Success thong for conference? Check out my Cafe Press site!
I can't carry a tune in a buthel bathket tho I won't be thinging any thongth at conferenth.

I have no friends IRL named KG, does that count for anything?

Ann, it's all good. I am often the square peg in a round hole in real life. People either love me or don't give a rat's you know what about moi (and can't understand the fuss over me lol!).

And congrats to KG for starting this thread!!! Love it.

KG - doesn't that stand for kilograms?

KG do you have a real name? Inquiring minds want to know.:confused:

chefkristin said:

Yes he does! :)

But I'll be nice and not share... :rolleyes: For now... ;)

This is too funny!

chefkristin said:
No.

I'm a figment of my imagination.

Cogito Ergo Sum.

My best friends name is Debbie. We have been friends since I was 13.

The_Kitchen_Guy said:
No.

I'm a figment of my imagination.

Cogito Ergo Sum.

Wow - then I just learned my imagination is very vivid!
I didn't know I could imagine some of the quips you come up with - LOL!

Sum, ergo edo.

Cogito Ergo Zoom!I think, therefore I drive fast!

The_Kitchen_Guy said:
Cogito Ergo Zoom!

I think, therefore I drive fast!

Please explain for us not so smart.:confused:

...just a silly saying in Latin...

janetupnorth said:
...just a silly saying in Latin...

Which is??????

Cogito ergo sum = Descarte: I think, therefore, I am.Cogito ergo zoom = Automobile Magazine: I think, therefore, I drive fast.

The_Kitchen_Guy said:
Cogito Ergo Zoom!

I think, therefore I drive fast!

I love to drive fast!

in my mini-van!!

My husband drives fast.

Just think how fast you'd go if it was a real van like mine?

The_Kitchen_Guy said:
Recently, there have been a number of complaints about the way threads on this forum get hijacked and morph into something completely unrelated to the original thread title.

Some say it's just the way normal conversation flows and topics change as one topic reminds speakers of another. Others say thread hijacking is an awful thing and it is terribly annoying.

Well, this thread is going to stay on topic: thread hijacking!

Now who on earth would do that???

And **GASP** Nobody would ever think about doing that!

jdavis said:
Now who on earth would do that???

And **GASP** Nobody would ever think about doing that!

Jennifer - it took you THIS LONG to find the hijack thread?:eek: How could that be?

<h2>1. What is a thread hijacking?</h2><p>A thread hijacking occurs when the topic of a conversation in a forum thread shifts from the original subject to something completely unrelated.</p><h2>2. Why do threads get hijacked?</h2><p>There are a few reasons why threads may get hijacked. Sometimes, it's simply the natural flow of conversation as one topic leads to another. Other times, it may be due to a lack of moderation or enforcement of staying on topic. Some users may also intentionally hijack threads for attention or to disrupt the conversation.</p><h2>3. Is thread hijacking a common issue on forums?</h2><p>Yes, thread hijacking is a common issue on forums. It can be frustrating for users who are genuinely interested in the original topic and can make it difficult for others to follow the conversation.</p><h2>4. How can thread hijacking be prevented?</h2><p>Moderation is key in preventing thread hijacking. Forum moderators should actively monitor threads and redirect the conversation back to the original topic if it veers off track. Setting clear guidelines for staying on topic can also help prevent thread hijacking.</p><h2>5. What should I do if I notice a thread being hijacked?</h2><p>If you notice a thread being hijacked, you can try politely redirecting the conversation back to the original topic. You can also flag the thread for moderation or report the issue to a forum moderator. It's important to remember to stay respectful and avoid engaging in any arguments or off-topic discussions.</p>

Related to theOfficial Hijacking Threads Hijack Thread

1. What is a thread hijacking?

A thread hijacking occurs when the topic of a conversation in a forum thread shifts from the original subject to something completely unrelated.

2. Why do threads get hijacked?

There are a few reasons why threads may get hijacked. Sometimes, it's simply the natural flow of conversation as one topic leads to another. Other times, it may be due to a lack of moderation or enforcement of staying on topic. Some users may also intentionally hijack threads for attention or to disrupt the conversation.

3. Is thread hijacking a common issue on forums?

Yes, thread hijacking is a common issue on forums. It can be frustrating for users who are genuinely interested in the original topic and can make it difficult for others to follow the conversation.

4. How can thread hijacking be prevented?

Moderation is key in preventing thread hijacking. Forum moderators should actively monitor threads and redirect the conversation back to the original topic if it veers off track. Setting clear guidelines for staying on topic can also help prevent thread hijacking.

5. What should I do if I notice a thread being hijacked?

If you notice a thread being hijacked, you can try politely redirecting the conversation back to the original topic. You can also flag the thread for moderation or report the issue to a forum moderator. It's important to remember to stay respectful and avoid engaging in any arguments or off-topic discussions.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• Admin Greg
  • General Chat
Replies
Views
sharalam
  • Kitchen Diva
  • General Chat
2 3
Replies
Views
PamperedDor