• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Your Won't Even Believe This....

In summary, the words "in" and "you" are not in it! As some of you may know, I had recently decided to re-start my business after a big decision to step back. I canceled my website about two weeks ago when it came due. So today I finally thought to call HO and see about renewing my website. Turns out that since I got my site in 2004, I came in before the new regulations. So my website name-erinyourpclady is no longer acceptable. Why you ask......because the words in and you are in it! I get it really I do! BUT COME ON...........if I can't beg and plead then I will have to change EVERYTHING
erinyourpclady
Gold Member
As some of you may know I had recently decided to re-start my business after a big decision to step back. I canceled my website about two weeks ago when it came due. So today I finally thought to call HO and see about renewing my website. Turns out that since I got my site in 2004, I came in before the new regulations. So my website name-erinyourpclady is no longer acceptable. Why you ask......because the words in and you are in it! I get it really I do! BUT COME ON...........if I can't beg and plead then I will have to change EVERYTHING!
I am so angry at myself for thinking that PC could or would not be a part of my life!
Think positve thoughts that someone can over ride the rule for me........:D

Buuuuut......The words "in" and "you" are not in it! What if your name is KarinYoussef?:D Do you have to change your name?

That is just silly....were you talking to a temp?:confused:

ChefBeckyD said:
Buuuuut......The words "in" and "you" are not in it! What if your name is KarinYoussef?:D Do you have to change your name?

That is just silly....were you talking to a temp?:confused:

O.k. - what an odd choice for a name... the hospital where I used to work had a Jasimine Youssef.

katie0128 said:
O.k. - what an odd choice for a name... the hospital where I used to work had a Jasimine Youssef.

Katie - it was to emphasis a point ~ Karin Youssef.......;)

I got that... it was just funny seeing the Youseef last name since I have never seen it anywhere else! Besides the fact that Jasimine's name wouldn't work either!

I Know, I get it too... but exactly... ErIN is your Name. Not like you used the actual word In. Geez Oh Petes!

I worked in advertising for the big 3 and they are just about as crazy with regulations when it comes to using logos and stuff. It is amazing what they come up with. And I can only imagine how much they pay someone to sit there and make up all these regulations.

Gee and I thought they were complaining because "PC" was in there!

We are not allowed to use PC or any form of the words pampered or chef or the "discover the chef in you" tag line, right?

I wonder if they just have a filter that picks up the combination of the letters... without having a real person actually read it to understand the context.

You are right, Katie.

katie0128 said:
We are not allowed to use PC or any form of the words pampered or chef or the "discover the chef in you" tag line, right?

I wonder if they just have a filter that picks up the combination of the letters... without having a real person actually read it to understand the context.

The gentlemen I spoke to said it was only picking up the "in" and "you" as they are part of the tagline. Nothing was mentioned about PC being in there. It is frustrating to think that I might have to change it. And waiting to find out is killing me as I cannot send any of my customers and MY potential to my website.
If I have to change it.....saying that would suck is an understatement as EVERYTHING has that website address on it. That means all new business cards, labels and my stamp...just the thought makes me sick to my stomach.

erinyourpclady said:
The gentlemen I spoke to said it was only picking up the "in" and "you" as they are part of the tagline. Nothing was mentioned about PC being in there. It is frustrating to think that I might have to change it. And waiting to find out is killing me as I cannot send any of my customers and MY potential to my website.
If I have to change it.....saying that would suck is an understatement as EVERYTHING has that website address on it. That means all new business cards, labels and my stamp...just the thought makes me sick to my stomach.

From Consultants Corner
Recipe for Success
Advertising and Publicity Policies

"The part of the .biz address you customize may not include The Pampered Chef® corporate name, the tagline, any trademark used by the company, or any derivation of such, for instance, the words “pamper,” “pampered,” “chef,” “discover,” “in you,” etc."

I really feel bad for you Erin. That will be a bit of expense for you to change so much. So even if you just use your name Erin is a problem with PC. I wish I had a suggestion for you.

Can you speak to a manager? Maybe they can "grandfather" you in since that's what it was before and they never made you change it after they changed the policy.

I am sorry I get it too.... But that is just plain silly if you ask me........

My guy at HO is working on it for me and I expect a call from him today or tomorrow. I will continue to pursue it until I hit the top.....DH asked if I was going to call Doris! LOL!!! I said I would call Jean but I have a little bit of a girl crush on her so that might be hard! LOL!!!

keep us posted. You'd think they would have an issue with "PC", not your name!?!?

Sheesh...

Mine is Chefkari. It's old too. That is screwwy that they are basically saying that your name can't even be in it!! They will probably come back saying you can leave it, if they don't I will be surprised at the ridiculousness of it all! (I already am)

Wow - glad I'm grandfathered in!!

c00p said:
Wow - glad I'm grandfathered in!!

Yeah...shame on me for canceling...shouldn't known all along that I can't leave the "family"...lol!

erinyourpclady said:
Yeah...shame on me for canceling...shouldn't known all along that I can't leave the "family"...lol!

It's disfunctional..but it's all we have ever known!!!! I can see if you were using a phrase like "the cook in you" or even something remotely like that, but this is your name for crimminy sake!!

ok - so my email address is [email protected] - does that mean I can't use that as my PC login on PWS?

erinyourpclady said:

Its like the movie the Firm - lol

My DH calls it cult every time I say I am done - someone drags me back in - LOL - Go out doing my "last show" come home with 3 bookings and all excited again - lol

I was laughing when I first read this because I thought they did not want anything "vulgar". In CA if you want a personalized license plate for your car the DMV scrutinizes the letters to make sure they can not be construed as vulgar or offensive!

PamperedDor said:
Its like the movie the Firm - lol

My DH calls it cult every time I say I am done - someone drags me back in - LOL - Go out doing my "last show" come home with 3 bookings and all excited again - lol
True...true.....LOL!!

pampered_chef_swva said:
ok - so my email address is [email protected] - does that mean I can't use that as my PC login on PWS?
Nope. Someone posted the policy on PWS addresses earlier in this thread. Those guidelines were implemented because there were some people who had PWS addresses that they picked to look like their site was part of the main PC site, and were getting thousands of dollars a month in random orders.

PamperedDor said:

That is too funny! Whenever I go to the cluster meeting or when I talk about NC, my boyfriend calls it my "cult meeting". He even says the same thing about his sister and Mary Kay meetings. LOL

the only word that is in there BESIDES your name is not you, it's YOUR. IMO you are not even violating their regulation. it only picks it up because you have "in" and the "you" part right next to each other even if they are part of other words. If they are compassionate and understanding they can outsmart and override the computer. I'm betting that if you had "Erinthepclady" it wouldn't pick it up.

But that means changing everything ....

Sounds like the forum I belong to that used to have an over-protective filter ... people couldn't even talk about their basement because of the word in it ... they were all chatting about their cellars instead ...

sorry had to laugh at that one...I was looking at the word wondering what in the world would set off the filter...then I found it...

Di_Can_Cook said:
But that means changing everything ....

Sounds like the forum I belong to that used to have an over-protective filter ... people couldn't even talk about their basement because of the word in it ... they were all chatting about their cellars instead ...
That is TOO funny!! LOL!

oh yeah I realize that would mean changing everything, just saying without the YOUR in it, the ERIN wouldn't set it off.

Dang that forum must have a really loose word filter!

So here it is....after many calls....I had to add an S to my addy. I had two choices....comply with the rules ( which I always do) and break the line "in you" OR continue to try to talk my way through it. I have already had customers upset that they cannot get to my website so I gave in and added an s. Which means that I will have to alter all my business cards and everything I stamp. But at least it is just an s..............

Last edited:
Make it Simplegive yourself a GRAND RE-OPENING - and a new PC Image. Tell your clients it was time for an update. Have a new launch and everything. Time to make lemonade, honey! go for it! ;) Challenge your clients - the first 4 to hit your site and find a hidden word (hide it in one of your news articles etc.) wins a Season's Best cookbook. If they book, they get the new Grilling cookbook. :D

Crazy............lesson to all don't cancel website until your 100% sure if you have anything close to that. :) Sorry your having to alter all your info Erin.

It could be SO much worse! LOL!! My advice though....DON"T ever think you can leave the family!! LOL!!

Personally I think they are splitting hairs, since ERIN is your name, the word IN isn't the word, ERIN is the word and it isn't a word but a name. And you isn't the word, YOUR is the word, so if your tagline was "discoverthechefinyou" I could understand that, but it isn't. They are basing this on the words IN and YOU and you don't have those words in your tagline, you have those letters....but not those words...I'd call back and ask for a manager- that's retarded. IMHO! I'm on your side ERIN :) Maybe you could be EROUT? he he he ;)

erinyourpclady said:
That is TOO funny!! LOL!

I'm lost...what is the word that is in their basement? Remember, Chefann said I was pure and angelic...
138.gif

Ohhhhhhh I see it now! wow- glad the folks sent me to a private school- yup that money went to good use! LOL

erinyourpclady said:
It could be SO much worse! LOL!! My advice though....DON"T ever think you can leave the family!! LOL!!

and get away with it!! Look what happened to Tom Cruise in the movie!! Thankfully PC is not that bad - its us!!:blushing:

Erin ... can you get a new yahoo id that is erinsyourpclady ... keep the old one and forward all the mail to the new one ... that will minimize confusion and still ensure that you get all the mail!I agree .. change it up ... make it new! Have a grand re-opening!

1. Why did you cancel your website?

I had recently decided to re-start my business after a big decision to step back. I canceled my website about two weeks ago when it came due.

2. Why did you have to call HO to renew your website?

Since I got my site in 2004, I came in before the new regulations. So my website name-erinyourpclady is no longer acceptable.

3. Why is your website name no longer acceptable?

The words "in" and "you" are in it, which goes against the new regulations.

4. How does this affect your business?

I will have to change EVERYTHING, including my website name, branding, and marketing materials.

5. Do you think this rule is fair?

I understand the reasoning behind it, but I am disappointed that I have to make these changes. I am hoping that someone can over ride the rule for me.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• peichef
  • Business, Marketing and Customer Service
Replies
Views
peichef
  • magentablue
  • Business, Marketing and Customer Service
Replies
Views
Liseit
  • babywings76