• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Humor Burger King Out of Burgers? How Does That Happen?

In summary, a restaurant was out of food, and the person's husband prank called them and pretended to be from the restaurant.
chefheidi2003
Gold Member
I am sorry..but I just had to post this..because it is too funny not to share.

My husband just called me. His mom went to Burger King to pick up lunch for them. And they were OUT OF BURGERS!! Really. I mean if McDonald's would be out of burgers it would make me laugh..but not nearly as much as BURGER King being out. I just had to share. HOW DOES THAT HAPPEN!?!?

We went to Arby's for lunch one day... and they were out of roast beef. Say wha? You're Arby's? My mom actually laughed in the guys face.

As for how it happens... I guess they didn't get a shipment? Who knows... I've worked in resteraunts where instead of 86-ing something when we ran out of an ingredient... we ran to the grocery store and got some to make do. Guess fast food doesn't think that way. LOL

Needless to say, a funny story to tell people!

:) Too funny!We have a long standing inside joke about a restaurants being out of certain food. DH is a practical joker, always trying to pull things on me. One day I picked up dinner from KFC and called him to let him know they were out of chicken breasts and asked him what else he wanted. Little did he know I was already in the car and driving home. He was bummed when I walked in the door because he really wanted chicken breasts. Big shocker when he opened the box to find his beloved chicken breasts :) I finally pulled one on him!! So now when I pick up dinner I call him and let him know they are out of whatever is most popular at that place.(When I started typing this I about just put breast instead of chicken breast - that story would have been slightly different if I had left chicken out - oh the way this thread would have been hijacked by certain people!)

I've gone to KFC several times where they've run out of chicken...

chefsteph07 said:
I've gone to KFC several times where they've run out of chicken...

See..that is another one. It is too funny if it is in your name and you run out of it.

I remember working at TGI Friday's years ago and our District Manager had gone to Boston Market, which I think at the time was called Boston Chicken (this was early 90's) and they were...out of chicken :)

minirottie said:
I remember working at TGI Friday's years ago and our District Manager had gone to Boston Market, which I think at the time was called Boston Chicken (this was early 90's) and they were...out of chicken :)

I used to work at Friday's too!

We were visiting family after the holidays a few years ago and stopped to eat at a Red Robin AT Hershey, PA. And really....we could see the Hershey plant from the restaurant window. We asked for a Chocolate Milkshake and they were out of chocolate. I've never laughed so hard in my life!

pkd09 said:
We were visiting family after the holidays a few years ago and stopped to eat at a Red Robin AT Hershey, PA. And really....we could see the Hershey plant from the restaurant window. We asked for a Chocolate Milkshake and they were out of chocolate. I've never laughed so hard in my life!

HAHA..too funny.

Loved your post..that Red Robin is not too far from my house.

Sometimes weather does hinder deliveries. I wonder if that could be the case? That is too funny though!

In the mid-80s I worked the morning shift at Hardee's. We were known for our homemade biscuits as we never used the frozen ones they do now. We ran out of flour! How do you serve breakfast of Biscuits with meats and eggs and Bib Breakfasts with a biscuit without the biscuits! Not only that, we did not use English muffins to sub! Turned out the manager did place the order like always but never knew that the last week before school started that everyone one under the sun would come in for breakfast and we over sold! Oh and no, we could not run to the store to get flour as there was more in the mix than just flour!

Last edited:
vanscootin said:
I used to work at Friday's too!

Did you have the recommended number of pieces of flair? :D

I worked at Wendys and when we ran out of product we would call another store and get what we needed. But of course there were many Wendys around there. Here it wouldn't work.

Not as funny, since it's not part of the name ... but I've had Wendy's tell me "I'm sorry, we are all out of buns" ~ okay ... that I get (although I had the same thought that they should have run to the Mrs. Bairds store down the street or even a grocery store to get more) ... ut then a week later Sonic said "I'm sorry, we can't sell hamburgers today." Huh? No elaboration??? I wasn't sure if that meant they ran out or the freezer broke & all the meat was spoiled. I just told her never mind & drove off. If she's not giving the WHOLE story, I probably don't want to know ... ;)

burger_king-meet.jpg

From the picture- it's obvious that it is not the first time BK has had this issue.....among other issues they apparently have!

esavvymom said:
From the picture- it's obvious that it is not the first time BK has had this issue.....among other issues they apparently have!

You mean, like The King suffering from Burt Syndrome?

burger%20king.jpg

Our pizza hut ran out of pan crust one time!

wadesgirl said:
Our pizza hut ran out of pan crust one time!

Yes! Years ago went to a Pizza Hut and they were out of Medium pizzas...DH and I thought that was strange. Then they said they had Large pizzas. ????

Hmmmm...couldn't remove some of the dough to make a medium?

kam said:
Yes! Years ago went to a Pizza Hut and they were out of Medium pizzas...DH and I thought that was strange. Then they said they had Large pizzas. ????

OMG...that's scary. Did you ask if they'd give it to you at the price of a medium? ;)

kam said:

And would it communicate with folks on the other side?

esavvymom said:
OMG...that's scary. Did you ask if they'd give it to you at the price of a medium? ;)

It happened when DH and I were dating (over 16 yrs ago) and we still laugh about it to this day..."remember that Pizza Hut...?"

(If I remember correctly, they did give us the lower price).

The_Kitchen_Guy said:
And would it communicate with folks on the other side?

heehee!

It reminds me of the midget with ESP who was convicted of murder but broke out of prison. The newspaper headline read:
Small Medium At Large.

Ah, yes. I've been told many times that Pizza Hut was out of Pan Crust.

I agree, they should have been able to pull some off the ball of dough & make a medium. That's crazy!

TKG, love the king photo. Classic!!! He needs to change his theme song:"Hold the pickles, hold the lettuce. Special orders don't upset us. All we ask is that you let us serve it your way! Have it your way. Have it your way! Have it your way at Burger King ..." to: "Bring the strawberries, bring the whip cream. Special wines to pour on the king. All he asks is that you let him serve it your way! Have 'em your way. Have 'em your way! Have 'em your way on the bear rug ..."

Okay, I now return you to your regular TV programming!

We tried to go to El Pollo Loco one night and they were out of chicken. Nada pollo loco.

Michelle, maybe they had chicken, just not crazy chicken. You didn't ask the question the right way! LOL

http://userserve-ak.last.fm/serve/_/60137501/CrazyChicken+crazy+chicken.jpg

Si! El pollo is muy loco a la cabeza!!!

I am sitting here laughing at the comments and KGs cartoons. Pat is wondering why I am sitting in the kitchen alone, laughing! I show him and he laughed. He told me that last November he went to Popeye's Chicken. They too were out of Chicken. Funny too, they were still open. I mean seriously? Why go when all you can order are sides? That's all they could offer him! They were out of every type of chicken!

We've been to pizza hut several times and they said they couldn't make pizzas because they were out of cheese...once they said they were only making dine in pizza because they didn't have enough cheese for take out...HUH! I guess they can't run down the block to the grocery store and buy some cheese...

I used to own a restaurant and if our grocery truck was out of something or we ran out, we drove the 3 blocks to the store to get it.

I was talking to my mom about this, this morning. She and I both worked at the same Hardee's in Elkhorn. She told me that Kevin and Tom, the two managers, were not allowed to do any "shopping" if they ran out of something. There was no petty cash fund nor would corporate reimburse them if they took the expense out of pocket. That has to be the dumbest thing I have ever heard. She thought so too as one day before I started, they ran out of eggs. She was shocked when they could not do anything about it. It is not like we got specially designed eggs from corporate so what the heck??? That's when she found out about the no reimbursement and no petty cash issues. She said they had to start serving lunch at 8:45 a.m.!

My Aunts were at Friendly's one time and didn't see their waitress anywhere..and no one was helping them. Finally another server went past them and they said where is our waitress..Oh..she went to go get Bananas. So it was good that they sent someone to get them..but don't you think that someone should have covered her tables??

Heidi - sounds like a "ran out of brains" problem to me! That is really bad!! We ran out of wait staff so you won't be served if you are sitting in that section.

Nah, they were just in the "No Service" section.

I was at a Cracker Barrel once with a co-worker ... a co-worker in his police uniform ... and our waiter disappeared. We had already gotten our food, but never saw him again. 45 min's later when we waived someone else down to go find our waiter so we could get drink refills & the check, she looked baffled & took off. A few minutes later, the Manager emerged & apologized that the waiter had quit & walked off the job. They thought that they had re-assigned all the tables, but apparently we got missed. No one was assigned to work that table & none of them had noticed that we had empty glasses for 20 minutes & no service. He comped our meal.

Sheila said:
I was at a Cracker Barrel once with a co-worker ... a co-worker in his police uniform ... and our waiter disappeared. We had already gotten our food, but never saw him again. 45 min's later when we waived someone else down to go find our waiter so we could get drink refills & the check, she looked baffled & took off. A few minutes later, the Manager emerged & apologized that the waiter had quit & walked off the job. They thought that they had re-assigned all the tables, but apparently we got missed. No one was assigned to work that table & none of them had noticed that we had empty glasses for 20 minutes & no service. He comped our meal.

hmmmm.....me thinks he had some history he was running from! that would have been fun to find out, and pay him a visit, eh? "You forgot your tip!" ;)

Sheila said:

Ha! Don't get me started on bad service at restaurants! Or even the times that our tip went to someone else besides our waitress!

My last job was in a production facility (pretty small one). We had quite a few people who went to break and never came back! In my department we had a guy who road his bike to work from the next town. We thought he went to break but 30 minutes later he didn't come back. We went downstairs to see if anybody saw him. Apparently he left our department, walked through the production floor cursing, got on his bike and left!

Bobbi, seems like he'd have fled before taking our order! LOL Someone else did bring it to the table. Hopefully he didn't do something to the cop's food & then run. If he did, oh well! My friend lived through it. LOL

1. How can Burger King, a fast food chain known for its burgers, run out of burgers?

This is a rare occurrence and usually happens due to unexpected high demand or technical difficulties with their supply chain. The company is constantly working to prevent this from happening and apologizes for any inconvenience it may cause.

2. Is there a specific time of day when Burger King is more likely to run out of burgers?

No, the shortage can happen at any time during the day. However, it is more likely to occur during peak hours when there is a higher volume of customers.

3. How do they handle the situation when they run out of burgers?

Burger King typically offers alternative menu options such as chicken sandwiches or salads. They also strive to restock their burgers as quickly as possible to resume their regular menu.

4. Can I get a discount or refund if I already paid for a burger and they are out?

If you have already paid for a burger and they are out, you can ask for a refund or choose a different menu item at the same price. Burger King values their customers' satisfaction and will do their best to accommodate any inconvenience.

5. How can I avoid this situation in the future?

Burger King recommends checking their website or social media pages for any updates on potential shortages. You can also call your local restaurant to inquire about their current menu availability before making a trip.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

Replies
Views
Rebeccascabinet
  • The_Kitchen_Guy
  • General Chat
Replies
Views
sharalam
  • ChefBeckyD
  • General Chat
Replies