• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Yikes! How Would You Have Handled This?

In summary, Brooke was doing customer care calls the other night and got a call from a man who asked if she knew what time it was. Brooke looked at her computer and said 9:03 and the man told her she had a hell of a lot of nerve calling at this time of night. Brooke apologized and hung up. The next day, Brooke thought about it and decided she would send the man a letter apologizing for catching him at a bad time.
pamperedmom2owen
I was doing customer care calls the other night it was almost nine, so I decided to make one last call before calling it a night. So I called this guy and when I told him who I was, he asked if I knew what time it was. I looked at my computer and said, 9:03. He then told me I had a hell of a lot of nerve calling at this time of night. :eek: I apoligized, wished him a good night, and hung up. I'd never met him, he was an order from a catalog show. At first I was going to call the next day and apologize again, but now I think I'm just going to drop it. What would you have done? I was mortified by the way. Haven't had the guts to call more guests yet. :(

Don't get discouragedBrooke,
Don't let one bad call steer you away from making other calls. I try to make all my calls between 7 and 8 only because I am a mother of 2 small children, and I do not like people to call my house after say 8:30. You may have just caught him at a bad time. Think about it, maybe he just worked 2 double shifts and he had just gotten to bed. Customer Care Calls are very important to your business, don't let one bad call make you stop making them. I personally wouldn't call again even to apologize, you already apologized. Don't set yourself up for another lashing. Hope I helped.

Debbie :)

I would just shake it off, and don't let it bother you. You can call him and apologize at a different time if it will make you feel better. Remember men don't normally take things as personally as we do (at least the ones I know don't) so he may have not even have given it a second thought. Don't worry most people aren't like that.

Send a letterIf you are still a bit leary of calling him again, you might try sending him a note apologizing for catching him at a bad time. Let him know that you would still love to do business with him in the future and let it go. Depending on how bad you feel, you could even slip in a Season's Best cookbook :) We have all had those types of phone calls but you just have to pick yourself up and say....NEXT!

9:03 is not too late to call for most people. I would shake it off and move on. As someone said, if you want to send an apology email or note, do that, but I would not call back. (Just my opinion)

I agree with what everyone said. Just shake it off and move on. Not everyone is going to be easy to do business with or even deal with. This stuff happens to everyone. If anything he missed out on hearing some great PC specials - it's his loss! :p

Like someone said..he could work a different shift and may have been in bed already. If he is anything like my husband...he doesnt remember saying half the things he does when woke up. Maybe the guy doesnt even realize he talked to you. I would call him back and act like its the first time you called...but call about 6 pm. ;)

LOL chefloriray, my husband does that all the time- he says things to me in his sleep that he never remembers especially if I woke him up or at least I thought he was awake. :D

Just to let you know, I had this happen to me once - but it was the other way around... a lady I met at church was selling something (another home sales business) and took a catalog. She is aware I have 3 young children. It was during the school year, and she phoned me at 9:20pm. To me, that is too late.

Personally, I don't like to discuss stuff like that (she wanted me to host a party) after a long day. I don't think it is good business practice to make calls that late in the evening as a lot of people use that as their "down time"; besides possibly waking up the kids.

I did explain to her when she asked if it was a good time to talk that I don't usually appreciate phone calls that late in the evening - I was very kind and explained my reasons. However, I think I upset her as I have not heard a peep out of her since. I think everyone handles situations like this so differently; some don't mind, some people receiving calls that late might not like it but they don't say anything, and then you get some that are just plain rude about it. So maybe ask your customers to fill in an area on their order form when it is a good time to call?

I agree. I think that after 8 actually is not a good time. First of all, when people whom you dont know pick up the phone they dont see you as "the pampered chef" they see you as the dreaded tele marketer. People are more open to hosting or even talking about something they have purchased in the early afternoons on the weekends or mid-morning weekdays.
I know when I am winding down (after 8) that is the time i have to do the things to help me prepare for the next day or relax not giving surveys to places where I am currently getting service or have purchased something. I would rather get a post card with a discount incentive attached. Just my opinion. But the man was rude. :eek:

1. What is "Yikes! How Would You Have Handled This?"

"Yikes! How Would You Have Handled This?" is a popular game from Pampered Chef that allows players to practice their problem-solving skills in a fun and interactive way. It involves a series of scenarios where players must come up with creative solutions to various challenges.

2. How many players can participate in "Yikes! How Would You Have Handled This?"

The game can be played with 2-6 players, making it perfect for a family game night or a fun activity with friends.

3. Is "Yikes! How Would You Have Handled This?" suitable for all ages?

While the game is recommended for players aged 8 and up, younger children can also participate with adult supervision. The game is designed to be challenging and entertaining for all ages.

4. What skills can players develop while playing "Yikes! How Would You Have Handled This?"

Playing "Yikes! How Would You Have Handled This?" can help improve problem-solving, critical thinking, and communication skills. It also encourages creativity and teamwork among players.

5. Can "Yikes! How Would You Have Handled This?" be played online?

At the moment, "Yikes! How Would You Have Handled This?" is only available as a physical game and cannot be played online. However, you can purchase the game from the Pampered Chef website and have it delivered to your doorstep.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• luvtocook
  • Business, Marketing and Customer Service
Replies
Views
stacywhitlow
  • PCGirl77
  • Business, Marketing and Customer Service
Replies
Views
PCMomto4
  • speedychef