• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Can You Cook Turkey Breast in the DCBaker Microwave?

In summary, the recommended cooking time for a turkey breast in the microwave is 8-10 minutes per pound. It is important to cover the turkey breast and use a meat thermometer to ensure it reaches an internal temperature of 165 degrees Fahrenheit. It is not recommended to use a frozen turkey breast, and it is safe to add seasonings or marinade before cooking, as long as it is covered to prevent splattering.
Has anyone done turkey breast in the DCBaker in the microwave?

Margit

i'm going to try it later today to use the turkey meat for my cook & book new consultant training tonight. mine is bone in, so i'm just going to pretend it's chicken and try 12-15 min & then check the temp with the digital thermometer.

I did a pre-cooked boneless breast kinda thing. It was marinated in something. I think the regular instructions said to heat in the oven with some water. I did it in the micro in the DCB and the outside came out kinda dry. I don't think I put water in the DCB. I didn't really like the flavor of the marinade so haven't done it again. The texture may have been better if I had put some water in the DCB with the lid on while it got up to temp.

thx becca, i'll add some water when i do it!

I've cooked a raw turkey breast on the bone ( around 6 pounds ) a few times in the DCB. I think it took about 40-45 minutes. I checked it at 15 minutes intervals. Came out Great!!! :D

In the microwave or oven, covered or uncovered Ginger?

i did it last night and it was great. it was about a lb & a half and it took about 20 minutes covered in the microwave. i added a little bit of water to the dcb to keep it moist.

chefjessicah said:
In the microwave or oven, covered or uncovered Ginger?

Covered in the microwave...

What is the recommended cooking time for cooking a turkey breast in the microwave?

The recommended cooking time for a turkey breast in the microwave is approximately 8-10 minutes per pound. It is important to use a meat thermometer to ensure the internal temperature reaches at least 165 degrees Fahrenheit.

Do I need to cover the turkey breast while cooking in the microwave?

Yes, it is recommended to cover the turkey breast with a microwave-safe lid or plastic wrap to prevent splattering and to help retain moisture during the cooking process.

Can I use a frozen turkey breast in the microwave?

No, it is not recommended to cook a frozen turkey breast in the microwave. It is best to thaw the turkey breast completely in the refrigerator before cooking.

How do I know when the turkey breast is fully cooked?

The best way to determine if the turkey breast is fully cooked is to use a meat thermometer. The internal temperature should reach at least 165 degrees Fahrenheit. If not, continue to cook for additional time as needed.

Can I add seasonings or marinade to the turkey breast before cooking in the microwave?

Yes, you can add seasonings or marinade to the turkey breast before cooking in the microwave. Just be sure to cover the turkey breast with a lid or plastic wrap to prevent the seasonings or marinade from splattering during cooking.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

Replies
Views
dkitten13
  • sailorsarah
  • Recipes and Tips
Replies
Views
sailorsarah
  • FromMaria'sKitchen
  • Recipes and Tips
Replies