• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Wow, We Were Just in a Tornado Warning!

In summary, my little one and I were just sitting here; then the phone rang & at the same time the tornado sirens started going off! The phone call was from my DH saying to hit the basement cause he had just called in a tornado. Luckily it went right around town; it did hit a couple buildings, but I don't think anyone was hurt.
lacychef
My little one & I were just sitting here; then the phone rang & at the same time the tornado sirens started going off! The phone call was dh saying to hit the basement cause he had just called in a tornado. Luckily it went right around town; it did hit a couple buildings, but I don't think anyone was hurt.
How crazy! I thought we were done with that season! I can't wait to pick up my other daughter to hear about their tornado drill that wasn't a drill...I'm sure she'll have lots to say:)

We are in a tornado watch here in Latimer county in Southeast Oklahoma. It has been misting rain all day and it has been very windy. Yes, it is late for tornados, but that's Oklahoma weather for you. If you don't like it today, stay around till tomorrow, it is sure to change...LOL

Shawnna said:
We are in a tornado watch here in Latimer county in Southeast Oklahoma. It has been misting rain all day and it has been very windy. Yes, it is late for tornados, but that's Oklahoma weather for you. If you don't like it today, stay around till tomorrow, it is sure to change...LOL

Hey, that describes KS too:D I knew we were going to get a storm; the wind has been blowing like crazy today--definately a bad hair day!

Almost every single year we have a tornado watch or warning in November!! I remember one November many years ago the sirens started going off and a tree in the front of my apartment blew over and just barely missed the building. It was scary.

Yikes! I'm glad I don't have to deal with tornados!! Sounds pretty scary!

I had a friend from TN and tornados is something she missed.

It's a good thing somebody warned that tornado. It probably never encountered a group as dangerous as we are.

What is a tornado warning?

A tornado warning is an alert issued by the National Weather Service when a tornado has been spotted or indicated by radar in a specific area. It means that people in the affected area should take immediate shelter and precautions to protect themselves.

How long does a tornado warning last?

The duration of a tornado warning can vary. It typically lasts for around 30 minutes, but it can be shorter or longer depending on the specific conditions and movements of the tornado.

What should I do during a tornado warning?

During a tornado warning, it is important to seek shelter immediately. Go to a basement or an interior room on the lowest level of a sturdy building. If you are outside, find a low-lying area and cover your head with your hands. Avoid windows and stay away from vehicles, as they can be easily lifted by tornadoes.

What is the difference between a tornado warning and a tornado watch?

A tornado warning means that a tornado has been spotted or indicated by radar and is imminent. A tornado watch, on the other hand, means that conditions are favorable for tornadoes to form, but one has not been spotted yet.

How can I stay informed about tornado warnings?

It is important to have a reliable source of information during severe weather events like tornado warnings. You can sign up for alerts from your local news station or download a weather app that sends push notifications. It is also a good idea to have a weather radio in your home, as it will automatically sound an alarm when a tornado warning is issued for your area.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• ChefLisa
  • General Chat
Replies
Views
pamperedharriet
  • lacychef
  • General Chat
Replies
Views
wadesgirl
  • pampered1224