• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Experience the Thrill of Severe Weather: A Weather Enthusiast's Perspective"

;) in summary, a large wall cloud passed over our house and while there was some rotation, it didn't go anywhere.
Kitchen Diva
Gold Member
Okay I love storms...and if I wasn't married, I would move to the true midwest and chase tornado's...that's how cool I think storms are.

So we just had this large wall cloud pass over our house. http://www.weathernut.net/05/Kansas%20BEAST.jpg (it looked a little like this, just not as grand) I wasn't about to lose everything to a tornado- so I told it to go back up into the sky- and the cloud passed over us with little activity. We did have some rotation start- but it didn't go anywhere- It was so cool to stand outside and watch it come towards me and pass over me... while my pets and family were safe in the lower level watching from the windows! :)

It wasn't still enough in the air for anything to happen, so no yelling at me for being outside.

DH survived Hurricane Hugo, and we just had an F-5 hit a suburb about 25 miles north of us this past week, so I don't mock the weather, I have a very healthy fear/respect for severe weather if you will- I just think they are so cool.

Glad to hear you faired OK. We were fine here to, well except for the dog freaking out. Who needs tornado sirens? I knew a storm was comming 5 mins before they went off. Baxter was whining and wimpering like crazy!

I saw the pictures of downtown at the art fair. That had to suck!

etteluap70PC said:
Glad to hear you faired OK. We were fine here to, well except for the dog freaking out. Who needs tornado sirens? I knew a storm was comming 5 mins before they went off. Baxter was whining and wimpering like crazy!

I saw the pictures of downtown at the art fair. That had to suck!
Yeah, I bet everything was ruined... that's a bummer. My sister was freaking out and I was like look kiddo- if the dogs aren't freaking out then everything is alright! :) And it was.

We had a scare here yesterday. A tornado warning - storm with heavy rotation! We went to the neighbors basement! Luckily it passed us over. I had just said to my Mom in the morning, "We are almost done with fixing things up in the house. Just my luck a tornado will come." Then the warning!

Glad that it went away before anything developed! I spent most of the night looking up storm chasers and tornado info online! Simply amazing!!! I wish I could be a storm chaser---

OK, Kacey, how many times have you watched "Twister"? LOL!

I love the pic you attached in your first post. I love thunderstorms as long as I'm somewhere safe and sound.

I actually only saw the movie twice. But I tell you what- I would seriously love to do that. Wasn't that picture amazing? I just stood in my driveway looking straight up as that thing slowly passed above me- and there was some swirling of clouds within that wall cloud, but I could just tell by the air that nothing would form. It was a majestic sight to see however! WOW!

It is an amazing picture. I even woke up my DH to show him (he's snoozin' on the couch). He wasn't quite as amazed - might be because he didn't even open his eyes - LOL.

I would never want to be a storm chaser!! I am totally scared during tornado warnings and always start having bad dreams about them this time of year!!

The storms are kind of exciting....but all the tornado warnings around here have already gotten old this year! I wouldn't live in a house here without a basement!

Related to Experience the Thrill of Severe Weather: A Weather Enthusiast's Perspective"

1. What is "Experience the Thrill of Severe Weather"?

"Experience the Thrill of Severe Weather" is a presentation by Pampered Chef that explores the excitement and beauty of severe weather phenomena from a weather enthusiast's perspective. It showcases stunning images and videos, along with educational information about the science behind severe weather events.

2. Who is the presenter of this experience?

The presenter of "Experience the Thrill of Severe Weather" is a trained meteorologist with a passion for weather and storm chasing. They have extensive knowledge and experience in severe weather events and are able to provide entertaining and informative insights into this fascinating topic.

3. Is this experience suitable for all ages?

Yes, this experience is suitable for all ages. The presenter will tailor the content to the audience, ensuring that it is appropriate and engaging for all ages, from children to adults.

4. How long is the presentation?

The presentation typically lasts for about an hour, but can be adjusted to fit within a specific time frame if needed. It includes a mix of visuals, storytelling, and interactive elements to keep the audience engaged throughout.

5. Can this experience be customized for a specific event or group?

Yes, Pampered Chef offers the option to customize "Experience the Thrill of Severe Weather" for specific events or groups. This can include incorporating specific topics or tailoring the content to fit the audience's interests. Please contact us for more information and pricing.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• lacychef
  • General Chat
Replies
Views
wadesgirl
  • ChefLisa
  • General Chat
Replies
Views
pamperedharriet
Replies