• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Wow, My Recent Show Was Frustrating ...

In summary, the author had a frustrating experience with her most recent show. People were talking and not paying attention to her, which made it difficult to sell anything. She recommends bringing Quick tip cards and having a group of people who are paying attention to the show.
sailortena
Ok, so I have only done a total of five shows. Three catalog and two cooking shows. My most recent show was yesterday at a coworker's house. It started out OK before the guests got there ... I did my prep and felt confident. People were trickling in REAL slow. So I started with four people as guests. Then five more wandered in within 15 minutes of starting. I had to repeat myself a couple of times. But the worst part was I felt like I was talking to myself, because everyone was talking and I didn't think anyone was actually listening or cared about what I was saying. I had all these clever quips I had planned in my head and they just didn't go off.

For my recipes I prepared a dip with the dill seasoning beforehand and served it on Simple Additions with crinkled-cut vegetables. I made a broccoli ham ring and cooked a chocolate lava cake in the rice cooker.

Sales were OK, the most so far for a show I have done (I had not had anything break the $200 mark at that point.) It seems like people were listening because I did sell two rice cookers, a cheese grater and the host ended up buying the very 12-inch executive skillet I had brought. (It was my qualifying bonus.) I also got two bookings for May. In the end I had about $370 in commissionable sales.

Is this OK? I just felt so frustrated that the flow of the show didn't go as I would like.

It all dependson how you like to do your shows and how you look at it.

You did get bookings which are good b/c it means more commission for you and more possible bookings.. So thats good!

and if you prefer people to be quiet or not. I actually had the same thing happen to me. I liked it! I felt their attention wasnt on me fully.. I did have to repeat myself a bunch of times but they were having fun. I dont like when people are quiet and staring at me. My other show on Saturday was the same way.. I even had them interrupt so I could add someone up. Came back into the room and almost everyone was on a cigarette break. I waited a few minutes til they trickled in and then I just continued. I got 2 bookings, a 600 show and a possible recruit!

Both times they did complement me on taking control.. i didnt let their talking interrupt my selling. I just would say something like Ohh You have to see this! and the host would jump in and say SHHH Tinas showing us something. And afterwards they all apologized for being chatty.

I do hope that you dont go thru it again if you didnt like it. I think we all have some ideas in our head as to how the show is going to go and when it doesnt we get frustrated. I'm only in my 2nd SS so I'm still learning!

Good luck! :)

I had the same thing happen to me at my 2nd show!

There were 12 ladies there. They were loud, and drinking and no one knew anything about TPC! I was interrupted like 3 times through out my presentation. I was annoyed by the end of the show! It ended up closing at $400ish I think (not the worst I have had in sales) . I got zero bookings from it so overall it was just a lame night for me! But I brushed it off and moved on. You will get great shows and you get not so great ones and alot in between. But you keep at it and move forward!

Don't let this one get you down!

I have rowdy crowds alot. I started bringing Quick tip cards, every guest gets one and you go around the room during the show and have them read them. Or play bingo a game where they have to pay attention if they want to win!! Some of my best shows have been the rowdy crowds. but after the first one, I cried on the way home because no one listened to me through my entire presentation. another idea I was given is bringing the product use care cards for all the products you are demoing, then have the guests read the cards as you show the product.

My shows are always like that. They are loud and there is a group that is just there to socialize and put in a courtesy order. I just direct my shows to the group that is listening and let the others do their thing. They usually end up in a different room too. For me - it isn't a problem to not have everyone's attention - I just keep going.

I used to toss miniature hershey candies into my audience to get their attention. My incentive for them to recieve their chocolate was if they ooohed and awed about a product I was showing. Seemed to work pretty well.

I try to include the guests as much as possible. That seems to help keep their attention. When I start talking about a product I try to let the guests sell it, and if they forget any important points I add them in. This seems to sell the products really well because if their friend likes it, it must be good!! And I think they remember more about the products when they don't hear EVERYTHING from me! I also don't dwell too much on the techniqual terms, I focus on how many different things can I use this for, and the selling points like for the scrapers, they won't melt, stain, etc, etc.

I try to not make things difficult. I talk about the products and let the others talk about them and when I can I get guests or the host to use the product. most of the time when a guest gets up to use the product the whole place goes silent. sometimes they dont believe just anybody can use the stuff!! keep them active but keep it simple and light

I keep my guests involved buy asking LOTS of questions. For example, when you're using the food chopper, ask 'does anyone know what makes our food chopper special'. Hand out candy or raffle tickets for a door prize to guests who can answer your questions. If you're going to use raffle tickets, assign a 'ticket master' at the beginning of the show. Ask that person to give a ticket to whoever you say to durring the show, so you can cook and not mess around with the tickets. Here are some more questions I like to use:
What's your favorite PC product (I ask everyone durring introductions)
Can anyone name 5 things you can slice with our Egg Slicer?
What's your favorite drink to make with your Quick-Stir Pitcher?
What do you use your woven trays for?
What makes our stones special?
Did you know there are more than 80 products in our catalog for under $10? Can anyone name 5 of them?
What can you cook on your round stone?
Why is our double balloon whisk great?
What's your favorite cookbook?

I, like Barbara, throw candy at some shows (depends on the crowd)....it's always kind of funny and makes people laugh because I do not have very good aim! Keeps them paying attention, you know!

I had a super rowdy crowd at my last show. I played a game with them where the first person to say Pampered Chef after I did received pc dollars. (fake hundred dollars bills that I printed on the computer) This kept their attention but still allowed them to yell! At the end of the show, I raffled off mystery envelopes and they paid with the pc dollars. The number of envelopes would depend on the number of guest. I put things like free shipping, free cooking show or a free small gift in the envelopes.

Good game to try to keep guest's attentionHi Ladies--

This is my first post, but I have gotten so much good info from this site! Thanks! :)
I play a game called "Have It Love It, Love It Want It!" It works like this: When I talk about or show a product if the guest has it they yell "Have it, Love it!", if I mention something they don't have but that they want, they yell "Love it Want it!". I give a piece of candy to the first person to say each line, then at the end, whoever has the most candy(or wrappers)left wins. ( I usually give out two prizes.)Then I let them pick a prize from the door prize basket. This works really well to hold peoples attention. I have one group who can't wait for this game to start, then when it does they are literally fighting over who said it first! But it is really fun. I put hershey kisses in the simple additions small bowls and put them in the small bowl caddy. I put the host in charge of handing out the candy, so that I can do my show without being interupted 20 times to hand out candy.
Hope this helps!
Jen

I had a show like this about a month ago. No matter how many times I talked the ladies just kept right on like I was not there. I am not an outgoing person so I finally just shut up! I made the food and put it out on the table all while being ignored. My SIL was the host so I did not want to be rude or anything. After all was said and done, it was a $700 show, my second highst!! Plus I got a few compliments on how great it was to be at a PC party and not have to listen to the speal since they had all already been to lots of PC parties!!
Sometimes things are just not quite what they seem! I guess I would say go with the flow of your party!
Hilary

1. Why didn't anyone show up to my Pampered Chef party?

There could be a variety of reasons for a low turnout at your party. It's possible that your invitations were not seen or received by your guests, or they may have had prior commitments. It's also important to make sure you are inviting a diverse group of people who are interested in cooking and kitchen products. Consider reaching out to friends, family, and coworkers to ensure a successful turnout at your next party.

2. How do I handle guests who cancel last minute?

Unfortunately, last-minute cancellations do happen. The best way to handle this is to have a backup plan in place. Reach out to your consultant and see if they have any tips for handling cancellations or if they have any suggestions for inviting additional guests. You can also consider offering incentives or discounts for guests who bring a friend to make up for any last-minute cancellations.

3. What can I do if my guests seem uninterested in the products?

If you notice that your guests are not engaged or interested in the products, it's important to try and make the experience more interactive. Encourage them to ask questions and try out the products themselves. You can also consider doing a demonstration or game to get them more involved. Remember to have fun and be enthusiastic about the products, as that energy can be contagious.

4. How do I handle a guest who is being difficult or rude?

If you encounter a difficult or rude guest, it's important to stay calm and professional. Try to address their concerns or issues in a respectful manner and offer solutions. If the situation becomes too uncomfortable, you can politely ask them to leave or speak to your consultant for further assistance.

5. What should I do if I don't make many sales at my party?

If your sales were lower than expected, don't be discouraged. It's important to remember that every party is different and not every guest will make a purchase. However, there are a few things you can do to improve sales at your next party. Consider offering special deals or discounts, having a raffle or giveaway, or sharing your own personal experiences and recommendations with the products. Your consultant can also provide tips and advice for increasing sales at your party.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• PChefPEI
  • Pampered Chef Shows
Replies
Views
cookcarolyn
  • keynibear
  • Pampered Chef Shows
Replies
Views
DebPC
Replies