• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Wouldn't You Like to Be "Stripper", Too?

In summary, the woman became a stripper after finding out that 750 posts wasn't the magic number anymore.
chefann said:
I'm being good. Don't want to offend anyone.There was a post on the Lincoln forum yesterday about a meet in Columbus. The meet chairman (who's gay - that comes into play in a minute) listed some activities, including a pipe organ recital at his house. (Must be some house!) Someone else posted a comment that "My dad is an organ fanatic."I told Dan, "On CS, we'd be all over that comment!"
[background] When I was 15, I was one word away from buying a 1931 coupe - The Old Man said, "NO!" ;) At 21, my friend, Jim, took me for a ride in his '29 Tudor and I was hooked. I bought a 1930 Town Sedan and haven't been without at least one Model A since. [/background]Jim traded his '29 Tudor for a Moller theatre organ, then started adding to it. His organ grew so big ;) that he had to move into a bigger house. He eventually traded the Moller for a Wurlitzer, which some say, is the best sounding of all pipe organs.In the 35 years that Jim had "...the biggest organ in Waukesha County..." we used every organ joke imaginable. Most cannot be used here.

Last edited:
Pretty funny.Organ recitals are not a typical part of LCOC meets, but this guy sounds like a real character. He calls himself "Head (derogitory term here) in Charge" of that meet, but uses an acronym, so most of the fuddy-duddies don't know what he's talking about.

katie0128 said:
Check out my new avatar... isn't my chef lady cute?!?!?!?!
I think she is cute too... What great timing, just as you get your stripper star - she shows up ... Is she a stripper chef too:rolleyes:

Old people are so fun to confuse.

Makes you wonder what's in that recipe book she's holding....

Actually getting the star make me think I should actually have an avatar as well... Makes me feel more official!

She' adorable, Katie.KG & Ann, I grew up in Marion, IN. We had a big pipe organ at the Marion Coliseum. Every year they had at least one fundraiser at which they showed old silent movies. It's where I fell in love with the work of Lon Chaney. The man was genius.BTW, the old junior high I went to in 7th grade didn't have a gym. For our gym classes, we rode the bus to the Marion Coliseum. Imagine how many organ jokes a bunch of junior high kids in the 70's came up with. We moved to the new junior high when I started 8th grade. Gym class was never the same.

Last edited:
genburk said:
I think she is cute too... What great timing, just as you get your stripper star - she shows up ... Is she a stripper chef too:rolleyes:
It's not as much fun to watch a cartoon stripper.

raebates said:
She' adorable, Katie.

KG & Ann, I grew up in Marion, IN. We had a big pipe organ at the Marion Coliseum. Every year they had at least one fundraiser at which they showed old silent movies. It's where I fell in love with the work of Lon Chaney. The man was genius.

BTW, the old junior high I went to in 7th grade didn't have a gym. For our gym classes, we rode the bus to the Marion Coliseum. Imagine how many organ jokes a bunch of junior high kids in the 70's came up with. We moved to the new junior high when I started 8th grade. Gym class was never the same.
Putting Andrew Lloyd-Webber's version aside for a moment, Lon Chaney's Phantom Of The Opera is by far and away the best telling of the story. It's more fun when you have a theatre organist with a sense of humor. My friends, Walt Stroney and Dave Wickerham, find just the right pieces to play at the right time - like when the citizens are chasing the Phantom and Christine down in the sewers - they play the Fire Dance when they're lighting torches, the Hornpipe from Handel's Water Music when the Phantom floods the crowd and the Sabre Dance during sword play.

Most of it goes right past the crowds that have no idea what any of that music is.

It has been so long since I've seen Phantom by ALW... need to go get it from the library and watch again...

Rae -

Check out the "Potatoe Question" thread... questions about a potato show.

katie0128 said:
It has been so long since I've seen Phantom by ALW... need to go get it from the library and watch again...
I've seen it on stage four times (twice in Milwaukee, Chicago and New York) and would see it again on stage in a hearbeat. The best performance was probably at the Auditorium Theatre in Chicago but nothing tops the experience of seeing a show on Broadway. (I feel fortunate to have seen Donny Osmand as Joseph at the Chicago Theatre, too.)

Of course, being an Andrew Lloyd Webber show, you know someone is going to fly before the night is over.

The_Kitchen_Guy said:
I've seen it on stage four times (twice in Milwaukee, Chicago and New York) and would see it again on stage in a hearbeat. The best performance was probably at the Auditorium Theatre in Chicago but nothing tops the experience of seeing a show on Broadway. (I feel fortunate to have seen Donny Osmand as Joseph at the Chicago Theatre, too.)Of course, being an Andrew Lloyd Webber show, you know someone is going to fly before the night is over.
I have never seen Phantom on stage. I've always wanted to, but never have - I'm probably the biggest fan to have never seen it live.:( However - I have seen Joseph with Donny Osmond.....and was absolutely spellbound thru the whole performance. The only other Broadway show I've seen is Lion King. The most recent one that I would just love to see is Wicked.
The GR Broadway Theatre Guild just got a reprieve on some debts owed, and is in the process of reorganizing, so I am looking forward to seeing what traveling Broadway Shows may be coming to GR soon - since I don't make it to the "big cities" very often!

The_Kitchen_Guy said:
I've seen it on stage four times (twice in Milwaukee, Chicago and New York) and would see it again on stage in a hearbeat. The best performance was probably at the Auditorium Theatre in Chicago but nothing tops the experience of seeing a show on Broadway. (I feel fortunate to have seen Donny Osmand as Joseph at the Chicago Theatre, too.)

Of course, being an Andrew Lloyd Webber show, you know someone is going to fly before the night is over.

We were able to see Phatom in Toronto. Awesome. The theatre was newly renovated (this was several years ago) and those renovations were completed, in part, with staging Phatom in mind. Great stuff. There were a zillion (or so it seemed) little trap doors where the candles came out of the floor. It was lovely. Every once in awhile I put in my CD and relive the experience.

Nothing beats live theatre. We saw Wicked in Chicago. I think that was February 2006. It was great fun.

Becky, you're just not that far away from Chicago to NOT go and see Wicked! It's worth the trip, trust me.Jeanine, I heard, back in the early '90s, that the company in Toronto was the best of all the Phantom productions, but I was never able to go there. I am also convinced that the script used in the road company versions is cut from the Broadway production. I could be wrong, but I seem to remember a lot more of the Phantom's back story coming out during the New York version than I remember in the road company versions.Either way, I find the Phantom to be the most sympathetic and likable villan of any show...I can relate to his tragic emotions more than any character in a show, with, perhaps, the exception of King Arthur in Camelot.I have only hope of creating a character like him in any of my stories.(PS - Did you read Wicked before you went to the show?)

KG- I really have to lend you Maskerade by Terry Pratchett. It's part of a series of books set in another world. Luckily, most of them are completely acceptable as stand-alone books. Maskerade is very loosely based on Phantom, only the pretty girl can't sing and there's much comic chaos.

Great! I read Witches Abroad.

Then you'll totally get Maskerade. It's another in the sub-series about the witches. Magrat's off being queen, and her replacement in the coven (such as it is) heads off to Ankh-Morpork to be an opera singer. Nanny Ogg and Granny Weatherwax end up there, too, with Greebo in tow. One of the storylines has to do with a cookbook with suggestive/aphrodisiac recipes and an opera singer who isn't as foreign as he appears (we all know things that are imported are better, right?). A couple of the city guards appear - the guards make up the larges sub-series in Pratchett's books and are hilarious.

Sounds intersting...

What is the title and who is the author? I'll have to pick these up from the library when I get my Phantom movie!

I always wanted to start a hi-jackable thread! I went out of town for a few days and came back to this wonderful entertainment!!!

Thanks for hi-jacking me!!!

What's the countdown until MSgt leaves? How are you guys holding up? Can we do anything for you - other than help you feel loved by continually hijacking your thread?

<----- BTW... check it out, while you were gone, I became a stripper, too! Yippee!

Katie, the book(s) KG and I were referencing are from the Discworld series by Terry Pratchett. They're fantasy farce, although the first few entries in the series aren't as good as the later stuff. There are about 30 books in the series now, plus 4 or so in a related series aimed at young adults. I've got all of them :)

The puns, while not as pervasive as those in the Xanth series by Piers Anthony, are still pretty good. Most have to do with modern things being seen through the eyes of a culture that's not yet through the middle ages, technology-wise. For example, Soul Music is about a band that plays "Music with Rocks In" (rock music), only they call it that because the percussion section is a troll, beating on rocks with a stick. The lead singer is Bud y Ceylyn. Ceylyn supposedly means "holly" in his native language, so his name is kinda "Buddy Holly". :rolleyes: Moving Pictures is about a fledgling movie industry - pretty hard in a land where the cameras are boxes containing imps who paint pictures really fast.

The latest couple of entries in the series have dealt with tabloids and freedom of the press (The Truth) and email. Only they call it "clacks" because it's transmitted via semaphore towers and they make a clacking sound when they move.

katie0128 said:
What's the countdown until MSgt leaves? How are you guys holding up? Can we do anything for you - other than help you feel loved by continually hijacking your thread?

<----- BTW... check it out, while you were gone, I became a stripper, too! Yippee!

Congratulations! I told my 15 year old that I was a stripper...I love freaking her out!!!

DH is scheduled to leave July 8...but he's supposed to be in country July 8 too! They haven't been able to get him a port call for the 6th, but they're working on it.

Thanks for checking in!

Okay...... I have the star I need to get the stripes..... I wonder how close I am to getting those???......... but I am not pink?? what does pink mean??? hehehe

It means you don't wear MK products.Okay, okay, okay...it really means you don't have enough posts for pink.

The_Kitchen_Guy said:
(PS - Did you read Wicked before you went to the show?)

Yes, did you? I was pleasntly surprised. I don't want to say anything more here about that (for all those who may see the production). . .

Last edited:
I best get to posting then huh??? LOL

Leah- the bars are for Gold Supporters, who pay $20 for their membership instead of $5.

chefjeanine said:
Yes, did you? I was pleasntly surprized. I don't want to say anything more here about that (for all those who may see the production). . .
Yes, I did and that's what sparked my interest. You're right, too.

The clockwork dragon means nothing to those who haven't read the book, and I suspect most of the clockwork theme of the sets is also lost to them. It has no affect on the play, though.

mommyhugz1978 said:
I best get to posting then huh??? LOL
Post sluts are made, not born, and this is how it happens!

chefann said:
Leah- the bars are for Gold Supporters, who pay $20 for their membership instead of $5.

What the heck is this stripper thing everyone is talking about???? I guess when I renew my CS membership I will pay for the gold support.

The stripper thing is the first star. It used to be yellow, but was changed. Many of the people who had yellow stars were suddenly stripped of the yellow. Hence, "stripper star."

It's the outline star you get at 800 posts.

Got ya......and the more you post the more your star changes colors??

Yep. Right now, there are stripper, yellow, pink and blue stars. Yours is yellow. :) Deb and Greg have purple stars because they're the moderators.

One of these days I will get all of this in my head LOL

mommyhugz1978 said:
One of these days I will get all of this in my head LOL
I have FAR more important things to keep track of in my head, like the Model A Cabrioet was introduced in 1929, Charles Martin defeated the Moors at the Battle of Tours in 768 and the Winkies acted as Palace Guards for the Wizard of Oz.

Speaking of, L. Frank Baum's overcoat (L. Frank Baum wrote The Wizard of Oz) was unknowingly purchased at a second hand store and worn by Profesor Marvel in the 1939 movie that starred Judy Garland. His name was sewn into the pocket. Another important piece of info stored in my repositpory is that Buddy Ebsen (a hoofer better known as Jed Clampet and Barnaby Jones) had the role of The Tin Man but almost died from an alergic reaction to the silver makeup and had to forfeit the role while he recovered.

The_Kitchen_Guy said:
I have FAR more important things to keep track of in my head, like the Model A Cabrioet was introduced in 1929, Charles Martin defeated the Moors at the Battle of Tours in 768 and the Winkies acted as Palace Guards for the Wizard of Oz.

Speaking of, L. Frank Baum's overcoat (L. Frank Baum wrote The Wizard of Oz) was unknowingly purchased at a second hand store and worn by Profesor Marvel in the 1939 movie that starred Judy Garland. His name was sewn into the pocket. Another important piece of info stored in my repositpory is that Buddy Ebsen (a hoofer better known as Jed Clampet and Barnaby Jones) had the role of The Tin Man but almost died from an alergic reaction to the silver makeup and had to forfeit the role while he recovered.

That's a fun piece of Movie Trivia!

The_Kitchen_Guy said:

your quite the funny guy aren't you KG!!!!

I'm a veritable walking compendium of useless information.

This has been another useless fact from the brain of KG. :)

Someone asked me why I never went on Jeopardy. Thy don't have my category - "I'll take Useless Cr4p for $100, Alex."

We are blessed to benefit from your vast store of usel . . . umm, knowledge.Since I love old movies, I've had the pleasure of seeing Buddy Ebsen dance. He was amazing. I believe he and Donald O'Connor are two of the best ever, followed very closely by Gene Kelly. Those men could move.

The_Kitchen_Guy said:
The outside lane, as you predicted, is closed for half of the span today. I hate driving on steel decking, anyway (drawbridges and the Newell Bridge between Newell, WV and East Liverpool, OH) and today was no exception. That sound on the tires gives me the willies.

I kinda miss that sound... We had 2 drawbridges in the town I grew up in. It was the only way to get accross the Piscataqua (say that one 3 times fast) to Maine.

My friends and fam are always amazed how well I do at trivial pursuit (one of my fav games)

I always tell them I'm just and encyclopedia of useless information (that can't spll worth a darn!)

LOL

raebates said:
We are blessed to benefit from your vast store of usel . . . umm, knowledge.

Since I love old movies, I've had the pleasure of seeing Buddy Ebsen dance. He was amazing. I believe he and Donald O'Connor are two of the best ever, followed very closely by Gene Kelly. Those men could move.
Most people don't realize that Ol' Jed was a hoofer, and a good one.

etteluap70PC said:
I kinda miss that sound... We had 2 drawbridges in the town I grew up in. It was the only way to get accross the Piscataqua (say that one 3 times fast) to Maine.
I hate drawbridges. I just do.

The Newell Bridge (runs from Newell, WV to East Liverpool, Ohio) was built in 1897 by the Homer Laughlin Company so employees could get to work more easilly. It is a suspension bridge with steel decking. Lemme tell ya - the 50¢ toll is the equivalent of the old Wally World D ticket.

raebates said:
We are blessed to benefit from your vast store of usel . . . umm, knowledge.

Since I love old movies, I've had the pleasure of seeing Buddy Ebsen dance. He was amazing. I believe he and Donald O'Connor are two of the best ever, followed very closely by Gene Kelly. Those men could move.

I've seen Buddy dance too - Old movies - ESPECIALLY old musicals, are one of my favorite "just for me to relax" things to do.
Singin' In The Rain, with Donald O'Connor dancing to "Make 'em Laugh" is one of the all time classics - and he and Gene Kelly made it look so easy! I love that movie!

The Furry Guy loves Shirley Temple movies. That's where I first saw Mr. Ebsen tip the light fantastic. Amazing.

That scene with Barnaby and Shirley Temple dancing is astoundng.

raebates said:
The Furry Guy loves Shirley Temple movies. That's where I first saw Mr. Ebsen tip the light fantastic. Amazing.

That's the one! I had in my mind a scene of him dancing w/ a little girl - but I couldn't place it. Shirley Temple - of course!:)

At times I was sure the man rubber instead of bones. People just don't move like that.

<h2>1. What do you mean by becoming a "Stripper" on Pampered Chef?</h2><p>When you reach 750 posts on Pampered Chef's online community, you become a "Stripper". This is a fun term for reaching a certain level of participation and recognition within the community.</p><h2>2. Is there a specific number of posts I need to reach to become a "Stripper"?</h2><p>The number of posts needed to become a "Stripper" may vary, as the community and its features may change over time. However, reaching 750 posts is a common milestone for becoming a "Stripper".</p><h2>3. What benefits come with being a "Stripper" on Pampered Chef?</h2><p>Becoming a "Stripper" means that you have been an active and valued member of the Pampered Chef community. This may come with special recognition, perks, or opportunities to participate in exclusive events or promotions.</p><h2>4. Can I still participate in the community without becoming a "Stripper"?</h2><p>Absolutely! Becoming a "Stripper" is just one aspect of participation in the Pampered Chef community. You can still engage in discussions, share recipes and tips, and connect with other members without reaching this milestone.</p><h2>5. How can I track my progress towards becoming a "Stripper"?</h2><p>You can track your post count and progress towards becoming a "Stripper" by checking your profile page on the Pampered Chef community website. You can also reach out to the community moderators for more information on the current requirements for becoming a "Stripper".</p>

1. What do you mean by becoming a "Stripper" on Pampered Chef?

When you reach 750 posts on Pampered Chef's online community, you become a "Stripper". This is a fun term for reaching a certain level of participation and recognition within the community.

2. Is there a specific number of posts I need to reach to become a "Stripper"?

The number of posts needed to become a "Stripper" may vary, as the community and its features may change over time. However, reaching 750 posts is a common milestone for becoming a "Stripper".

3. What benefits come with being a "Stripper" on Pampered Chef?

Becoming a "Stripper" means that you have been an active and valued member of the Pampered Chef community. This may come with special recognition, perks, or opportunities to participate in exclusive events or promotions.

4. Can I still participate in the community without becoming a "Stripper"?

Absolutely! Becoming a "Stripper" is just one aspect of participation in the Pampered Chef community. You can still engage in discussions, share recipes and tips, and connect with other members without reaching this milestone.

5. How can I track my progress towards becoming a "Stripper"?

You can track your post count and progress towards becoming a "Stripper" by checking your profile page on the Pampered Chef community website. You can also reach out to the community moderators for more information on the current requirements for becoming a "Stripper".

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• kam
  • General Chat
Replies
Views
Admin Greg
Replies
Views
ilovpc
Replies
Views
Jolie_Paradoxe