• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Would anyone know how to keep the Chef tongs open?I have a customer

Mar 22, 2005
Would anyone know how to keep the Chef tongs open?
I have a customer whose having problems that it keeps locking on her.

Thanks!!
Giselle

stephanieboyd

Gold Member
Jan 26, 2006
She will want to keep them pointed downward when she wants them open and tilt them up when she wants to lock them. The little latching mechanism will losen up after some use.

Hope this helps!!

Mar 22, 2005
But...

Is there a way to permanently leave it open?
She doesn't like that specific feature and wants to be able to
just undo the locking mechanism....
Is there a way to do that??

soonerchef

Veteran Member
Feb 17, 2006
I don't think you can take the locking mechanism out. She can't just leave it open by not closing it? And, why does she not want them to close, the locking mechanism on the Chef's Tongs is what makes them great IMO!

stephanieboyd

Gold Member
Jan 26, 2006
Nope. But the grilling tongs do that!! I know that isn't much help right now, but it might get you another sale?? I have found that once you get used to the locking feature, it gets easier to work with. Maybe she will get used to using them.

Mar 22, 2005
I guess she's not used to it and wants it to work like a regular one.
She mentioned that it's annoying...that I guess it keeps closing on her.
Is there a way to keep that from happening?

Thanks everyone so much for all your help!!

stephanieboyd

Gold Member
Jan 26, 2006
Maybe she can rig it so that the locking mechanism doesn't fall backward. Like stick a twist tie in it or something. I really do think she will get used to it if she gives it a while to become habit. It was annoying to me as well, but once I made it a habit, they are great!! They are definitely better than the old Nylon Tongs!! Those were awful, not only did they stay open...but they wouldn't close or grab very well!!