• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Are Thomas & Friends Wooden Trains Safe from Lead Paint Hazards?

In summary, the recall is for wooden trains and a few buildings that may have lead paint. Toys made in the US are not affected, but toys made in other countries may be.
TerraOB83
Gold Member
I got an email today saying that they are recalling some of the wooden trains and a few of the buildings due to them having lead paint here is the link for the recall

http://www.cpsc.gov/cpscpub/prerel/prhtml07/07212.html

Thank you so much for posting this!! My 3 yr old loves Thomas, and has a ton of Thomas and Friends toys - including some of the wooden sets. I will have to take a closer look at that list, and see if he has any of them.

I think the recall was for toys that were painted red

Thank you so much! My friend's son is a huge fan. I don't think hers and my son's toys are affected but you just never know!

my son loves thomas to we have quite a few things that we have to send back you would think a toy company would use non-toxic paint

my son has ALL of those!! he has almost every train you can find in stores and then some!

Thank you so much for posting this. I called a local Thomas dealer to verify, yes, it is true. I know we have atleast 4 trains to send in. And I sent it to my mom's club.

Great! [rolling eyes]. I have lots of the items on this list AND my two youngest have put more of these toys in their mouths than I care to think about! One more headache for mommies!!!!!

Yes, thanks Terra - checking our whole 5 of them. :) I can't keep track of that few though but the kids know them!

I'd agree that after all the YEARS of scares of lead paint when we were growing up that this shouldn't have happened. You'd think they would know what materials they were using?!?!

your all welome riley has so many of them that we have to send back

janetupnorth said:
I'd agree that after all the YEARS of scares of lead paint when we were growing up that this shouldn't have happened. You'd think they would know what materials they were using?!?!
Were they made in the US or overseas? Many overseas factories aren't as stringent about those things.

Related to Are Thomas & Friends Wooden Trains Safe from Lead Paint Hazards?

What are the recommended age range for Wooden Thomas & Friends Trains?

The recommended age range for Wooden Thomas & Friends Trains is 2-5 years old. These trains are designed for young children to play and learn with.

Are Wooden Thomas & Friends Trains compatible with other wooden train tracks?

Yes, Wooden Thomas & Friends Trains are compatible with most other wooden train tracks, including Brio and Melissa & Doug.

Do the Wooden Thomas & Friends Trains come with any accessories or additional pieces?

Some Wooden Thomas & Friends Trains sets do come with additional pieces, such as buildings or bridges, but most sets only include the trains themselves. However, additional pieces can be purchased separately.

Are the Wooden Thomas & Friends Trains made of safe and durable materials?

Yes, all Wooden Thomas & Friends Trains are made from high-quality, sustainably sourced wood and are tested for safety. They are designed to withstand rough play by young children.

How can I clean and maintain my Wooden Thomas & Friends Trains?

To clean your Wooden Thomas & Friends Trains, simply wipe them down with a damp cloth. Avoid using harsh chemicals or submerging them in water. To maintain their quality, store them in a dry place when not in use.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• jrstephens
  • General Chat
Replies
Views
ginamkiely
  • KellyTheChef
  • General Chat
Replies
Views
ahammons
  • jrstephens