• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Iso Thomas the Train Wooden Set- Track and Cars

Deb - ask at your local Michael's. They might have a Thomas train set they are willing to sell at a discounted price.
KellyTheChef
Gold Member
Anyone have a Thomas the Train wooden set with cars/train pieces they would like to sell?

My 2 yr. DS is IN LOVE with these sets- they have one at the library here and at a restaurant we go to and he plays with them and enjoys them sooooo much. They are just SO EXPENSIVE to buy new!

Kelly,

I get my Thomas stuff at Michael's. You should check and see if your local store carries Thomas stuff. They have a 40% off coupon in the paper every Sunday. It's the best deal around.

DebbieJ said:
Kelly,

I get my Thomas stuff at Michael's. You should check and see if your local store carries Thomas stuff. They have a 40% off coupon in the paper every Sunday. It's the best deal around.
That's what we did too. They don't carry the full line, but it's definately worth it. Check with you local Michael's before you go - not all of them carry Thomas.

Please check to make sure they are safe. There was recently a recall on the wooden Thomas the Train toys due to lead paint.

mrssyvo said:
Please check to make sure they are safe. There was recently a recall on the wooden Thomas the Train toys due to lead paint.

Only the red and yellow things were affected. We only had one piece we needed to send back.

Kelly - not only do we share a birthday, our sons share a brain! My DS is 3 and TOTALLY in love with trains and Thomas.

He also thoroughly enjoys the Geo Trax systems - more so than Thomas even...he's created some pretty complex tracks - I think he's better than me now!

I say go with the Michaels idea if there is one in your area - those coupons are great (nearest one is too far from me) :( ...and watch rummage sales...

or childrens resale shops

ebay is also a good place to get them i got quite a few for ds on there cheaper than toys r us

Kelly its Labor Day weekend, and Michael's usually has a 50% off coupon for holidays. I've also seen some of the cars on clearance at Target.

janetupnorth said:
Kelly - not only do we share a birthday, our sons share a brain! My DS is 3 and TOTALLY in love with trains and Thomas. He also thoroughly enjoys the Geo Trax systems - more so than Thomas even...he's created some pretty complex tracks - I think he's better than me now!

I say go with the Michaels idea if there is one in your area - those coupons are great (nearest one is too far from me) :( ...and watch rummage sales...
LOL!

I will definately check out Michaels after I save some of their coupons! I would have NEVER thought to check there!

Thanks for all the ideas ladies!

I have found them at Dirt Cheap too. My Dirt Cheap has a Thomas Train Table right now for $60.

One of my best friends just got Luke a HUGE wooden set with tracks, add-ons, and trains at a yard sale. She paid about $15 for it. And from what I could find online the other night it would be around $300 for it new. And some of the add-ons I did not see, so, I am thinking they are retired and worth even more.

LUKE LOVES THOMAS!! That's really about the only thing he is really "into."

We have been doing the TakeALong magnet ones but now he is getting into the wooden ones. I

I have another friend that was going to throw an old train table away and I got it for FREE and cleaned it up for him.

It is ridulous what these things costs for kids to play with!! Luke keeps asking for Cranky and the one I found the other night was almost $100. I am going to have to search for a smaller scaled one that the one I saw. Or Santa will have to bring it for him.

Oh and I have seen a lot at Michael's too.

missydivine said:
Kelly its Labor Day weekend, and Michael's usually has a 50% off coupon for holidays. I've also seen some of the cars on clearance at Target.

Two things....
--the 50% off coupon is usually off REGULAR PRICED merchandise only and wouldn't you know it, the whole darn store goes on sale when that coupon runs. :mad:
--Target does not carry the WOODEN RAILWAY and the ones they do carry are not compatible with the wooden set

DebbieJ said:
Two things....
--the 50% off coupon is usually off REGULAR PRICED merchandise only and wouldn't you know it, the whole darn store goes on sale when that coupon runs. :mad:
--Target does not carry the WOODEN RAILWAY and the ones they do carry are not compatible with the wooden set

Deb - ask at Michael's - at ours in Racine, you could use the coupon on a sale item and they would charge you 50% off the regular full price. It was always cheaper than the sale even that way.

This might be worthwhile - don't know current prices...he could then run his Thomas cars on it...

http://www.amazon.com/dp/B000MMQ5Y6/?tag=pfamazon01-20

Ok, can I add I am thankful that my 3 year old is in love with something "nice" vs. all the crappy cartoons out there?!?!?!

janetupnorth said:
Ok, can I add I am thankful that my 3 year old is in love with something "nice" vs. all the crappy cartoons out there?!?!?!

The cartoons are awful aren't they?! It is ridiculous when you have to screen anything animated to make sure it is appropriate for children. I do not let Luke watch ANYTHING on Cartoon Network. We stick to PBS, NOGIN and BOOM. We watch a lot of DVDs and I record him Thomas and Clifford to have on the DVR.

Clifford is one of our favorites too! I do allow them to watch Mickey Mouse Clubhouse on TV, that's about it.

It would take me a year to find all the train & track peices:eek: but I do have a ton of books you can have if you want to pay shipping. I can put them in a flat rate box...what's that $4.65 or something?

My son has a serious Thomas addiction! I have found that the trains, tracks and pieces that they sell at toys are u are nice. They have their own brand, that is quite a bit cheaper. Also, Costco sometimes has tables with track and everything at a really good price.

kelly.. my son is also in love with thomas, his whole playroom is done in thomas. we got most of them 40% off at ac moore. have you ever checked garage sales?

reba515 said:
It would take me a year to find all the train & track peices:eek: but I do have a ton of books you can have if you want to pay shipping. I can put them in a flat rate box...what's that $4.65 or something?

If Kelly doesn't take you up on the books, I'd LOVE to have some for my son!

Pm'd ya Janet

DD-15 (soon), DS 10, DS 5

Go ahead say I'm crazy having a 5 year space :) !

cuz that's how I feel

reba515 said:
DD-15 (soon), DS 10, DS 5

Go ahead say I'm crazy having a 5 year space :) !

cuz that's how I feel

At least you won't have to deal with Empty Nest Syndrome all at one time!

oh I could only wish ! :angel: just kiddin'

The little one had his 1st day of kindergarten today...could have cried but I didn't, mixed emotions I guess :balloon:
I was happy to see him come home though.

so far I have dug out 13 2-in-1 books (2 seperate stories each book,hardcover & like new) and 3 soft cover books

anyone?

reba515 said:
so far I have dug out 13 2-in-1 books (2 seperate stories each book,hardcover & like new) and 3 soft cover books

anyone?

I sent a pm'd to u.

ooh sorry 1 of the soft cover books is Jay Jay the Jet Plane

Oh, you are bringing back memories. My son loved his wooden Thomas train set! Sorry, but I'm storing them away for him to have later. Call me crazy! My Mom never saved any of our toys so I have a really hard time getting rid of any of my kids!

My son also loved anything dinosaur. He watched all of the Jurrasic Park movies over and over again. He was only about 3 at the time! I know, crazy. I couldn't believe he actually liked them! He was never scared of them, just fascinated.

Reba - I pm'd you again...I'm waiting patiently in line after Kelly...I pm'd her to answer you since you offered to her first.

Thanks!
Janet

pampchefrhondab said:
Oh, you are bringing back memories. My son loved his wooden Thomas train set! Sorry, but I'm storing them away for him to have later. Call me crazy! My Mom never saved any of our toys so I have a really hard time getting rid of any of my kids!

My son also loved anything dinosaur. He watched all of the Jurrasic Park movies over and over again. He was only about 3 at the time! I know, crazy. I couldn't believe he actually liked them! He was never scared of them, just fascinated.

I want to save my kids little people toys, which I believe we have almost all of them:blushing: but my DH keeps telling me NO!

Jennie4PC said:
I want to save my kids little people toys, which I believe we have almost all of them:blushing: but my DH keeps telling me NO!
I keep thinking it's time to get rid of them. Then they start playing with all of them.

Something has to give, we have way too much stuff! Sorry I don't have any Thomas.

It's not Thomas, but the Toys R Us circular for 9/2-9/8 has an Imaginarium Sound City Railway Train Table for 71.98, marked down from 149.99.

Wow! Thanks for the tip Ann...I will look to see if it would be a close match. I want something that as he gets older he can "build" and change around the track so he has to think about it!

Ann...

You are THE BEST!!! I just called my TRU here and they have them in stock. They put one back for me and we will be picking it up tomorrow after church!! I looked at it on the web, and it IS compatible with Thomas track pieces and trains! Cool! I am so excited!!

http://www.forumup.com/images/smiles/slider_thankyou.gifhttp://www.forumup.com/images/smiles/slider_thankyou.gifhttp://www.forumup.com/images/smiles/slider_thankyou.gifhttp://www.forumup.com/images/smiles/slider_thankyou.gifhttp://www.forumup.com/images/smiles/slider_thankyou.gif

BTW-

If anyone else is thinking of something like this (even for Christmas) I gotta tell you...this sale one that Ann found is a SUPER DEAL! I have been looking online for a few days and NOTHING touches this price. Read the reviews, too...almost all of them are 5 stars!

I thought it would be compatible. My sister was in town last weekend and was complaining because they have an Ikea train set, and it's the one set on the market that's not compatible with the others. :( I made a point today, while at Ikea with Mom, to pick up their expansion sets for my nephew, since I bought him the basic set last year.

I just dug through my kids old toys and found this bunch of Thomas Trains left over from when we passed the Thomas stuff down to a new baby cousin.
http://i218.photobucket.com/albums/cc133/carolyncooks2/PamperedChef.jpg
It's 7 cars in all - all well loved.
If anyone wants them, make an offer - I'll probably find a few more in the downstairs toy bucket - but as it stands right now the lot of them weighs just about one pound so shipping should be reasonable.

Kelly, I'm sure your DS will love the Imaginarium train table... my dad bought the Function Junction table for my son a couple of Christmas' ago. Since then he's gotten several of the wooden Thomas toys, and I love that they're compatible with the table and tracks he already had! I'm so glad that he's not the only little Thomas addict out there! lol Now my youngest is starting to like Thomas, so I guess it's a good thing we have some duplicates! :) Trust me, I wish I could get rid of some of their Thomas stuff... it's taking over the house! lol Sorry I can't help!

Does anyone know if you can buy replacement panel for the tables?? Ours are looking very worn.

Just PM'd you Carolyn!

Ashlee~

Yes, I found replacement boards for sale when I was researching prices the other day! Just do a google search for Thomas the Train table inserts!

Really? Do you happen to know where?

http://www.allaboardtoys.com/thomas_the_tank_engine_train_and_friends/train_tables/thomas_train_two-sided_playboard.asp

Here is one link...looks pretty expensive for the "Thomas" ones!

Look for other brands!

Thanks so much!! I kept meaning to look for them, but completely forgot until I read this thread! lol

Oh, I think I like that one... it looks like it's all one piece! The one we have now is split into 3 sections, and my youngest DS likes to pull it up while his brother is playing! (yep, he's our little trouble-maker! lol) Thanks again!

Related to Iso Thomas the Train Wooden Set- Track and Cars

1. How many pieces come in the Iso Thomas the Train Wooden Set?

The Iso Thomas the Train Wooden Set typically comes with around 60-70 pieces, including tracks, trains, and other accessories.

2. Are the Iso Thomas the Train Wooden Set pieces compatible with other wooden train sets?

Yes, the Iso Thomas the Train Wooden Set is compatible with other wooden train sets, such as Brio and Melissa & Doug. This allows for even more possibilities and creativity when building train tracks.

3. How durable are the Iso Thomas the Train Wooden Set pieces?

The Iso Thomas the Train Wooden Set pieces are made with high-quality, durable materials to withstand rough play. However, like any toy, they may show signs of wear and tear over time.

4. Can additional cars and train pieces be purchased separately?

Yes, additional cars and train pieces can be purchased separately to expand your Iso Thomas the Train Wooden Set collection. This allows for more customization and variety in building train tracks.

5. Do you have any tips for finding a used Thomas the Train wooden set for a lower price?

One option is to check online marketplaces such as eBay or Facebook Marketplace for used sets being sold by individuals. You can also try searching for local consignment stores or thrift shops that may carry the wooden sets. Lastly, keep an eye out for sales or discounts at major retailers that sell the Iso Thomas the Train Wooden Set.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

Replies
Views
chefann
  • KellyTheChef
  • General Chat
Replies
Views
buckeyefan08
  • janetupnorth
  • General Chat
Replies