• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Another Recll: Toys "R" Us Recalls Coloring Cases

In summary, Toys "R" Us has recalled 27,000 Imaginarium Wooden Coloring Cases made in China due to concerns of lead contamination in the packaging and watercolor paint. No injuries have been reported and consumers are advised to return the product for store credit. The recall follows a series of Chinese-made toy recalls, leading to calls for keeping manufacturing in the USA and Canada. The issue of lead contamination in various products, including toys and pet food, has raised concerns and sparked discussions on the outsourcing of jobs. Questions have also been raised about the safety of other products, such as Simple Addition pieces, that are made in China.
jrstephens
Toys "R" Us has recalled 27,000 crayon and paint sets made in China because the packaging of the wooden box contains lead, as does some of the watercolor paint within, company and government officials said Thursday.

No injuries have been reported from the use of the Imaginarium Wooden Coloring Cases, according to the U.S. Consumer Product Safety Commission.

The case includes crayons, pastels, colored pencils, fiber pens, paintbrush, pencil, water colors, palette, white paint, ruler and pencil sharpener in a light tan wooden carrying case. The case measures about 14 inches high by 19 inches wide.

Toys "R" Us sold the case nationwide from October 2006 through this month for about $20.

Consumers are asked to take the products away from children and return them to the nearest "Toys "R" Us store for store credit, the CPSC said.

The recall follows Mattel Inc.'s July recall of 19 million Chinese-made toys, including dolls, cars and action figures. Some of the items were contaminated with lead paint. Others had small magnets that children might swallow.

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20070830/ap_on_re_us/toys__r__us_recall

ok seriously, i'm so sick of this china b-s!!! why is it that everytime i turn on the tv there is something form china that could potentially harm my son!! so far we've had everything that's been recalled, thomas trains, this crayon set, elmo toys, dog food!! come on. we need to STOP outsourcing our jobs and keep everything MADE IN THE USA! (let me also say i'm not trying to offend any chinese people in this statement, my husband's half-sister are both chinese, but enough is enough!!!)

ginamkiely said:
we need to STOP outsourcing our jobs and keep everything MADE IN THE USA!

I agree, but may I add....MADE IN CANADA too!! :D

ginamkiely said:
ok seriously, i'm so sick of this china b-s!!! why is it that everytime i turn on the tv there is something form china that could potentially harm my son!! so far we've had everything that's been recalled, thomas trains, this crayon set, elmo toys, dog food!! come on. we need to STOP outsourcing our jobs and keep everything MADE IN THE USA! (let me also say i'm not trying to offend any chinese people in this statement, my husband's half-sister are both chinese, but enough is enough!!!)
I totally agree it is so scary that now we have to be careful what "safe" toys we give or children! It is so maddening:mad: but thanks for posting the recall because I havent seen it yet...

Canada is fine with me. lol. It's just insane. did anyone ever watch that show 30 days with the guy that made Super Size Me. It was about job outsourcing and he went to India and did the same job an american guy lost here for pennies. Is the US getting so greedy (or spending so much on the war) that we can't even worry about making jobs for our own and keeping American money in America? Nowadays it's so rare to see something stamped MADE IN THE USA. There's clearly something wrong with this picture!!

Carissidy said:
I totally agree it is so scary that now we have to be careful what "safe" toys we give or children! It is so maddening:mad: but thanks for posting the recall because I havent seen it yet...

Don't forget careful we have to be buying DOG and CAT food. It's crazy!!!!!!!!

We'll have to go back to our grand-parents ways and give our kids toys we made out of wood and make our own dog and cat food!!! :grumpy:

Did you see that they aslo recalled bibs from China? I saw this and my thoughts were what next. I hate the thought of exposing my children to lead. I know it is everywhere but toys is the last place to expect them. My DD #2 started having seizures when she was 1yrs old I had a lead test done (we moved to a different place right before her seizures started) her lead levels were elevated but wont cause any problems but the minute I put a filter on our water her seizures stopped.

I had a fellow consultant do a fair last night and the question came up regarding our Simple Addition pieces. The customer said that our SA pieces are marked "Made in China" and was wondering if those are painted with the lead that is being recalled? Good question that hopefully Home Office will address sometime soon since it seems to be a big topic now. Does anyone here know?

PC1 said:
I had a fellow consultant do a fair last night and the question came up regarding our Simple Addition pieces. The customer said that our SA pieces are marked "Made in China" and was wondering if those are painted with the lead that is being recalled? Good question that hopefully Home Office will address sometime soon since it seems to be a big topic now. Does anyone here know?

could you imagine?? we would never sell another piece of SA again. Once something is recalled I most likely won't buy it again regardless. Maybe that's just me!

Related to Another Recll: Toys "R" Us Recalls Coloring Cases

What is the reason for the recall of the Toys "R" Us Coloring Cases?

The Toys "R" Us Coloring Cases are being recalled due to a potential safety hazard. The zipper pull on the cases can detach and pose a choking hazard to young children.

How many units are being recalled?

Approximately 53,000 units of the Toys "R" Us Coloring Cases are being recalled.

What should I do if I have purchased one of the recalled Coloring Cases?

If you have purchased one of the recalled Coloring Cases, you should immediately stop using it and return it to any Toys "R" Us store for a full refund.

Are there any reported incidents or injuries related to the recalled Coloring Cases?

There have been five reports of the zipper pulls detaching from the cases, but no injuries have been reported at this time.

Can I still purchase products from Toys "R" Us with confidence?

Yes, the safety of our customers is our top priority. We are working closely with the Consumer Product Safety Commission to ensure all products meet safety standards. In addition, we are taking steps to prevent similar issues from occurring in the future.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

Replies
Views
jrstephens
  • jrstephens
  • General Chat
Replies
Views
janetupnorth
Back