• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Wishing a Happy and Productive 2008!

In summary, Ann shared her weekly quotes and Lacey is struggling this week with her cruise goal. Lacey has pushed herself hard in the past few months and is disappointed that she didn't hit the goal but is still looking forward to the new year.
chefann
Gold Member
Hey, everyone!

Since I took the time to find appropriate quotes for the calendars I put together, I thought I'd share them each week. Yes, I know I'm late this week - I was off work and didn't actually open my calendar until today. (Bad consultant!)

January quote:
The highest reward for a man's toil is not what he gets for it, but what he becomes by it.
-- John Ruskin

12/30-1/5 weekly quote:
Happiness is not a state to arrive at, but a manner of traveling.
-- Margaret Lee Runbeck

Lacy's situation this week with the cruise seems to fit with that second quote. After pushing hard in December to hit the requirement, she realized this morning that she actually hadn't reached it. But rather than dwell on the disappointment, she had a good cry, brushed herself off, and set out to make this year even better. Her happiness is not dependent on earning the cruise - she made a conscious decision to be happy with the journey. And we all know that a journey goes more smoothly with a positive outlook.

Here's to a strong, productive, and positive 2008! Check back on Sunday for next week's quote.

chefann said:
Hey, everyone!

Since I took the time to find appropriate quotes for the calendars I put together, I thought I'd share them each week. Yes, I know I'm late this week - I was off work and didn't actually open my calendar until today. (Bad consultant!)

January quote:
The highest reward for a man's toil is not what he gets for it, but what he becomes by it.
-- John Ruskin

12/30-1/5 weekly quote:
Happiness is not a state to arrive at, but a manner of traveling.
-- Margaret Lee Runbeck

Lacy's situation this week with the cruise seems to fit with that second quote. After pushing hard in December to hit the requirement, she realized this morning that she actually hadn't reached it. But rather than dwell on the disappointment, she had a good cry, brushed herself off, and set out to make this year even better. Her happiness is not dependent on earning the cruise - she made a conscious decision to be happy with the journey. And we all know that a journey goes more smoothly with a positive outlook.

Here's to a strong, productive, and positive 2008! Check back on Sunday for next week's quote.
Thanks for posting Ann... I love positive quotes!

1/6-1/12 weekly quote:
To be happy, drop the words "if only" and substitute "next time."
-- Smiley Blanton

Ann-Thanks for sharing your weekly quotes. They really do help. :)

Thanks Ann! Loving the quotes and sharing them with my team!!

Thanks for the quotes.

Lacey, so sorry you missed your cruise. But, I am glad to see you aren't looking at is as a set back. If you were that close to the cruise you did some great selling and recruiting...which means great pay checks along the way. Keep up the good...great...work!!

I set my goal at the cruise too. However, I knew I was setting it high because I am just a hobby consultant. At NC they said set the goal you would love to earn...not what you think you can earn. So, I chose the cruise. I thought if I set it high and did more work than I normally do, then I would increase my contacts, business, and pay check...even if I didn't earn the cruise. And, I did. I didn't even reach level one, but I did do almost twice the business I normally do. I normally do 1 show each month...and usually it is a small catalog show. I worked a little harder, made more money, and even earned level 2 in the November S-A-T with over $2000 in sales. I know for most of you that is an every month thing, but I have never earned during S-A-T unless it was by doing 2 shows. I am looking forward to the new year and all it brings.

Keep Cookin' and Bookin'.

This is today's quote from my other calendar:
Nothing determines who we will become so much as those things we choose to ignore.
-- Sandor Minab

And, since I'll be in Cincinnati on the 10th, here's the quote for that day:
Before you begin a thing, remind yourself that difficulties and delays quite impossible to forsee are ahead... You can only see one thing clearly, and that is your goal. Form a mental vision of that and cling to it through thick and thin.
-- Kathleen Norris

chefann said:
And, since I'll be in Cincinnati on the 10th, here's the quote for that day:
Before you begin a thing, remind yourself that difficulties and delays quite impossible to forsee are ahead... You can only see one thing clearly, and that is your goal. Form a mental vision of that and cling to it through thick and thin.
-- Kathleen Norris

I REALLY like this one...

Me, too. That's why I used it in the calendar.

1/13-1/20 weekly quote:
Life is a great big canvas, and you should throw all the paint on it you can.
-- Danny Kaye

1/14 daily quote:
Once you say you're going to settle for second, that's what happens to you.
-- John F. Kennedy

1/20-1/26 weekly quote:
The chief danger in life is that you may take too many precautions.
-- Alfred Adler

1/23 daily quote:
Where no plan is laid, where the disposal of time is surrendered merely to the chance of the incident, chaos will soon reign.
-- Victor Hugo

How true.Thanks again, Ann, for putting the calendar together. I enjoy using it and the planner daily.

You're welcome. It's funny, but I put the quotes together fairly randomly. And now when I refer to it, the quote for the day is usually just what I need. It's creepy.

[Cue Twilight Zone theme.]

1/27-2/2 weekly quote:
If you really want something, you can figure out how to make it happen.
-- Cher

1/26 daily quote:
Fear lives in our reptile brains. Are you going to take advice from a lizard?
-- Martha Beck

Fear lives in our reptile brains. Are you going to take advice from a lizard?
-- Martha Beck

This made me immediately think of that Geico gekko. lol

As long as the gekko and the other voices in my head don't start talking to each other, I'll be good!

2/3-2/9 weekly quote:
Your work is to discover your work and then with all your heart to give yourself to it.
-- the Buddha

2/3 daily quote:
Make it a point to do something every day that you don't want to do. This is the golden rule for acquiring the habit of doing your duty without pain.
-- Samuel Clemens (Mark Twain)

Ann:

God knows what we need and when we need it. It is not creepy that your random quote turns out to be what you need for the day. That is God's blessing for you. He is always there when we need Him and He can deliver anything we need at anytime.

2/10-2/16 weekly quote:
Don't aim for success if you want it; just do what you love and believe in, and it will come naturally.
-- David Frost

2/17-2/23 weekly quote:
The best way to develop the best that is in a man is by appreciation and encouragement.
-- Charles Schwab

Hey, these are great. I've not read them before now. I really like the one about... oh shoot, I should have copied it. it had something to do with wasting time. Something I'm doing a lot of today. No, I'm resting.

chefann said:
2/17-2/23 weekly quote:
The best way to develop the best that is in a man is by appreciation and encouragement.
-- Charles Schwab

LOVE THIS! It is really what PC is all about, now isn't it??!!!

Hi Ann....how is unemployment going??? You may have talked about it elsewhere, but I am avoiding most posts on Chef Success at this point and trying to find only the positive stuff! You know I love a challenge ;)

Last edited:
2/24-3/1 weekly quote:
You may be disappointed if you fail, but you are doomed if you don't try.
-- Beverly Sills

March monthly quote:
You can have anything you want if you want it desperately enough. You must want it with an inner exuberance that erupts through the skin and joins the energy that created the world.
-- Sheila Graham

chefmeg said:
Hi Ann....how is unemployment going??? You may have talked about it elsewhere, but I am avoiding most posts on Chef Success at this point and trying to find only the positive stuff! You know I love a challenge
Hey, Meg. It's going well. I need to discipline myself to keep a daily schedule. It's too easy to put things off. BTW- were you the fabulous leader on Saturday's Step Up call? :)

Thanks for all of these Ann! I have a white board at my desk at work and I put quotes on it all the time. People love stopping by to see when there's a new one.

Lindsay, if you go to my Cafe Press shop (linked in my signature), there's a perpetual calendar that has a lot of great quotes in it. That's where I get the daily ones, when I post those.

Oh thanks!

Is it 1 page per day?

gotcha - thanks :)

chefann said:
2/24-3/1 weekly quote:
Hey, Meg. It's going well. I need to discipline myself to keep a daily schedule. It's too easy to put things off. BTW- were you the fabulous leader on Saturday's Step Up call? :)

Holy Moly...was that YOU!!!????

it was me and I really enjoyed that! I am glad I didn't know it was you because we would have gotten SOOOOO of course, wouldn't we??!!!

You'd be proud, Meg - I handed out 3 recruiting packets at my show yesterday! These gals were SOOOO fun. I'd totally love to work with any of them. But even if they don't sign, I'll be happy to be their consultant. There were 8 people at the show (inc. 2 co-hosts, but it was a FR, so their orders count toward the total), and it's at $558 with 2 bookings and the 3 recruit leads.

WAHOO

I AM very proud of you....now, the follow-up! If you don't follow-up with them, it is as if you wasted your money in getting those packets together....and I have already seen on another thread that you don't need to be wastin' any $$$$ girlie! ;)

chefann said:
You can have anything you want if you want it desperately enough. You must want it with an inner exuberance that erupts through the skin and joins the energy that created the world.
-- Sheila Graham

Sounds messy...

3/2-3/8 weekly quote:
The elevator to success is out of order. You'll have to use the stairs... one step at a time.
-- Joe Girard

With my luck, if there were an elevator to success, it would stop on the wrong floor.

raebates said:
With my luck, if there were an elevator to success, it would stop on the wrong floor.

I was thinking my elevator would either head to the basement or get stuck between floors!

3/9-3/15 weekly quote:
The important thing is to learn a lesson every time you lose.
-- John McEnroe

3/16-3/22 weekly quote:
As long as you can start, you are all right. The juice will come.
-- Ernest Hemingway

So sorry I slacked off on these lately, folks. I unearthed my calendar from under my pile o'junk on the couch, and remembered that I haven't posted these in a while.

4/27-5/3 weekly quote:
Behold the tortoise. He makes progress only when he sticks his neck out.
-- James B. Conant

5/4-5/10 weekly quote:
Our greatest glory lies not in never falling, but in rising every time we fall.
-- Confucius

May monthly quote:
The last of human freedoms - to choose one's attitude in any given set of circumstances, to choose one's own way.
-- Victor Frankl

5/11-5/17 weekly quote:
If you're not failing now and again, it's a sign that you're playing it too safe.
-- Woody Allen

"Thomas Edison tried 2,000 times before he perfected the incandescent light bulb. When asked about his many failures, he replied: 'I did not fail. I merely learned 2,000 ways NOT to make a light bulb'".
Nicolas Cage in the movie National Treasure

5/18-5/24 weekly quote:
Life doesn't require that we do the best - only that we try our best.
-- H. Jackson Brown

5/25-5/31 weekly quote:
Be like a postage stamp - stick to one thing until you get there.
-- Josh Billings

6/1 - 6/7 weekly quote:
The difference between good and great is just a little extra effort.
-- Duffy Daugherty

1. "What is the January quote for the Pampered Chef calendar?"

The January quote for the Pampered Chef calendar is "The highest reward for a man's toil is not what he gets for it, but what he becomes by it." by John Ruskin.

2. "What is the weekly quote for December 30th to January 5th on the Pampered Chef calendar?"

The weekly quote for December 30th to January 5th on the Pampered Chef calendar is "Happiness is not a state to arrive at, but a manner of traveling." by Margaret Lee Runbeck.

3. "Who is the author of the January quote on the Pampered Chef calendar?"

The author of the January quote on the Pampered Chef calendar is John Ruskin.

4. "How did Lacy's situation with the cruise this week reflect the weekly quote on the Pampered Chef calendar?"

Lacy's situation with the cruise this week reflects the weekly quote on the Pampered Chef calendar because she chose to focus on the journey rather than the end result. She found happiness in the process of working towards the cruise, rather than solely relying on earning it as her source of happiness. This aligns with the quote by Margaret Lee Runbeck, which emphasizes finding happiness in the journey rather than the destination.

5. "When can we expect the next quote on the Pampered Chef calendar?"

The next quote on the Pampered Chef calendar can be expected on Sunday, as the consultant will be sharing a new quote each week. Be sure to check back for the next inspiring quote!

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• Sheila
  • Recruiting and Team Leaders
Replies
Views
Admin Greg
  • PamperedJen76
  • Pampered Chef Support Group
Replies
Views
ChefDella
Replies