• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Winter Storm Watch: Accumulations of Over 6 Inches Expected

In summary, global warming is real, it's been going on for a long time and we should be more focused on reducing methane emissions from landfalls and rice farmers.
The_Kitchen_Guy
Silver Member
Winter Storm Watch for Thursday.

Accumulations of over 6" expected.

We've had 115" here so far this year...second snowiest Winter on record.

funmeter1.gif

I guess it wouldn't be nice then to tell you that it is a sunny 80 degrees here and has been for the past few weeks.

Global warming?????

Yes, and then it's headed across the lake towards us.

:yuck:

ChefBeckyD said:
Yes, and then it's headed across the lake towards us.

:yuck:

Gee, I just can't wait. :cry:

rebeccastt said:
I guess it wouldn't be nice then to tell you that it is a sunny 80 degrees here and has been for the past few weeks.
a_takethatfoo.gif
rebeccastt said:
Global warming?????
Yeah, where's Mr. Internet and Global Warming Inventor these days?

Last edited:
The_Kitchen_Guy said:

Somewhere down south and warm I'm sure!

Just what you need - more snow! :yuck:

Off to check our weather up here...we got about 2-3" last night but it was light and fluffy and melted today...

Well, we are to be "unseasonably" cold but 0-1" of snow if at all...Of course, 10-15 degree weather is a heat wave compared to -20 to -30 a month or so back so I'll take that over the snow...

The_Kitchen_Guy said:

Conveniently hiding.

Speaking of that GW topic...Tuesday, March 25, 2008
Human Climate Change Circa 6,000 BCHi folks, Jesse here again. As I always do on the holidays, I curled up on the couch at my mother-in-law's house on Easter Sunday and read a paper (that's right!) edition of Wired magazine, a technological rag that I've followed since its inception in the early 1990's, AKA Ye Olde College Days. On page 25 (the online edition is not out as of this writing, check the Wired website in the near future for the article) was an article entitled "Cooling the Globe? Been There, Done That."It was about a fellow named William Ruddiman, a retired climatologist, who says that humans started influencing the environment as early as 6,000 BC and that one of their biggest contributions was dying en masse around the year 1600, which reduced CO2 emissions by 10 parts per million.Rice Paddies - Big Offender? (AP Photo)Ruddiman's main points were that 1.) If we've been changing the climate that long, we should be able to steer it back on track and 2.) We should concentrate more on things like methane emissions from landfalls and rice farmers.Kind of funny...if there has been effects that long, which is pretty much since man has been on earth...like Global Warming is something new...DUH?!?!

I guess I wouldn't gain any sympathy by saying that we are suffering from major sinus headaches and allergies due to an early Spring....:eek: Everything is covered in yellow dust.

BeaLorene said:
I guess I wouldn't gain any sympathy by saying that we are suffering from major sinus headaches and allergies due to an early Spring....:eek: Everything is covered in yellow dust.

Nope, because here everyone is suffering from the flu only to be followed by spring allergies and sinus infections in a month or so...

Ohhhhh...it will be in the high 70's here this weekend..................

janetupnorth said:
Nope, because here everyone is suffering from the flu only to be followed by spring allergies and sinus infections in a month or so...
I guess we're lucky...we already did the flu bouts back in January...:rolleyes:

BeaLorene said:
I guess we're lucky...we already did the flu bouts back in January...:rolleyes:

We did too - the respiratory flu - this time it was the stomach flu... :yuck:

It's been a BAD year around here - even those who are normally VERY healthy have been getting sick.

You all can keep that white stuff up there!!

janetupnorth said:
We did too - the respiratory flu - this time it was the stomach flu... :yuck:

It's been a BAD year around here - even those who are normally VERY healthy have been getting sick.

Oh, you poor things! So far we've been lucky and haven't gotten the stomach bug, but everyone around us has. I guess I can't complain about the allergy stuff. It's supposed to rain this week, so that should help with all the 'yellow pixie dust' floating around. I hope you all feel better soon.

janetupnorth said:
Somewhere down south and warm I'm sure!
Selling his carbon credits door-to-door.

The_Kitchen_Guy said:
Selling his carbon credits door-to-door.

Oh, you had to mention carbon credits...don't get me started... :grumpy:

Talk about a bureaucratic scheme...

krzymomof4 said:
You all can keep that white stuff up there!!
Exactly what I was thinking! I SO hope we're done with snow.....I am beyond ready for a long spring.

Thanks for the weather report KG. I never have to watch the news with you around!

We are to get 2-5 heavy snow on Thursday, I already had the Shower reschedule to next week because of this!! UGH!

Well.....We all had shorts on this past weekend and short sleeves with capris today. I definately don't miss having all the snow! Sorry you all have had it so bad this year.

I'm hoping my weather man is correct. He doesn't believe the computer models. He says the possibility of getting 11" isn't likely. I sure hope he's correct. But, I did buy 2 new pairs of snow boots on clearance, and I'd love to wear them. That would be the upside...the only upside. My son starts outdoor Lacross practice tomorrow. That should be fun for him. Eek!

But La Crosse is in Wisconsin and you're in Michigan.
z0tdntknw.gif

Update...Now they're saying it's going to be too warm, and we'll get mostly rain, turning to snow later in the day with an accumulation of about 1".For crying out loud, if a meteorologist can't tell us what the weather is going to be in three days, how can Al Gore tell us what it's going to be in 25 years?

I have to chime in here. I don't usually, but I just had to turn on my AC because it so warm today here... Don't flick me in the eye...

The_Kitchen_Guy said:
Update...

Now they're saying it's going to be too warm, and we'll get mostly rain, turning to snow later in the day with an accumulation of about 1".

For crying out loud, if a meteorologist can't tell us what the weather is going to be in three days, how can Al Gore tell us what it's going to be in 25 years?

[/sarcasm]

'cause he is the great inventor of the Internet - he has all the information in his head.

[/end sarcasm] :p

Nope - no flicking!!No AC yet but we hit 53 degrees today. All that after 12.4 inches of snow on Friday! Most of the snow is gone! We are however, in for more "weird" weather tonight but after the last several days of hearing about winter storm advisories and warnings, we got the news that we will probably only get a few inches and rain too. I HATE WHITE AND I HATE SNOW! That is until next year! That's why I love Wisconsin! I think I would miss the 2 seasons. You all know this one! Snow and Construction of course.

pampered1224 said:
No AC yet but we hit 53 degrees today. All that after 12.4 inches of snow on Friday! Most of the snow is gone! We are however, in for more "weird" weather tonight but after the last several days of hearing about winter storm advisories and warnings, we got the news that we will probably only get a few inches and rain too. I HATE WHITE AND I HATE SNOW! That is until next year! That's why I love Wisconsin! I think I would miss the 2 seasons. You all know this one! Snow and Construction of course.
Alot of the white ends up here, but it is stuck in people's hair and they drive motor homes and pump our economy...

Chef Stephanie Petersen said:
Alot of the white ends up here, but it is stuck in people's hair and they drive motor homes and pump our economy...

We call them snowbirds here...

They fly south for the winter...

The_Kitchen_Guy said:
But La Crosse is in Wisconsin and you're in Michigan.
z0tdntknw.gif
Just read this. Very cute. :) Lacrosse was actually quite muddy today because of the big melt. I didn't even need a coat last night after dark or today. Practice is cancelled for tomorrow because the field is too muddy.

To stay dry, they should have been using this kind of La Crosse, then.
250px-05-07_Buick_LaCrosse.jpg

Chef Stephanie Petersen said:
I have to chime in here. I don't usually, but I just had to turn on my AC because it so warm today here... Don't flick me in the eye...
I won't flick you in the eye, girlfriend, but I might have a hissy fit!:mad: :cry: :cry: :blushing: :D Ughhh.... Spokane, WA had snow and hail and wind and everything today! I am so sick of it! This is the only time I miss California, and I don't miss it really.... I just miss the warmer weather at this time of the year!:(

The_Kitchen_Guy said:
a_takethatfoo.gif

He's out saving the whales...

Related to Winter Storm Watch: Accumulations of Over 6 Inches Expected

1. What is a Winter Storm Watch?

A Winter Storm Watch is issued by the National Weather Service when there is a potential for a winter storm with significant snow, ice, or sleet accumulations. It is typically issued 24-48 hours in advance of the storm to give people time to prepare.

2. When is this Winter Storm Watch in effect?

This particular Winter Storm Watch is for Thursday, but it is important to check your local forecast for the exact timing and duration of the storm. Winter Storm Watches can also be upgraded to Winter Storm Warnings or downgraded to Advisories depending on the latest forecast information.

3. How much snow is expected from this storm?

Accumulations of over 6 inches are expected from this storm, according to the National Weather Service. However, it is important to note that snowfall amounts can vary greatly depending on the track and intensity of the storm.

4. Is this Winter Storm Watch unusual for this area?

This depends on the location and time of year. In some areas, a Winter Storm Watch for accumulations of over 6 inches may be common during the winter months. However, in other areas, it may be less common and therefore considered more unusual.

5. How does this winter compare to previous years?

So far this winter, there have been 115 inches of snow, making it the second snowiest winter on record. This information is specific to the location mentioned and may vary for other areas. It is always important to stay updated on current weather conditions and forecasts for your specific location.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

Replies
Views
janel kelly
  • The_Kitchen_Guy
  • General Chat
2 3
Replies
Views
The_Kitchen_Guy
  • buckeyefan08
  • General Chat