• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Wine Bottle Opener: Affordable and Innovative Product at Tuesday Morning

:shrug: So, I decided not to bother with a second one. I think the quality of this wine opener is worth the money.
Evelynt
Yikes!! This is a new product? I was at Tuesday Morning's and there it was for $10.99.
What do you think of this?

Well, I don't like the price, but we've always dealt with price differences in other stores...for instance, I've seen our SA rectangular platter with handles at Target for half the price. One HUGE bonus is we have a guarantee, and after seeing the demo of the wine opener, I'd seriously question the one at Tues Morning. The guy literally used 1 finger to open a bottle of wine with our opener. Not having seen the other I'd still say ours is better:angel:

I guess I'm going to hold my opinion until I get it. My DH and I need one anyway, so I'm ordering it from PC. That way I have one, and I can display it at shows, and even if people would rather go out and buy one somewhere else, at least I finally got one (we've only been meaning to get one for about five years...). :)

I was sitting next to Colleen during the new product intros, and she got really excited about the wine opener. Apparently, it's a LOT like one that she bought several years ago and has been searching for ever since. So, yes, there are similar items out there in the market.It's important to realize that PC doesn't make their tools, they contract that out to other companies. We just distribute them. And sometimes the items are proprietary and exclusive, but other times they aren't (or they're only exclusive because they come with one accessory the mass-market version doesn't have).

Yes... I was very excited at Conference and I used it last night to open a new bottle. LOVE LOVE LOVE the foil cutter! My mom has a TON of arthritis in her hands and was able to open it with one finger!!!!!This WBO is like one I got 19 years ago made by screwpull. The difference is that the screwpull one has a little knife of the side to use to cut the foil (which I don't like and am happy that ours doesn't have that). My parents have had knock-offs of my screwpull one and each and everyone one of them:
1. You were NOT able to open it with one finger.
2. They ALL broke. ALL of them and I'm talking at least 5.And ironically, the screwpull that's 19 years old, I bought for $21. Still has the price sticker on it. Not sure what it would cost now so I think ours at $20 is a bargain. A quality corkscrew can be expensive. It's just like our scrapers... yes, it's $10 but you don't have to buy another one... ever. The $2 ones at Target need to be replaced every few months. In the big picture, which one ends up to be more expensive?

We don't drink, so I really don't have an opinion about the opener, but in my area, Tuesday Morning is a discount store....so maybe that's why it was so cheap there?

Great testimonial Colleen. Our Florida home is in a retirement community (and you wouldn't believe how much wine we all drink here!). Looks like this might be a popular item here. :) Thanks!

c00p said:
We don't drink, so I really don't have an opinion about the opener, but in my area, Tuesday Morning is a discount store....so maybe that's why it was so cheap there?
Yes it is a discount store. I am just surprised that a new product in our line has already been available.
I trust the quality of ours above any other. I tried it out on a wonderful bottle of Pinot Noir two nights ago and it worked fine. It looks like it will travel well too:)

I've been trying to stay away from Wine because it is not allowed on the 1st stage of the South Beach diet, which I'm doing. My b-day is in 11 days though and you know I'll be buying some wine and I will have to try this one out! I will have to read the instructions first. I got it yesterday and thought, well, it's different than the one we have currently!
But if it's as easy as Colleen says then I should enjoy it!:)

I LOVE IT I LOVE IT I LOVE IT!!!!!!

Hmm. Maybe too much wine at dinner...:rolleyes:

Robin

I like to point out the quality of PC products. An example I use is that after I first went to a PC show & saw the Chopper I thought it was expensive because I had one at home that I bought for $9.99. Yes, that was true....BUT, I didn't use it because it didn't work well at all and, was a hassle to put together. So, yes, I did have a chopper that cost less than the PC one, but now I have the PC Chopper that gets used almost daily!

Got my products today and can't wait to try it out -

Silly question - how much is it? I didn't go thru all my stuff - came at 5:00 and I had a show tonight - Is they list included in the new SAT stuff??

Its $20 for the new design. The old one is $19

Is the new design that much better? What is the difference? I have someone who called me out of the blue to get a wine opener and I'm wondering if I should order one from present catalog or have her wait. Or did I get one under SAT Level 2? Maybe so. Thanks.

About the SA knock off at Target: It's probably not chip resistant like the SA. A friend of mine had to close her shop and gave me a bunch of mugs that she had purchased from Walmart for serving coffee. They chip so easily, and so far, I haven't chipped any SA. The Walmart mugs are not heavy like SA. I can totally feel a difference between SA and cheap.

JAE said:
About the SA knock off at Target: It's probably not chip resistant like the SA. A friend of mine had to close her shop and gave me a bunch of mugs that she had purchased from Walmart for serving coffee. They chip so easily, and so far, I haven't chipped any SA. The Walmart mugs are not heavy like SA. I can totally feel a difference between SA and cheap.

It isn't as thick as ours either.

The product use and care card in the Wine Bottle Opener says "Exclusive".

I think the new one is much easier to use. Also, it works on all bottle sizes. The old one did not. The new one is also easier to store or take long on a picnic.

finley1991 said:
Yes... I was very excited at Conference and I used it last night to open a new bottle. LOVE LOVE LOVE the foil cutter! My mom has a TON of arthritis in her hands and was able to open it with one finger!!!!!

This WBO is like one I got 19 years ago made by screwpull. The difference is that the screwpull one has a little knife of the side to use to cut the foil (which I don't like and am happy that ours doesn't have that). My parents have had knock-offs of my screwpull one and each and everyone one of them:
1. You were NOT able to open it with one finger.
2. They ALL broke. ALL of them and I'm talking at least 5.

And ironically, the screwpull that's 19 years old, I bought for $21. Still has the price sticker on it. Not sure what it would cost now so I think ours at $20 is a bargain. A quality corkscrew can be expensive.

It's just like our scrapers... yes, it's $10 but you don't have to buy another one... ever. The $2 ones at Target need to be replaced every few months. In the big picture, which one ends up to be more expensive?
I LOVE the new wine bottle opener!:love:

...But I do have some trouble with the foil cutter. Colleen...what am I doing wrong??

Hmmm.... not sure... the foil cutter should be right at the top, only taking about the top 1/8" of the foil off. Put it at the top, squeeze and turn around the bottle. Hope that makes sense!

finley1991 said:
Hmmm.... not sure... the foil cutter should be right at the top, only taking about the top 1/8" of the foil off. Put it at the top, squeeze and turn around the bottle. Hope that makes sense!
That's what I did... I guess I just need to practice more. Now where is that bottle. It's 5pm somewhere.:eek:

BethCooks4U said:
That's what I did... I guess I just need to practice more. Now where is that bottle. It's 5pm somewhere.:eek:

:sing: :sing: LOL :sing: :sing:

I was at CostCo this morning and saw a set of 3 colapsible bowls for 19.99. They were like our with these exception, they are not bright green :yuck: , they have pour spouts, when collapsed the outer rim is too shallow for chips.

I really liked these bowls and if I were not a PC consultant I would definitely prefer them over ours. Especially getting 3 for the same price as our 1. I think the same manufacturer makes both bowls. Progressive was the brand name of the Costco bowls.

It comes in a very elegant velvety bag!

I like to cook with wine... sometimes I even put it in the food!

Canadian price on the wine opener is $25. I wonder if I can sell any? Does anyone else think the foil cutter is dangerous? It looked like it might be.

Nope. It's not sharp like a knife.

1. How does the New Wine Bottle Opener work?

The New Wine Bottle Opener is a simple and easy-to-use tool. First, place the opener on top of the wine bottle, making sure the two prongs are on either side of the cork. Then, press down and twist the handle to insert the prongs into the cork. Finally, use the handle to pull up and remove the cork from the bottle.

2. Is the New Wine Bottle Opener suitable for all types of wine bottles?

Yes, the New Wine Bottle Opener is designed to work with all standard wine bottles, including those with synthetic or natural corks.

3. Does the New Wine Bottle Opener require a lot of strength to use?

No, the New Wine Bottle Opener is designed to be effortless and requires minimal strength to use. The ergonomic handle and sturdy prongs make it easy for anyone to open a bottle of wine.

4. Can the New Wine Bottle Opener also be used to re-cork a bottle?

Yes, the New Wine Bottle Opener has a built-in re-corking feature that allows you to easily re-insert the cork into the bottle after opening. This is perfect for storing leftover wine or preventing spills when transporting a bottle.

5. Is the New Wine Bottle Opener dishwasher safe?

Yes, the New Wine Bottle Opener is made of high-quality materials that are safe to use in the dishwasher. Simply place it on the top rack for easy cleaning and maintenance.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

Replies
Views
byrd1956
Replies
Views
rlombas
  • cheflorraine
  • Products and Tips
Replies
Views
flemings99