• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Selling the Pourer/Bottle Stopper

In summary, the pourer/stopper is a $10 item that is already selling well. It is a great gift for a wine lover, and it can be used for more than just wine.
legacypc46
Gold Member
I've done three cooking shows so far this month and have already sold 20 of the new dripless pourer/bottle stoppers.

All of my hosts had wine bottles with which to demo. We showed how it poured with the drips going back into the bottle. We also pushed the stopper in and then turned the bottle on its side. (I stressed that the stopper was warrantied, so to contact me if they had any problems with it.)

At show #3 we used the bottle opener to open the wine. Sold two of those at that show.

Just sharing. (I realize the pourer/stopper is only a $10 item, but that's an extra $200 in sales over the three shows.)

:)

legacypc46 said:
I've done three cooking shows so far this month and have already sold 20 of the new dripless pourer/bottle stoppers.

All of my hosts had wine bottles with which to demo. We showed how it poured with the drips going back into the bottle. We also pushed the stopper in and then turned the bottle on its side. (I stressed that the stopper was warrantied, so to contact me if they had any problems with it.)

At show #3 we used the bottle opener to open the wine. Sold two of those at that show.

Just sharing. (I realize the pourer/stopper is only a $10 item, but that's an extra $200 in sales over the three shows.)

I ordered 1 for myself (don't drink) so I could play around with it in my house. I'll let you know after tomorrows show....:D

Thanks for posting this Kris!! I don't t drink, but often find my hosts serve wine at their parties. At my last show I showed them how easy the bottle opener was and the pourer/stopper thing. Everyone there bought both!!

Most of my guests and hosts don't drink. I picked up a decorative vinegar bottle at Hobby Lobby to show people how it can be used for much more than wine.

raebates said:
Most of my guests and hosts don't drink. I picked up a decorative vinegar bottle at Hobby Lobby to show people how it can be used for much more than wine.

Great idea!

I showed it last night at my first show of the season and sold 4! I showed how it worked and everything as well. The proof is definitely in the pudding with this one!

It also makes a great hostess gift. I tell people when you bring a bottle of wine, include the stopper also!! A nice thought and when the wine is gone, they still have the stopper. And if they are really feeling generous, add in the opener too!

Wonderful idea!

Well, I for one LOVE wine and try to drink it often! LOL :D That's my smile after one glass. I don't actually get to drink it that often, but darn it I try! I haven't gotten the opener or the pourer, but I have it on my list!

Thanks for this post. I haven't bought the pourer yet and was wondering how good it was (yes, I know it's a PC product which say a lot for itself) in case someone asked me about it. I think I will order one and let others try it. It will make a great stocking stuffer gift too or Yankee swap item now that I think about it. I guess I should get the opener too and suggest that they buy both if they don't have it and make it a gift set for themselves and others.

Any other uses for the pourer besides wine and vinegar bottle?

Just had to post this. After reading this thread I got an e-mail from a customer that wants to add an order to the Alzheimer's fundraiser I did Wednesday night and am closing tomorrow. She wants to order the wine bottle opener and I suggested that she consider also getting the Dripless Pourer/Stopper. I am waiting for her response. I told her the great reviews that I have read about it. What a coincidence!!

pamperedharriet said:
Any other uses for the pourer besides wine and vinegar bottle?

I plan to try it out with a bottle of San Pelligrino mineral water at a book club meeting on Monday. I know that sounds hoity-toity...I don't mean it to, but I'm curious how it will work with that. I really love the dripless feature.

Let us know how it works out. It would be nice to know what works and what doesn't to help sell them. Thanks.

I bought the wine pourer/stopper and it leaks.

Let HO know and get a repalcement. Mine don't (I have three). HO needs to know if there is a bad batch so they can hold the manufacturer accountable.

I was really excited when the pourer came out, but when we used it the wine pours out very slowly. I tried adjusting it several times, but still a very slow pour....is this typical?

at shows I use a bottle of water,

AZPampered Chef said:
I was really excited when the pourer came out, but when we used it the wine pours out very slowly. I tried adjusting it several times, but still a very slow pour....is this typical?

Nope. Mine pours just as well as if I had any other pourer in it. First check to make sure you're getting it all the way open. If so, contact the HO for a replacement. It sounds like there may be problem with the opening.

AZPampered Chef said:

Ok so after reading this thread I figured I should break mine out.... Ok, grab a bottle of wine to test market my product!;) I thought it poured slow as well!!! (Maybe I just don't like to wait!! LOL!) Love the stopper feature!

pamperedharriet said:
Just had to post this. After reading this thread I got an e-mail from a customer that wants to add an order to the Alzheimer's fundraiser I did Wednesday night and am closing tomorrow. She wants to order the wine bottle opener and I suggested that she consider also getting the Dripless Pourer/Stopper. I am waiting for her response. I told her the great reviews that I have read about it. What a coincidence!!

Here's the update..I just got her order and she ordered both the wine bottle opener and the dripless pourer/stopper! Thanks everyone!

Ginger428 said:
I ordered 1 for myself (don't drink) so I could play around with it in my house. I'll let you know after tomorrows show....:D

What did your guests think, Ginger?

legacypc46 said:

Thanks for sharing. I'm not much of a wine person, but as I read this I immediately thought of a show coming up in October where they asked me for appetizers because they plan on having a "wine" party and I would have never thought to use these items there! Great idea!

mmmorgan20 said:
I bought the wine pourer/stopper and it leaks.

If you're using it to store wine on its side after opening it, you have to really plug the entire thing in well with the stopper thing pulled out to get a good seal, THEN press the stopper in to create a vacuum. If you do that, you will not get drips.

I tried it twice with red wine - the first night, I just plugged it in, and I had red wine drips all over my fridge. The second night, I followed the instructions above, and it stayed perfectly. Same stopper, but it was plugged in correctly.

Hope that helps! I've told this to everyone I've sold it to, too. It really pays to try our products before we sell them and to read the use & care instructions carefully, too!!

Thanks for the tips, Cathy. I will try that next time.

legacypc46 said:
Let HO know and get a repalcement. Mine don't (I have three). HO needs to know if there is a bad batch so they can hold the manufacturer accountable.

DANG, 3 of them Kris:eek::eek: You big wine-O!!!! LOL!!! J/K ROTFL! You know I love ya!:love: My family teases me and calls me a wine-O, because I love red wine! I need to buy 2 more too! So who am I to talk! hehe!

Thanks for the info, I haven't had any shows so far this month and I'm going out of my mind!!! I have a crappy September but I'm did 5 shifts at the fair this week and the rest of my fall is looking good! I will be making a TON of calls for the next few days! I'm going to do my kick off show next week. Just decided to do that, because my hubby will be out of town and I won't have to "okay" it with him!
Anyway, I just thought that "three" sounded funny, Leggy!!! Just wanted to play with ya!:p;):D

Thanks for the chuckle. :) I honestly do have three; one for white wine, one for red, one for shows. In my mind, this is one of the best products we've offered.

So, what do you think of me, since I have four? I have one for my kit, one for my diluted dish soap, one for olive oil, and one for canola oil. I'll be getting another couple--one for balsamic vinegar and another in case I have more than one bottle of wine open at a time.

Rae, thanks for sharing about using for oils. I hadn't thought about that.

raebates said:
So, what do you think of me, since I have four? I have one for my kit, one for my diluted dish soap, one for olive oil, and one for canola oil. I'll be getting another couple--one for balsamic vinegar and another in case I have more than one bottle of wine open at a time.

Hey!!!! :thumbup::thumbup:What a great idea! For the oils! Do they fit in our bottles of oil, garlic and basil ones?? Because, gosh, I can't keep the side of our bottles clean to save my life!!!! Ughhhhhh, it makes me so mad, because I don't like to display an ugly bottle!
I have so much vinegars and oils, and wines for that matter, I think I need to buy about 10! LOL!
Okay, never mind Kris!!! :p I sound even worse than you!!!;):D

MissChef said:
Hey!!!! :thumbup::thumbup:What a great idea! For the oils! Do they fit in our bottles of oil, garlic and basil ones??

No, it doesn't fit in our oil bottles. I tried at a show this weekend.

chefann said:
No, it doesn't fit in our oil bottles. I tried at a show this weekend.

:cry::cry::cry::cry:!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Oh I really wanted them for this! Dang!!! Oh well!:(

Ann beat me to the answer. However, while our oils are delicious, the bottles aren't necessarily beautiful. At my shows I've been suggesting pouring the oils through one of our flexible funnels into a beautiful decorative bottle or clean, empty wine bottle. Then you can use the stopper. :)

clever, i like this idea

1. How does the dripless pourer/bottle stopper work?

The dripless pourer/bottle stopper is designed to fit securely into the top of a wine bottle and has a spout for easy pouring. The stopper also has a rubber ring that creates a tight seal to prevent any drips or leaks when pouring.

2. Can the stopper be used on any size or type of wine bottle?

Yes, the pourer/bottle stopper is designed to fit most standard wine bottles and can be used on both red and white wine bottles.

3. Is the stopper easy to clean?

Yes, the pourer/bottle stopper can be easily disassembled for cleaning. Simply remove the rubber ring and spout and wash with warm, soapy water. Dry thoroughly before reassembling.

4. How does the bottle opener work?

The Pampered Chef bottle opener is a versatile tool that can be used to open both wine bottles and beer bottles. It has a durable corkscrew for opening wine bottles and a bottle opener for beer bottles. It also has a comfortable grip handle for easy use.

5. What is the warranty on the pourer/bottle stopper?

The pourer/bottle stopper is backed by a warranty from Pampered Chef. If you experience any issues with the stopper, please contact me and I will assist you with a replacement or refund.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• eatoninthekitchen
  • Pampered Chef Booths
Replies
Views
wadesgirl
  • dannyzmom
  • Buy and Sell Items
Replies
Views
pamela
  • pampchefsarah