• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Win a $10,000 Home Makeover | Drawing Date & Details Inside

In summary, Anne has been recruiting for Simple Additions for a while and has had no luck. She has a deck, living room, and bathroom all done but needs new carpet and doors for the bedrooms. She tells the story of how her house was originally a disaster and how she and her husband have worked hard to fix it up. She is hopeful that she will win the drawing for the $500 Home Depot card.
jenniferlynne
Anyone know when they are going to do the drawing for this?

Monday, October 9th. They'll contact the winner and then announce it in the weekly bites. I only had one recruit qualify but one chance is all you need right?

My one recruit didn't qualify in time. How in the world do you get them to qualify in time? This is the third recruit that hasn't qualified in time for the extra incentive.

I'm so driven by incentives and free things that it's hard for me to understand when people don't meet the goals. I had three people sign up in the Spring for the Simple Additions stands and not one of them qualified in time! Of course two of them ended up dropping out all together which was really frustrating. I have to just remind myself that not everyone is driven by the same things and there are so many reasons to sign up and they may just not care. I've had six personal recruits so far and the other three all made their incentive so I guess it is just numbers.

Keep trying Anne. I'm sure you're giving them all the motivation they need. After that it is up to them.

Michele

Its sill because the last one, who is already doing an awesome job, only missed it by like $150. If it were me, I would have just called some friends/family to see if they wanted anything. But you're right... I love the incentives and I guess it doesn't matter to some.

I recruited two in August and they both qualified in September, so I guess I get two chances. I wonder what my chances are of winning. 1 in a million? I wonder how many people recruited in July and August!

Hey, Jennifer, I will let you know when they call me....:D
LOL!!

jenniferlynne said:
Anyone know when they are going to do the drawing for this?

OMG! By the title of this thread, I thought you were going to tell us that you won!!:)

I did too! I though she won!!

I wish!!! We have been slowly fixing up our house. My husband likes to start things and not finish them. He uses money as the excuse :D We have a deck that is half way built and a living room that had the wallpaper half way peeled off. When I told him I should be receiving 2 Home Depot cards for $50, he went ahead and peeled the rest off and got two gallons of paint. He's going to redo all the trim and put new doors on all the bedrooms. We need new carpet really bad too. His ex-wife picked it out and it is mauve :eek: The old dining room used to have floppy eared bunny wallpaper. Our bathroom and the kids bathroom has mauve trim. I want to win bad!!!!

Floppy eared bunny wallpaper? Yikes-you deserve to win:D

Hey, we moved a house we bought for $1000 about 14 years ago and put it on a piece of land we bought...had to cut it into 3 pieces (main house, family room and garage).

I had to wash dishes in my bathroom for a YEAR!! It is looking very nice now, thank God! But, we really need to fix a lot of the things we did when we "threw" it back together!

It is valued as high as any home in the subdivision now, and not bad for a small initial investment, plus sliding off the roof and sinking in the mud (the backyard in the middle of our first rainstorm) has made for some funny stories to tell at holiday get togethers!

I REALLY NEED this!!! Crossing fingers and toes...and oh yes, praying!:p

AJPratt said:
Its sill because the last one, who is already doing an awesome job, only missed it by like $150. If it were me, I would have just called some friends/family to see if they wanted anything. But you're right... I love the incentives and I guess it doesn't matter to some.

Don't feel bad Anne. I got one too and she hasn't been able to do anything much yet. Got so overwhelemed at our day job it made her sick...was out for three days! yikes...

BUT, she was back at work today and already has one outside order on her open house and things are moving along. I guess we have to remember it's on their schedule, not ours...but I hear ya about missing the incentives!

At least I got an entry for qualifying myself :D

lacychef said:
Floppy eared bunny wallpaper? Yikes-you deserve to win:D

Yes, there really were floppy eared bunnies on the walls and the light switch plate was a pig holding a spoon. You flipped the spoon up and down to turn the light on and off :D That sucker is long gone!! I hear there was also floppy eared bunnies on the bedroom walls, but DH had pulled all that down and painted before I met him. Our bathroom has dark green wallpaper with mauve flowers and mauve carpet and trim (puke).

Before I met DH and was in my mid 20's I found a single-wide trailer on a couple of acres in a real nice wooded area. I also had a real nice new 3 car garage. I could set out on my porch and watch deer and squirrels walk through my yard. The trailer was a dump. The man I bought it from was only living in it until he got his house built, but him and his wife ended up getting a divorce after he finished the garage, but before he started the house. I had to share it with mice, termites and all kinds of bugs. When it rained I never knew where it was going to leak. Sometimes the hall, or the bedroom. It was always a surprise! I endured it a year while saving and saving and then I had a brand new double wide put in. The very weekend I moved in, I met my husband and we went on a date. We got married exactly 8 months later and I moved to his house and sold mine. It was the first time I had ever lived anywhere brand new. It was nice while it lasted!

Well I signed three and one qualified just in time. The other two are close.

I too could really use a kitchen makeover. My hubby is a "Hip-a-billy" and he gave me two cupboards WITH doors last year for my birthday (Yeah- he goes all out) and I truly need some new appliances as well. However, there is a new sag at the front door (that by the way opens into our kitchen) from the frig leaking.

It is sooooooooo embarassing when I have recruits come to my house for a meeting. I can just hear them "and SHE is a chef??" !!!

Don't forget - Jean Jonas said We also get one extra entry for being at conference in July!!!Good luck to us all...

I tried hard to get recruits... and they all fell through... all of them... brats! :)

I am driven by the incentives, but I am more driven by long-term goals. I wanted to qualify very badly, but I didn't. I felt really bad about it, but I realized it was out of my hands. I ask everyone if they want to book, I tell everyone about PC. I provide information about what we do to everyone in their guest folders, I had talks with three girls and they all flaked out. (I had another post going about that one.)

I would love to recruit, but you can lead a horse to water....

Good luck to you that qualified. Sounds like we all need new kitchens :)

I pray that I just make enough money to pay the bills next month and pay for Christmas presents, a new kitchen will come in a few years! :)

What is the "Win a $10,000 Home Makeover" promotion?

The "Win a $10,000 Home Makeover" promotion is a sweepstakes offered by Pampered Chef where one lucky winner will receive $10,000 to use towards a home makeover. It is open to legal residents of the United States and Canada who are 18 years of age or older.

How can I enter the "Win a $10,000 Home Makeover" sweepstakes?

To enter the sweepstakes, you can visit Pampered Chef's website and fill out the online entry form. You can also enter by mail by sending a postcard with your name, address, and email to the address listed in the official rules.

When is the drawing date for the "Win a $10,000 Home Makeover" sweepstakes?

The drawing date for the "Win a $10,000 Home Makeover" sweepstakes will be on the date specified in the official rules. Typically, the drawing date is within a few weeks of the end of the entry period.

How will the winner be notified?

The winner will be notified by email or phone within 5 days of the drawing date. They will also be announced on Pampered Chef's website and social media pages. The winner will have 7 days to respond and claim their prize.

What can I use the $10,000 prize for?

The $10,000 prize can be used towards a home makeover of your choice. This can include renovations, furniture, decor, or any other home improvement projects. The winner will have the freedom to use the prize as they wish to enhance their home.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• DebPC
  • Business, Marketing and Customer Service
Replies
Views
pkd09
  • byrd1956
  • Business, Marketing and Customer Service
Replies
Views
byrd1956
  • ShelbyMichalek