• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Will you say a prayer for the Gulf Coast tonight?

In summary, Lisa Lisa points out that people in the Gulf Coast of the US need our prayers tonight, and that we should also be mindful of our founding fathers' ideas of checks and balances.
ChefLisa
During the past couple of days, there have been some posts that definitely brought out some passionate discussions.

Before you go to bed tonight, try and forget all about those. Instead say a little prayer for the people on the Gulf Coast. They desperately need your prayers.

Some people could not leave the Gulf Coast. They are there to protect and heal. Say an extra prayer for them tonight.

Thanks!
Lisa

Lisa, Thank you for this!! A great reminder of some other important issues.

Last edited:
Lisa... you are so right about all those whom have stayed in New Orleans, on Mississippi and Alabama's coasts to be on guard and keep things safe... I will be continuing to pray for all those who are in the line of fire of this hurricane! Thanks for the reminder.

pampered.chris said:
Lisa, Thank you for this!! I for one, pray every night for the safety and speedy return of all of our troops over there. While my BF isn't necessarily in harms way...can you ever be so sure? Just b/c he has a desk job in an air conditioned office doesn't mean he isn't in harm. But there are so many over there that are putting their lives on the line for us each and every minute. So many are being changed in ways we can only imagine by the things they see and experience.
God bless them and keep them safe.

Our service members are always in my thoughts and prayers.

I actually started this post for those on the Gulf Coast of the US. Gustav is about to hit and G-d knows what will happen. The people there need some prayers tonight.

ChefLisa said:
Our service members are always in my thoughts and prayers.

I actually started this post for those on the Gulf Coast of the US. Gustav is about to hit and G-d knows what will happen. The people there need some prayers tonight.

I just changed my post b/c I realized that I mis-read yours. I am tired and need to just go to bed. Midnight here.

pampered.chris said:
Lisa, Thank you for this!! A great reminder of some other important issues.

PS...I will give a special little prayer for your BF tonight. Those two weeks must seem like two years.

Thank you for putting things in perspective Lisa. May the Lord lay a quieting hand on Gustav and calm his fury. May the Lord provide a path to safety for those who will absorb Gustav's blows. Amen

I can't imagine what fear has come over the people of New Orleans! I pray that Gustav somehow slows down and does no damage. Our Church has Disaster Relief Teams ready to leave if it does hit. I feel sorry for those who did return and now may be losing their homes all over again!

Lisa...well said!

Thanks for reminding all of us!

Great reminder, Lisa!

Prayers are with those that stayed and the support personel that are there to help when the hurricane subsides.

We have to realize that we make up this great country. Even though we may not agree with other's opinions, we have to respect that this is what makes our nation strong. Our founding fathers had great perspective with creating checks and balances!

Related to Will you say a prayer for the Gulf Coast tonight?

1. What are some ways to wind down before going to bed?

Some ways to wind down before going to bed include taking a warm bath, reading a book, practicing relaxation techniques like deep breathing or meditation, and avoiding screens and stimulating activities.

2. How much sleep do I need to get each night?

The recommended amount of sleep for adults is 7-9 hours per night. However, the exact amount may vary for each individual based on age, health, and lifestyle factors.

3. Is it okay to eat before going to bed?

It is generally not recommended to eat a heavy meal right before bed as it can disrupt sleep. However, a light, healthy snack like a small bowl of fruit or a handful of nuts can actually promote better sleep.

4. What can I do to improve the quality of my sleep?

To improve the quality of your sleep, try to establish a regular sleep schedule, create a comfortable sleep environment, limit caffeine and alcohol intake, and exercise regularly. It may also help to reduce stress and anxiety through relaxation techniques or therapy.

5. How can I prevent waking up multiple times during the night?

To prevent waking up multiple times during the night, try to limit fluids before bedtime, avoid consuming alcohol or caffeine close to bedtime, and establish a relaxing bedtime routine. If you have trouble falling back asleep, try deep breathing or visualization techniques to help you relax.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• pampchefsarah
  • General Chat
Replies
Views
3RingChef
Replies
Views
~*Heather*~
  • Karen
  • General Chat
Replies