• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Will the Cooking Show Continue After the Tragic Murder of the Host's Uncle?

In summary, the cooking show host's uncle was murdered and the host is anxious about when to close the show.
Becky0216
Well, I may be waiting a long time to close my first cooking show. This was the one I was stressed about because it was all the Redners big wigs (grocery store chain) I just got news that the hosts Uncle (VP of Redners) was found murdered in his home over the weekend. :confused: He seemed like such a nice guy, I just don't get it. I know some the family because my husband works higher up for the company. So we have been on trips etc with them. It makes me sad to even think about this.

So, I woke up this AM excited because today was the day to close the show. Now, I don't know what to do. There were 4 more orders coming in and I am not about to call the office to get them. It is so unimportant to what they are dealing with right now. How long can I leave a show open?

Last edited:
If it was a March show, you have until the end of April to be able to get the same guest and host specials.

As for when to contact them, if you have an email address, maybe giving it a couple days and just send an email. I don't know though, weird situation.

I would wait a few days, call with your sympathies, and let them know she can close the show in 2-3 weeks.

I wouldn't email it seems too impersonal, especially since you've already done the cooking show and have met them.

HTH

Wow! I am so sorry! I'd just let them know that you are thinking of them and are here for them.

It will probably be close to a week before they are ready to deal with anything not related to this at all.

You might want to give the guests a call and let them know that their products will be a little bit delayed because of this. Since this is in your local news they may already know, but it's nice to have reassurance and it's good customer service.

Linda- I was considering this, the only problem is they are pretty much all Redners themselves. So I don't want to bring up something like this when they have bigger things on their minds. There are about 3 others that are not Redners, however, they either work for Redners or and sposes of Redner employees. So in this situation, would you still call?
I don't want to make my customers mad by having the orders late, but also don't want to be pushy.

wadesgirl said:
If it was a March show, you have until the end of April to be able to get the same guest and host specials.

As for when to contact them, if you have an email address, maybe giving it a couple days and just send an email. I don't know though, weird situation.

Actually you have longer, she can take the time she needs.

Becky0216 said:
Linda- I was considering this, the only problem is they are pretty much all Redners themselves. So I don't want to bring up something like this when they have bigger things on their minds. There are about 3 others that are not Redners, however, they either work for Redners or and sposes of Redner employees. So in this situation, would you still call?
I don't want to make my customers mad by having the orders late, but also don't want to be pushy.
In that case it probably isn't necessary. Maybe instead, once you submit the show send them an email that it was submitted on _____ and that they will have their products soon.

Actually, I think you had mentioned that your DH works for Redner's too??

Maybe he can help tell you when the timing might be right to approach the subject? Does DH work with your host - or is she the wife of someone he works with?

Personally, I would wait until after the funeral to call at all...but I don't know if that's what others would do?

I am lousy in these situations trying to say something...

But I would probably do what vwpamperedchef suggests:
I would wait a few days, call with your sympathies, and let them know she can close the show in 2-3 weeks

(But I know I would be trying for the answering machine!)

Yes DH works for Redners. He is at the corporate office with them all. So he will see them all daily again as soon as this calms down. I guess he will be a better indicator of right timing.
I just don't want to act as if I am running off with anyones money either kwim?

I would call just to give your sympathies or maybe tomorrow. You can feel the situation out that way. Don't even mention the show. They may mention it to you and then you can say we can close in a couple of weeks, don't worry about that now. If they don't say anything about the show then you can just call back in a couple of weeks.

sfdavis918 said:
I would call just to give your sympathies or maybe tomorrow. You can feel the situation out that way. Don't even mention the show. They may mention it to you and then you can say we can close in a couple of weeks, don't worry about that now. If they don't say anything about the show then you can just call back in a couple of weeks.

Exactly what I was going to say...

Sorry to hear about the news though.

I had a somewhat but a little different experience with a host recently.

The night I was suppose to call to close her show, when I got her she told me she was not ready b/c her stepfather had died that day. I told her no problem at all and not to worry about the show. To call me when she was ready to close it. She called a few days later after the funeral and closed it with no problems.

Related to Will the Cooking Show Continue After the Tragic Murder of the Host's Uncle?

1. What is "Hosts Uncle Was Murdered!"?

"Hosts Uncle Was Murdered!" is a mystery-themed party game developed by Pampered Chef. It allows players to solve a murder mystery while also showcasing and using Pampered Chef products.

2. How many players can participate in "Hosts Uncle Was Murdered!"?

The game is designed for 8-10 players, but can be adapted for larger groups by adding more characters. However, the recommended number of players is 8-10 for the best experience.

3. Do I need to have any prior knowledge or experience with Pampered Chef products to play "Hosts Uncle Was Murdered!"?

No, you do not need any prior knowledge or experience with Pampered Chef products to play. The game is designed to introduce players to the products in a fun and interactive way.

4. Can I personalize the game to fit a specific theme or occasion?

Yes, you can personalize the game by changing the names of the characters and the victim to fit a specific theme or occasion. However, the storyline and game mechanics will remain the same.

5. Are there any special requirements or materials needed to play "Hosts Uncle Was Murdered!"?

The game comes with all the necessary materials, including character cards, game instructions, and product information. However, you will need to provide some basic household items, such as paper and pens, to play the game.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• mrslulu2012
  • Pampered Chef Shows
Replies
Views
Admin Greg
  • Roadtripray
  • Pampered Chef Shows
Replies
Views
Admin Greg
  • chefbilyeu