• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Will My MIL's Party Be a Bust or a Success?

M
mistym
Arghhh! Vent time!

My MIL had her re-scheduled party today. I was really looking forward to this!! But only 2 people were able to make it....grrr. I have like $70.00 in orders...not even a show! No bookings either. In Canada we have to get up too $200.00 to call it a show so I am a long way away.

This party came after the terrible mooning incident and the party before that had 4 crying babies all in meltdown mode.....BUT don't they say things come in 3's.....maybe my party tomorrow will be a winner???

I am coaching her to get some outside orders in through my website so fingers crossed I can make this count!

On the plus side, my first show was a kilo so I am still able to ride the high from that!

Thanks for listening!

Misty

Sorry to hear about your bad shows. Maybe you have your bad shows over and done with and you will have good shows in the future.

If you can get past the garbage, it will make you stronger.(And give you some very specific ideas to include in your host coaching.) ;)

chefann said:
If you can get past the garbage, it will make you stronger.

(And give you some very specific ideas to include in your host coaching.) ;)
That's very true! I had one show where people where heckling me. I think I posted about it in the famous Mooning Thread. After that, NO ONE will ever make me cry on the way home again.

At least those are behind you. With so little sales can you combine it with another show?

Girfriend, I feel your pain. I had a show a couple of weeks ago when at least 12 guests RSVPed and not a one showed up. Oh, the host was MAD. We closed 10 days later because she was DETERMINED to get a half-price item, so she got some outside orders and the show got to $300. Not so bad, considering no one came. I still cooked for her family for dinner. They thoroughly enjoyed it.

I had a show where the host told me to expect about 10 people. It was supposed to start @ 6pm. Around 6:45 finally 3 other people showed up. She was calling people left and right and they just weren't answering their phones. Not only is that rude to me but extra rude to the hostess. She is the one who is supposed to be their 'friend'.

mom2leelee said:
She was calling people left and right and they just weren't answering their phones. Not only is that rude to me but extra rude to the hostess. She is the one who is supposed to be their 'friend'.

I agree. I've had some really low attendance shows, and one like that (where the host picked up the phone 30 minutes after it was supposed to start and called everyone who said they'd be there). So aggravating! :mad:

Usually, I get mad for myself when the host didn't send out invitations. Then it's her own fault that her show stinks. Yes, I end up with a wasted evening, but I tried to tell her to invite lots of people.

I feel bad for the host when they honestly sent out a lot of invitations and nobody responded or, even worse, they said they were going to come and just didn't. That's just rude.

Related to Will My MIL's Party Be a Bust or a Success?

1. Will my MIL's party be a bust or a success?

The success of a party can be difficult to predict. It depends on a variety of factors including the host's efforts, the attendance of guests, and the products or services being offered. Despite your previous challenges, it's always possible for a party to turn out successful, so try to stay positive and focus on making the most of the situation.

2. How many people attended the party?

Unfortunately, only two people were able to make it to the party. While this may be disappointing, it's important to remember that the number of attendees doesn't necessarily determine the success of a party. Even with a small group, you can still have a fun and engaging event.

3. Did you make any sales or get any bookings?

It sounds like you didn't make any sales or get any bookings at this particular party. However, there may still be opportunities to make sales through outside orders or online. Keep working with your MIL to encourage her to gather orders through your website and stay positive about the potential for future parties.

4. Do bad things really come in threes?

While it's a common saying that bad things come in threes, there is no scientific evidence to support this idea. It's important not to let this belief affect your outlook or mindset. Instead, focus on the positive things that have happened and the potential for future success.

5. How do you handle disappointment after a party?

It can be difficult to experience disappointment after putting in effort to plan and host a party. One way to handle this is to reflect on what went well and what you can improve on for future parties. It's also important to have a positive mindset and not let one event discourage you from trying again in the future. Remember that success is not always guaranteed, but it's important to keep trying and learning from each experience.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• ccmahaffey
  • Pampered Chef Shows
Replies
Views
Admin Greg
  • California Girl
  • Pampered Chef Shows
Replies
Views
winklermom
  • wildrose4420