• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Why Won't the Cookie Press Cookies Stick??

and needed cookies for his class project. So I tried this one last ditch effort and it worked.Place the dough on the metal sheet pan, and then put the metal pan in the freezer for about 10 minutes. This will make it easier to stick to the pan. Quite simply, the problem is that you are trying to get cookies to stick to a non-stick surface (parchment paper, baking stone). Try putting the cookies on the metal sheet pan. They will stick to the pan and pull away from the cookie press.
Michelle817
Silver Member
Please forgive me for this repeat subject, but I already searched past posts & couldn't find the answer.Today I was attempting to use my pampered chef cookie press. I used a recipe I think I got on here- a pkg. of Betty Crocker Sugar Cookie mix (made according to package directions) plus 1/2 cup flour. The dough seemed a perfect consistency & temperature. I tried using 3 different discs, and tried pressing them onto both a cold, flat stone and a piece of PC parchment paper (which was on top of my large sheet pan), and none of them would stick! I was so frustrated- as were my kids who were baking with me. I tried everything I could think of- pulling up slowly, waiting a few seconds before lifting up, etc. Please give me any tips you have! Thanks!

Last edited by a moderator:
twist & lift.If that doesn't work, I got nuthin'. I haven't had much luck with the thing either.

I have not had luck using the cookie press with a stone or with Parchment Paper. I have no trouble at all with a :eek: metal pan :eek: though....I'd love tips too.....especially for parchment paper.

I've never been able to get cookies from ANY cookie press to stick on parchment.Some of the discs for our press need 1 1/2 clicks in order to extrude enough dough to actually stay down.

I usually let it click once- the have to give it a little half push to get it to stick. I have sooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo many problems with our cookie press- it worked GREAT for the first 3 or 4 uses- and now does nothing for me. the cookies always burn on the outside and have raw dough in the middle because it isn't pushing the proper proportion out. bleh.

I have one I bought many years ago and I've had great luck with it until recently. On another thread here, someone posted an idea that I actually had luck with and just made hearts for V day. She said to coat the plunger with a little crisco/butter. I used butter and it let the plunger slide down more efficiently. I actually got a correct portion to come outta the disc for once and had nice looking cookies. Now as far as sticking onto parchment/stone, I have done it both ways and the cookie dough as to be the correct consistency. Not too dry for sure. I have actually had it too dry before and added a little milk to moisten it up...that worked. If it's too wet, that could be a problem too. I personally have never used the store bought sugar cookie recipe. The BEST recipe is the Classic Spritz one that comes with the press. The others that use a cake mix are good too...especially with a lemon mix...then sprinkle with powdered sugar in our shaker. I'm taking the "twist" advice from a previous post and gonna incorporate that for my Shamrocks for St. Paddy's day soon! I do find myself plunging and pulling up quickly and it goes really fast. HTH!:chef:

I have often heard that it is best to use just the recipes that are on the cookie press recipe cards we can purchase and give to our customers. I know some of the disks work better than other and I only use those. A consultant friend shared her handout w/me and it helps lots. I will attach it here.

Attachments

• Tips for Using the Cookie Press.doc
    26 KB · Views: 4,699
Thanks! At least I'm not alone.

Quite simply, the problem is that you are trying to get cookies to stick to a non-stick surface (parchment paper, baking stone). Try putting the cookies on the metal sheet pan. They will stick to the pan and pull away from the cookie press.

PamperedchefDaly said:
Quite simply, the problem is that you are trying to get cookies to stick to a non-stick surface (parchment paper, baking stone). Try putting the cookies on the metal sheet pan. They will stick to the pan and pull away from the cookie press.

I'll try that next time. Would the baked cookies still come off the metal pan fine?

I thought it was the worst product ever, until my Director shared with me this trick and it works like a charm every time, even on stones.

Click once, then hold it for two seconds and then lift up. You have to give the dough a chance to release.

HTH

I was having a really hard time too - it would never release from the press and stick to the sheet. This happened to me a few times and I was getting frustrated. Then the last time I was trying before Christmas my 7 year old son really wanted to try it. I figured there was no way he could do it if I was having such trouble but he grabbed it from me and proceeded to press a perfect cookie. It was a humbling moment - and then I had to have him show me how he did it!

Basically it was actually pressing down the bottom of the press to the sheet and holding it for a second before pulling up... It was a breeze to finish the batch. I think you have to get the feel for it and then you can get in a zone and it is great.

I should probably make some more cookies soon so I don't lose the touch for it...

Valori, the same thing happened to me with my 6-year-old! We made Christmas cookies together, and I kept having trouble. He'd take the press and crank out perfect cookies. I'd take the press back and have a hard time. He thought it was hilarious that he had to teach me how to use the cookie press. I usually will put the press right on the stone or cookie sheet, squeeze out the cookie, hold for a couple of seconds, then lift straight up.

Kelly

This press SUCKS PERIOD. Wont ratchet, cookies wont stick to pan despite chilling in freezer. Give me my cheapo wilton one anyday

1. Why won't my cookie dough stick to the cookie press?

There are a few reasons why your cookie dough may not be sticking to the cookie press. First, make sure the dough is at room temperature and not too cold. Also, check that you are using the correct consistency of dough - it should be firm but still pliable. Finally, check that the disks are inserted correctly and there are no air bubbles in the dough.

2. Can I use any type of cookie dough with the cookie press?

Yes, the cookie press can be used with a variety of cookie doughs such as sugar cookie, shortbread, and spritz dough. Just make sure the dough is the right consistency and not too sticky.

3. How can I prevent my cookie dough from sticking to the cookie press?

If your dough is sticking to the cookie press, try lightly dusting the dough with flour before inserting it into the press. You can also chill the dough for a few minutes before using the press.

4. What is the best way to clean the cookie press?

The cookie press can be disassembled for easy cleaning. Simply remove the plunger and disks and wash them in warm, soapy water. The main body of the press can be wiped clean with a damp cloth. Make sure to dry all parts thoroughly before reassembling.

5. My cookie press is not working properly. What should I do?

If you are experiencing issues with your cookie press, please contact our customer service team for assistance. They can provide troubleshooting tips or help you with a replacement if needed. We want to make sure you have the best experience with our products!

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• babywings76
  • Products and Tips
Replies
Views
jeanlewis13
  • Liquid Sky
  • Products and Tips
Replies
Views
kam
  • nancycookspc