• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Why Was My Fundraising Offer for a Private Library Rejected?

In summary, the conversation revolved around the rejection of a free fundraiser offer for a private library due to concerns about potential similar offers in the future. The person offering the fundraiser suggested finding alternative ways to support the library, such as hosting a cooking class or selling products with a portion of the proceeds going towards the library. The rejection was not a reflection of not wanting free money, but rather maintaining a fair and consistent fundraising approach.
TheFreddiesCook
I offered to do a fundraiser for a private library at one of my old neighborhoods... They are always doing things to get money, many times say that they can't offer this or that program because of lack of funds, and their major fundraiser is a Wine and Cheese event, once a year. Well, my offer was rejected because then that would "open doors to similar offers".

What do you think? What is a good answer to this? :confused:

So, they don't want free money?

It's just their way of saying "no" because they must not want to do this. Ask them what they mean by "similar offers", and ask questions to find out what the hang up is about doing a PC fundraiser. Obviously don't use the words "hand up". How else do they raise funds if they don't sell things? Do they normally have auctions or bake sales with donated items? Mostly when they sell things someone is making money in case they don't realize it. Find out what kinds of fundraising they normally do and try to figure out how your fundraiser is different. If it isn't, try to explain that to them.

It's probably just the thought that they know other DS companies offer fundraisers...and they feel if they let one do one, they'd have a hard time turning down others.

Hi there, I completely understand where you're coming from. It can be frustrating to see a community in need of funds for important programs and events. However, I also understand the concerns of the private library in wanting to maintain a fair and consistent fundraising approach. Perhaps you can suggest alternative ways to support the library, such as hosting a cooking class or selling pampered chef products with a portion of the proceeds going towards the library. This way, it's not a direct donation or fundraiser, but still provides support to the library and its programs. I hope this helps and I appreciate your efforts to give back to your old neighborhood. Keep up the good work! Best,

1. Why was my fundraiser offer rejected?

There could be a few reasons why your fundraiser offer was rejected. It could be that the organization you chose to fundraise for is not currently accepting offers, or that they have already reached their fundraising goal. It could also be that there are specific guidelines or requirements that you did not meet.

2. Can I appeal a rejected fundraiser offer?

Yes, you can appeal a rejected fundraiser offer. You can reach out to our customer service team and provide more information about your offer and why you believe it should be reconsidered. However, please keep in mind that the final decision ultimately lies with the organization you are fundraising for.

3. How long does it typically take for a fundraiser offer to be approved or rejected?

The approval or rejection of a fundraiser offer can vary depending on the organization and their specific processes. It is best to allow at least 2-3 weeks for a response. If you have not heard back after this time, you can reach out to the organization directly or contact our customer service team for assistance.

4. Can I make changes to my fundraiser offer after it has been submitted?

Yes, you can make changes to your fundraiser offer after it has been submitted. However, any changes may delay the approval process or result in a rejection if they do not meet the organization's guidelines. It is best to carefully review your offer before submitting it to avoid any issues.

5. Is there a limit to the number of fundraiser offers I can submit?

There is no limit to the number of fundraiser offers you can submit. However, we recommend choosing a few organizations that you are passionate about and focusing on those rather than submitting a large number of offers. This will allow you to put more effort into each fundraiser and potentially have a higher success rate.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• TheFreddiesCook
  • Pampered Chef Shows
Replies
Views
Admin Greg
  • raebates
  • Pampered Chef Shows
Replies
Views
Hillary
  • Lisa/ChefBear