• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Why haven't I received my check from my host yet?

In summary, Lisa was waiting for a check from her host. After we closed (did not submit to HO) she informed her that she doesn't get paid until the 24 of Oct. Lisa called her on the 23rd to see if she could pick up the check on the 24th to speed things along and she said she wouldn't be home until late but she would put it in the mail on the 24th. It is now the 28th and no check. Lisa is trying to submit before the end of the month or else all of her guests that ordered cookbooks from September are out of luck.
lisa717
I have a host from 10/16.....I called her last Saturday with a total that I needed a check from her for.....ok I'll mail it....now it is THIS Saturday and I still have no check.....I called her Thursday...she said she hadn't gotten to the bank......could I put it ALL on a cc??????? I told her NO.....this is an 800 dolllar show here......she said she had all the money..I am hoping and praying this a is just a procrastinator......I will not submitted anything til I know that check is GOOD......my SIS-in-LAW had a show for MOn. pm...looked to be a good one...she just cancelled as she has a viral strep infection..wahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh...Things were looking good.....now I want to cry!

I am so sorry Lisa.
Big hugs to you....

Keep your chin up we all encounter hurdles. I have a party submitted but the one order her card company denied payment I called her and she has not gotten back to me so I contacted the host and told her that this one order is holding up her whole show and if she can get in touch with her to help me get payment so everyone else doesn't suffer, I would just take the order off but it will make her sales less than $300 because she just made the cut off so if I take this order off then she is going to loose out in FREE items.
So stay in there it will get better we have all been there, I think she could put a certain amount on her cc because I had a past host do that I just needed some $$ in my checking account to use my PC debit card, I also do this when I leave a show and the host gets more orders I just pay all those outside orders with her debit card she knows this of course and then I send her a layout of all the charges that will be on her card so she can make sure she collects payment for those orders she payed for.

Sorry Lisa, but you are wise in waiting for cleared payment to submit this one.

Lisa - you can put it all on HER credit card but not yours (with her permission of course).

janetupnorth said:
Lisa - you can put it all on HER credit card but not yours (with her permission of course).

Not the entire show. It will go in as an individual order.

not if you type her CC# into everyone's payment info area! Then the whole thing can go in on her card and she can pay her card from the checks that she cashes!

That's what I do too. I just leave the other peoples payment section as unpaid and then put the full amount on her credit card under host payment and the show still balances out.

Christ Follower said:
That's what I do too. I just leave the other peoples payment section as unpaid and then put the full amount on her credit card under host payment and the show still balances out.

Yes, that's what I do too! I would rather have an $800 cc charge than try to cash or deposit an $800 check!:eek:

I have called her all day...left one message will call again later..this is the part I hate..It can be easy..it really can but some have to make it HARD!

these are the kind of people that make everything in their lives hard!

If she banks online she could transfer funds electronically:) My 2nd upline turned me on to this 2 days ago & I have had 2 customers dot it since. Quick, easy -- I assume it would be the same in the US

I have a show from Sept. 30 that I am still waiting for a check from the host. After we closed (did not submit to HO) she informed me that she doesn't get paid until the 24 of Oct. I told her that I do not submit a show until I have all the money .... just a business practice of mine. She asked if I could send the other orders and not hers so people could get their product. Told her I needed to submit all orders at the same time. I called her on the 23rd to see if I could pick up the check on the 24th to speed things along and she said she wouldn't be home until late but she would put it in the mail on the 24th. It is now the 28th and no check. I know I have to submit before the end of the month or else all of her guests that ordered cookbooks from September are out of luck. What I do know for sure is that I am going to make sure her check is good before closing. I feel bad for the guests because I have always told guests that PC ships quickly. How do you tell these people the hold up is their friend?

pkd09 said:
I have a show from Sept. 30 that I am still waiting for a check from the host. After we closed (did not submit to HO) she informed me that she doesn't get paid until the 24 of Oct. I told her that I do not submit a show until I have all the money .... just a business practice of mine. She asked if I could send the other orders and not hers so people could get their product. Told her I needed to submit all orders at the same time. I called her on the 23rd to see if I could pick up the check on the 24th to speed things along and she said she wouldn't be home until late but she would put it in the mail on the 24th. It is now the 28th and no check. I know I have to submit before the end of the month or else all of her guests that ordered cookbooks from September are out of luck. What I do know for sure is that I am going to make sure her check is good before closing. I feel bad for the guests because I have always told guests that PC ships quickly. How do you tell these people the hold up is their friend?

If I were you I would call her today and tell her that if she doesn't get you the check by the 30th that you will have to send the orders in without hers and she will lose all of her benefits. Or just send what she ordered that was paid for with FPV so she isn't out any money. It's just not fair to the other guests for them to lose out on the cookbook sale because she can't come up with the money.

I tried to submit a show once with the host credit card (everyone paid her and then she put it all on her card and kept the money). PC called me and said that we can't do that. That I could only put the host order and 1 other order on her credit card.
I also now have everyone write their checks to me so that I don't have to wait forever on a host. I have all the money except the host payment and then if she never sends it to me, I can still get everyone else's orders.

nicki25 said:
I tried to submit a show once with the host credit card (everyone paid her and then she put it all on her card and kept the money). PC called me and said that we can't do that. That I could only put the host order and 1 other order on her credit card.
I also now have everyone write their checks to me so that I don't have to wait forever on a host. I have all the money except the host payment and then if she never sends it to me, I can still get everyone else's orders.

I've done this lots of times and never got a call from HO. Usually at least a few other people have paid with their cc or with cash. However, sometimes the host is paying for everyone's order with her cc because they all paid her with a check. I just will not take a check anymore. Burned too many times to make it worth my while. Sure I could drive to everyone's bank to cash the check, but I don't have that kind of time. I really try to push the guests to pay with a debit or credit card so it is a non-issue, but if they only bring their checkbooks then they write it to the host. For some reason, people think we can only take a check.

Sarah: Thank you for that suggestion. I was going to call her tonight anyway. I have 3 bookings from her show coming up and I'm afraid they will think it was me who was the holdup and not their friend.

UPDATE: I called my Sept. host and she informed me she didn't have any available money after she got paid so....the only thing she wants is the FREE stuff. She sent an outstanding check to me from a guest yesterday. I am so glad I did not process this show ahead of time!!!!!

nicki25 said:
It does seem that it would be easier to have the guests write checks to me as the consultant, but what would you do if a check bounced. I don't want that to happen to me. I would get charged and then I'd have to get the money from the guest for that too. It would be a mess. I don't want to deal with that, so the checks get made out to the host, always.

I Leave All Money With The Host...because In The End She Writes Me One Check..this Is What I Am Waiting On..i Can't Submit Anything Til I Get It...she Didn't Return My Calls This Weekend..i Will See If It Comes Tomorrow.....

JAE said:
It does seem that it would be easier to have the guests write checks to me as the consultant, but what would you do if a check bounced. I don't want that to happen to me. I would get charged and then I'd have to get the money from the guest for that too. It would be a mess. I don't want to deal with that, so the checks get made out to the host, always.

I have only had a few checks that have bounced in my almost 8 years of selling PC. I had a host a few years ago that I waited forever to get money from her for her stuff and the guest got really upset, so now I just have the guest write me the check and then the host write me her own.

Related to Why haven't I received my check from my host yet?

What is "I Have to Screammmmmmmmmmm"?

"I Have to Screammmmmmmmmmm" is a popular kitchen tool from Pampered Chef. It is a versatile food chopper that can easily and quickly chop, dice, and mince ingredients with a simple pull of a cord.

Is "I Have to Screammmmmmmmmmm" easy to use?

Yes, "I Have to Screammmmmmmmmmm" is very easy to use. Simply place the ingredients in the bowl, cover with the lid, and pull the cord to chop. It requires no electricity or batteries, making it convenient to use anywhere.

What can I use "I Have to Screammmmmmmmmmm" for?

"I Have to Screammmmmmmmmmm" can be used for a variety of tasks such as chopping onions, garlic, herbs, nuts, and vegetables. It can also be used to make sauces, dips, and even baby food.

Is "I Have to Screammmmmmmmmmm" dishwasher safe?

Yes, "I Have to Screammmmmmmmmmm" is dishwasher safe. However, we recommend hand washing the lid and blades for best results and to prolong the life of the product.

Does "I Have to Screammmmmmmmmmm" come with a warranty?

Yes, "I Have to Screammmmmmmmmmm" comes with a limited lifetime warranty. If there are any defects in materials or workmanship, we will replace the product free of charge.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• babywings76
  • General Chat
Replies
Views
ShellBeach
  • jesusluvsu2005
  • General Chat
Replies
Views
jesusluvsu2005
  • wadesgirl