• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

What should I do if someone writes the wrong name on a check for my show?

In summary, JoLynn used an OOF to change the name of the consultant on a show she hosted last Saturday. She wasn't thinking about the part that says make checks payable to... and so didn't change her name there and honestly hadn't even noticed it until she went and closed the show last night as the host thought she would need help. She now has to get a new check made out to Rebecca Voytko.
You know funny thing is that is how I think too. But we don't usually start at the end of the conversation. I have a tendency to go all over in a conversations - My husband amazingly can usually keep up

I tried to have my director endorse the back of a check when it was accidentally made to her instead of me. The credit union said I would have to bring my director in to say she was the one who had endorsed it. I laughed and had the customer write another check--luckly she was my friend but it did seem to irritate her.

Credit unions can be good but sometime they are not. That is why I left mine when I left my old job. There was a branch in our building but now there isn't one close to me. I couldn't even to an automatic transfer for a credit card bill through them. I had to write a check. They were located in a building that specializes in IT services. HELLO!

Some days my bank is picky about endorsements... they make both me and DH sign checks that are made out to both of us... even when they are "for deposit only". But they missed a check that I accidentally endorsed and deposited that was from a customer and written to the host. I even made that deposit with a live teller! Oh well.

I have had checks made out to the Pampered Chef more than one occasion. I literally crossed it out and put my name and the bank never said anything! I guess I have an easy going bank.
So it was a couple pages ago but my married name is HILL and have actually hade people mispell it!
On the other side info being added in: My ancestors are the Grimm brothers (Grimm fairy tales). Not as exciting as the Grant thing but still interesting!

Kathytnt said:
Do you ever get to the end of a thread to see the new stuff and have no clue what you missed because it has gone in a crazy direction...

Are you accusing us of hijacking your thread? :eek:

Kathytnt said:
Problem is my host caught the first 3 checks and was going to have her friend collect new ones. I have the main check. I submitted the show on faith but now the checks are adding up to $200+ The host is leaving town to go to New York for a 10 days. I have e-mailed the friend and will call her tomorrow but my budget is so tight right now and conference is in two weeks I will see if I can deposit Rae's check but the host has the other 3 now at her house.
Yes - Someone is at the hosts house to take care of the delivery when it gets there.

Just for the record, it's not me. I would know to ask whether the check should be made out to the host or consultant. :D

You are not guilty this time Rae - There are other Rae's believe it or not.
Usually I have it printed on the form (Why can't we get a non-PDF file order form that we can update)

Kathytnt said:
(Why can't we get a non-PDF file order form that we can update)
It's so we can't change the legalese on the back.

Although in the full version of Acrobat, there is the capability to make forms. The only enterable fields are the ones that are allowed by the creator of the PDF. HO could make the OOF a form, allowing us to enter our name, phone, email, etc. and have them come up in specific spots. That would also be a standard "look" for everyone's forms, too.

I know but I get tired of hand writing my name under make check payable to and putting my consultant label on every sheet. I don't think they look very good scanned it and printed.

Someone used to come up with some nice colorful OOF forms (that could be updated) that my director sent to us but I have not gotten them in ages.

chefann said:
HO could make the OOF a form, allowing us to enter our name, phone, email, etc. and have them come up in specific spots. That would also be a standard "look" for everyone's forms, too.

Oooh, that would be WONDERFUL!! Are you listening, Laura?!?!?!?!?!!?!?

Yeah - That's what I want - OH LAURA!!!!

<h2>1. What should I do if someone writes the wrong name on a check for my show?</h2><p>If someone writes the wrong name on a check for your show, the best course of action is to contact the person who wrote the check and explain the situation. Ask if they can send a new check with the correct name. It's important to address this issue as soon as possible to avoid any confusion or delays in processing the payment.</p><h2>2. I used an OOF from this site for my show, but forgot to change the name on the "make checks payable to" section. What should I do?</h2><p>If you used an OOF from this site and forgot to change the name on the "make checks payable to" section, the best solution is to contact the person who wrote the check and explain the mistake. Ask if they can send a new check with the correct name. It's important to address this issue promptly to avoid any confusion or delays in processing the payment.</p><h2>3. What if I didn't notice the wrong name on the check until after I closed the show?</h2><p>If you didn't notice the wrong name on the check until after you closed the show, it's still important to address the issue as soon as possible. Contact the person who wrote the check and explain the mistake. Ask if they can send a new check with the correct name. It's better to address the mistake late than to ignore it altogether.</p><h2>4. Is it necessary to call the person who wrote the check and ask for a new one?</h2><p>While it may feel uncomfortable or awkward, it is necessary to call the person who wrote the check and ask for a new one with the correct name. This is important for accurate record keeping and to avoid any confusion or delays in processing the payment. Most people will understand and be happy to send a new check with the correct name.</p><h2>5. Are there any other solutions if the person is unable to send a new check?</h2><p>If the person is unable to send a new check, you can also ask if they can write the correct name on the check and initial next to it. This will serve as confirmation that they acknowledge the mistake and have authorized the check to be deposited. However, it's best to avoid this solution if possible, as it can still cause confusion and delays in processing the payment.</p>

1. What should I do if someone writes the wrong name on a check for my show?

If someone writes the wrong name on a check for your show, the best course of action is to contact the person who wrote the check and explain the situation. Ask if they can send a new check with the correct name. It's important to address this issue as soon as possible to avoid any confusion or delays in processing the payment.

2. I used an OOF from this site for my show, but forgot to change the name on the "make checks payable to" section. What should I do?

If you used an OOF from this site and forgot to change the name on the "make checks payable to" section, the best solution is to contact the person who wrote the check and explain the mistake. Ask if they can send a new check with the correct name. It's important to address this issue promptly to avoid any confusion or delays in processing the payment.

3. What if I didn't notice the wrong name on the check until after I closed the show?

If you didn't notice the wrong name on the check until after you closed the show, it's still important to address the issue as soon as possible. Contact the person who wrote the check and explain the mistake. Ask if they can send a new check with the correct name. It's better to address the mistake late than to ignore it altogether.

4. Is it necessary to call the person who wrote the check and ask for a new one?

While it may feel uncomfortable or awkward, it is necessary to call the person who wrote the check and ask for a new one with the correct name. This is important for accurate record keeping and to avoid any confusion or delays in processing the payment. Most people will understand and be happy to send a new check with the correct name.

5. Are there any other solutions if the person is unable to send a new check?

If the person is unable to send a new check, you can also ask if they can write the correct name on the check and initial next to it. This will serve as confirmation that they acknowledge the mistake and have authorized the check to be deposited. However, it's best to avoid this solution if possible, as it can still cause confusion and delays in processing the payment.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• California Girl
  • General Chat
Replies
Views
ShellBeach
Replies
Views
KellyRedHead
Replies
Views
esavvymom