• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Why Do Friends Sometimes Fail to Support Our New Business Ventures?

In summary, when I first decided to be a PC consultant, one of my friends on the base said she would do my first cooking show. So it would be low- stress plus I know she has a handful of friends that would come and order (5-6) so it would be a good starting show as well, i figured. Well now I called her to see if we could schedule her show and she hasn't returned my calls. This is totally weird. I'm totally unhappy about it, because I don't know too many people on this base anymore as most of the people I know have moved! I'm so disappointed. :(
PoseyMom
When I first decided to be a PC consultant, one of my friends on the base said she would do my first cooking show. So it would be low- stress plus I know she has a handful of friends that would come and order (5-6) so it would be a good starting show as well, i figured. Well now I called her to see if we could schedule her show and she hasn't returned my calls. This is totally weird. I'm totally unhappy about it, because I don't know too many people on this base anymore as most of the people I know have moved! I'm so disappointed. :(

Look up mystery host show in the search box, and host your own show, you can invite everyone you do know and hand out fliers to people you don't know and post fliers all over the place.

oops.... i dont think you understand how few people that i know at this point! lol.... I think we're topping out at three and they all just came to my show :) When we relocate in October, I'll definitely be doing a mystery host show. I just don't think it will work very well this month.

Maybe ask them to pass out fliers for you. Is there a community building that you could use either for free or rent? Just put up fliers all around, and put up fliers on peoples doors to invite your neighbors. Just throwing ideas out for you. Maybe there is something in there. Have you thought of your friends from afar doing catty shows for you? That is another option to keep you going.

All ideas appreciated! I'm asking everyone that I know from afar to do catty shows. So far I have four booked. As soon as I get my kit with the catalogs, I'll be able to get those going. I'll definitely be putting up flyers today or tomorrow. Just need to get them printed on the 'puter. Mostly I just need to qualify by the end of September so I can get the knives!!! :D

jdavis said:
Maybe ask them to pass out fliers for you. Is there a community building that you could use either for free or rent? Just put up fliers all around, and put up fliers on peoples doors to invite your neighbors. Just throwing ideas out for you. Maybe there is something in there. Have you thought of your friends from afar doing catty shows for you? That is another option to keep you going.

Something very important to know, and I am sure your recruiter or director addressed it with you already - but while catalog shows are great fillers, they are usually dead ends and generally don't get you any bookings. At this stage you need to be working on bookings.

I'm trying to get bookings. But I also don't have a lot of time, since we are moving overseas somewhere's around October 10. I'm working on it though.

Is there a phone list of some sort that you can use to call or mail out info? Does your husband have any buddies that their wives might be willing to help you out. I can't imagine your alone in your situation. I'm sure there are a lot of other spouses who feel the same way. I think its tough!

No, I'm sure I'm not alone! :) I'm feeling a little discouraged today, but I know I'll be able to qualify by the end of September. My hubby said he would ask at work. I think it will be easier when my kit gets here and I can send him with some catalogs to send home with the guys he knows. Then I can follow up. Any other suggestions for getting more bookings right now? Knowing I only have bout 5-6 weeks. :)

I think you're doing a good job cnsidering you have a short amount of time left there. Is there anyone on your email list that can refer you to someone? Also, go into the FILES section and type in the word book. There are always some good ideas there.

You might ask a few of your friends/family that live out-of-area to do a catalog show for you. Play up the stoneware special. If you go into the file section you'll find lots about the stoneware specials. The websites (if you have one) also now has an option for people to look through the catalog online which is a format that I am sure many people will really like.

When you talk to people about doing shows, let them know that they need to throw it together quickly. If they seem squeamish, point out that when you invite your friend to the mall, you don't ask her two weeks ahead of time. Same thing here. Really, you could book a show for tomorrow night, or three for this weekend. They may even like to call/email everyone and not have to deal with mailing invitations.

Related to Why Do Friends Sometimes Fail to Support Our New Business Ventures?

1. Why do friends not return calls when I try to book a Pampered Chef party with them?

There can be a variety of reasons why your friends may not return your calls. It could be that they are busy with their own lives and have not had a chance to respond, or they may not be interested in hosting a party at this time. It is important to remember that not everyone will be interested in hosting a Pampered Chef party, and that's okay. Don't take it personally and continue reaching out to other potential hosts.

2. How can I overcome the disappointment of my friends not returning calls?

It's natural to feel disappointed when your friends don't return your calls, but it's important to not let it discourage you. Remember that your success as a Pampered Chef consultant is not solely dependent on your friends hosting parties. You can also reach out to other acquaintances, family members, and even strangers to book parties. Keep a positive attitude and focus on the potential opportunities instead of dwelling on the disappointment.

3. Is it normal for friends to not return calls when I try to talk to them about joining my Pampered Chef team?

Yes, it is normal for some friends to not return calls when you try to talk to them about joining your Pampered Chef team. Just like hosting parties, not everyone will be interested in becoming a consultant. It's important to respect their decision and continue building your team with other motivated individuals who are excited about the opportunity.

4. Should I continue trying to contact friends who haven't returned my calls about hosting a party or joining my team?

It's up to you whether you want to continue trying to contact friends who haven't returned your calls. However, it's important to not be too pushy or persistent. If they have not responded after a few attempts, it's best to respect their decision and focus on reaching out to other potential hosts or team members.

5. How can I improve my success rate with friends returning calls about hosting a party or joining my team?

One way to improve your success rate is to make sure you are effectively communicating the benefits and opportunities of hosting a Pampered Chef party or joining your team. Be clear and concise in your message, and personalize it to the individual you are reaching out to. Additionally, try to schedule a specific date and time for the party or meeting to make it easier for them to commit. Remember to also follow up with them if they don't respond initially.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• ms_twana
  • Pampered Chef Shows
Replies
Views
wadesgirl
  • KellyRedHead
  • Pampered Chef Shows
Replies
Views
pamperedchefqueen
  • abell