• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Why Cook at Home? Benefits for Your Family and Budget

In summary, cooking at home has many benefits including cost savings, healthier options, and the opportunity to be creative. It also fosters family bonding, teaches important life skills, and promotes healthier eating habits. Cooking at home also allows for better control over food quality and nutritional value, and reduces the risk of unhealthy behaviors in children. Additionally, it can save money in the long run and is a great way to try new and unique dishes that may not be available at restaurants. Lastly, it ensures cleanliness and reduces the risk of exposure to germs and illnesses.
natural
Gold Member
I need some ideas about why it is a good idea to cook at home...

Some examples would be:
Costs less, healthier, uses creativity

Anyone think of any other reasons why cooking at home is beneficial?

Sandra

It's a great time for bonding as a family, getting the kids involved in cooking the meals with you, etc...

How about you can "eat what you grow".

It fosters healthy family time around the dinner table.

Studies have shown that when families eat together, at home, the family unit is stronger, kids are healthier, do better in school, have better self-image, etc...

Here is a great article online:

Family Mealtime - DrGreene.com

wow thanks gals!

So your kids know what to do when they get out into the REAL world. I am amazed at how many teens/twenties people do not know how to cook, let alone what the names of the tools are.

I like to cook at home so I can control the quality of my food. Sometimes restaurants use poor quality meats and other ingredients just to keep costs down.

To add to Colleen, you are in control of the quality of food and your time. You choose when your dinner is done, how warm it is, etc.You can try great new things and anything you want. Just think...what restaurant would let you try the Greek Cheese Torta? Is that ever on a menu?Where else do you get great trifles? ...don't see them at McDonald's...How about cleanliness...in 2007, 37% of restaurants in Milwaukee had a critical health code violation...Do you want people to:
1. Sneeze on your food
2. Keep your food at dangerous temperatures.
3. Use dirty utensils or dishes (since there might be a lack of hot water).

janetupnorth said:
To add to Colleen, you are in control of the quality of food and your time. You choose when your dinner is done, how warm it is, etc.

You can try great new things and anything you want.

Just think...what restaurant would let you try the Greek Cheese Torta? Is that ever on a menu?

Where else do you get great trifles? ...don't see them at McDonald's...

How about cleanliness...in 2007, 37% of restaurants in Milwaukee had a critical health code violation...

Do you want people to:
1. Sneeze on your food

Great point with the cold and flu season like it has been there are ways to help keep you family healthier and safe from all the germ exposure!

"Eating out is expensive
Eating at home with your family is priceless
and I can make it painless"
This phrase goes something like this, but I am not sure of the wording of the second sentence. Nice to say at your shows.
Deb

janetupnorth said:
To add to Colleen, you are in control of the quality of food and your time. You choose when your dinner is done, how warm it is, etc.

You can try great new things and anything you want.

Just think...what restaurant would let you try the Greek Cheese Torta? Is that ever on a menu?

Where else do you get great trifles? ...don't see them at McDonald's...

How about cleanliness...in 2007, 37% of restaurants in Milwaukee had a critical health code violation...

Do you want people to:
1. Sneeze on your food

Doesn't the fruit and yogurt parfait count? :D ;)

Top Five Reasons to Eat at Home

Family Relationships
When you cook at home, wonderful things happen to your family. Friendly conversations nurture relationships. You can exchange ideas, find out what’s important in each other’s lives and check how everyone is feeling. Turn off the television and concentrate on the family dynamics. Strengthen the family ties. Pass on family traditions. Promote responsibility by having the kids help with setting the table, doing the dishes, even helping with the cooking.
Children’s Future Success
Did you know that studies show teens who eat frequent family meals at home are at decreased risk for unhealthy weight control practices and substance abuse? These kids tend to do better in school as well. One national poll of high school seniors showed higher scholastic scores among students who frequently shared meals with their families. Another survey of high-achieving teens showed that those who regularly eat meals with their families tend to be happier with their present life and their prospects for the future.
Food Quality and Nutritional Value
When you cook and serve meals at home, you have more control over the quality and quantity of your family’s food choices. You get to plan balanced meals that are nutritious and delicious. Remember that kids tend to mimic their parents’ habits and attitudes about foods. Try to set a good example. Eat and serve sensible portion sizes. Be open to trying new foods and new ways of cooking foods.
Studies show that family meals are associated with higher intake of fruits, vegetables and dairy products. Other studies showed that eating family dinners together most or all days of the week was associated with eating more healthfully.
Budget
With the rising costs of fuel and food, you really can save some money by eating at home. Just think what it costs to take a family of four out to dinner! Watch the newspaper each week for specials – shop the ads. Buy in bulk when feasible. Buy produce that is in season.
Time
You can keep meals simple, yet nutritious and interesting. It’s easy to have sauces or marinades at home to add to sautéed beef, pork or chicken. Frozen vegetables are great to serve as is, or added to a casserole, stew or soup.
Try cooking on the weekends and freeze dinner-sized portions. Double your favorite recipe and have some for the next time you’re too tired to cook. Remember that you can purchase ready-to-eat roasted chicken, add some instant mashed potatoes, a salad and veggie and your dinner is ready in minutes.
There are many more reasons to eat at home but these are pretty convincing arguments right here! Try this quick and simple dinner the next time you’re making the choice between a meal at home or the drive-thru.

Related to Why Cook at Home? Benefits for Your Family and Budget

1. Why should I bother cooking at home when I can easily order takeout or dine out?

Cooking at home allows you to have complete control over the ingredients used in your meals. You can customize your dishes to fit your dietary preferences and restrictions. You also have the opportunity to save money by not paying for restaurant markups and tip. Plus, cooking at home can be a fun and rewarding experience!

2. I don't have time to cook, how can I make it work?

We understand that life can get busy, but meal prep and planning can save you time in the long run. You can also make use of kitchen gadgets and tools to make cooking faster and easier. Pampered Chef offers a variety of products designed to make meal prep efficient and enjoyable.

3. I'm not a skilled cook, how can I improve?

Cooking is a skill that can be learned and improved upon with practice. Start with simple recipes and work your way up to more complex dishes. You can also attend cooking classes or watch online tutorials to learn new techniques and tips. Pampered Chef also offers recipe ideas and cooking demonstrations to help you become a better cook.

4. How can I make cooking at home more affordable?

Buying ingredients in bulk, planning meals ahead of time, and using leftovers can help save money on groceries. You can also make use of budget-friendly ingredients, such as legumes and grains, to create nutritious and affordable meals. Pampered Chef also offers a variety of budget-friendly recipes and products to help you save money while cooking at home.

5. How do I make cooking at home more enjoyable?

Cooking at home can be a fun and enjoyable experience if you make it a social activity. Get your family and friends involved in meal prep and have a cooking night together. You can also make use of kitchen gadgets and tools to make cooking easier and more enjoyable. Pampered Chef offers a variety of products to make cooking at home a fun and social experience.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• KBender295
  • Pampered Chef Sales
Replies
Views
rlombas
Replies
Views
Admin Greg
  • newmexgirl
  • Pampered Chef Sales
Replies