• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Whoever Has the Need to Rate Threads...

In summary, there has been a recent issue with someone giving low ratings to threads discussing the resurrection of Christ, prompting a discussion about the purpose of rating threads and the potential immaturity of the person responsible. Despite this, members have chosen to focus on the positive and have started rating these threads with 5 stars. Some members have also shared their appreciation for the Christian perspective on the forum and have decided to show their support by giving good ratings to those threads.
janetupnorth
Gold Member
I just noticed someone recently is going around rating any thread talking about the resurrection of Christ with 1 star...

If you don't believe what we believe, there is no need to "knock the thread" by rating it.

Just go to a secular thread...

...and I pray that someday you will be able to have the same joy we have in our hearts on Easter!

I'm sure we can figure out who that was. Better to just ignore the ignorance.

Have a Blessed Easter!

BethCooks4U said:
I'm sure we can figure out who that was. Better to just ignore the ignorance.

Have a Blessed Easter!

Actually I think it was a person who doesn't post...ever...either way...I find it sad that someone can have that much bitterness in their hearts...

It seems a bit immature, don't you think? So...I went and rated those threads with 5 stars. I also rated KG's Hoppy Easter thread with 5 because it was cute!

JAE said:
It seems a bit immature, don't you think? So...I went and rated those threads with 5 stars. I also rated KG's Hoppy Easter thread with 5 because it was cute!

I haven't done that yet...instead I put away some of my PC stuff that was out and started a load of laundry. :) More productive...

But, I think I will now do the same as you - including KG's thread because it IS cute.

Quick question, how do you see a thread's rating? Is that the thumbs up or down next to the thread title? I can see where it says "rate thread" for me to rate it, but I don't know how to see other people's ratings.

IMO--

Rating threads...is so subjective. Also unnecessary. Wish Admin would remove that feature--not just this board :)

I've re-written my thoughts on this several times to avoid offense or putting both feet in my mouth, as it were. Also started to check out who it might be but let it go. For me, that's personal progress :)

No one forces others to read this board, or messages--go figure!

Consider the source, :yuck: 'nuff said.

web nerd, here.

Yes Mary, I agree, it doesn't really give any validity here, just more of an annoyance. If you click on "new posts" all the time, you don't see what the rating is until you read the thread, then it is at the top to annoy you.The only time you see ratings is when you look in a category like "Chef's Lounge".

That is so sad whoever is doing that.

I don't have the same beliefs as many of you on hear, but with that said I would NEVER feel that it was my place to rate your feelings and beliefs. Sorry some jerk on here did that :(

And to the jerk....REALLY??? Have some class!!!

Well, I can honestly say that I am not surprised. Everytime we get a good thread going about our beliefs someone always chimes in and downs us. I in my personal heart do not understand why they feel the reason to do so, but I know that we will always have to contend with is until Jesus comes back to get us.

Off to go give us good ratings................

HE IS RISEN!!!

I always just click on "new posts" and ratings aren't there.

Well that's just silly and ignorant. I am not a Christian, but I have to say, I truly enjoy reading the bible verses many of you have in your siggy lines, I gain a lot from reading many of the "Christian" point of view opinions on various issues - I can tell you that VERY often Diane Van S (quiverfull) takes a situation that has me fuming or frustrated or upset or whatever...and she brings it down to basics...to how God (or whomever your higher power may be) would have us looking at it ... and suddenly I am able to find peace with the situation...that's her good Christian way - and I appreciate that so very much. So many of you around here do that (and you probably don't even realize you do it - LOL) - Cathy M, Janet, Renea, JRStephens, Linda C, Kelly, Rae, etc...you share your faith in such a way that i never feel you are prostheletizing (sp?) or trying to convert me or telling me that MY faith is wrong...instead you just have a way of spreading this warm blanket of love and comfort with your words of faith. If someone wants to poo-poo that - then it's their loss. They can read other threads. As for this Jewish girl - I am off to go vote 5-stars on all your faith-filled threads :)

Thanks Carolyn...you bring us something we need too...laughter and spunk and motivation and many other things! :) Love ya!

janetupnorth said:
Thanks Carolyn...you bring us something we need too...laughter and spunk and motivation and many other things! :) Love ya!

Aw shucks....:blushing:
Love ya too my friend!! :love:

dannyzmom said:
Well that's just silly and ignorant. I am not a Christian, but I have to say, I truly enjoy reading the bible verses many of you have in your siggy lines, I gain a lot from reading many of the "Christian" point of view opinions on various issues - I can tell you that VERY often Diane Van S (quiverfull) takes a situation that has me fuming or frustrated or upset or whatever...and she brings it down to basics...to how God (or whomever your higher power may be) would have us looking at it ... and suddenly I am able to find peace with the situation...that's her good Christian way - and I appreciate that so very much. So many of you around here do that (and you probably don't even realize you do it - LOL) - Cathy M, Janet, Renea, JRStephens, Linda C, Kelly, Rae, etc...you share your faith in such a way that i never feel you are prostheletizing (sp?) or trying to convert me or telling me that MY faith is wrong...instead you just have a way of spreading this warm blanket of love and comfort with your words of faith. If someone wants to poo-poo that - then it's their loss. They can read other threads. As for this Jewish girl - I am off to go vote 5-stars on all your faith-filled threads :)

Speaking of Diane...where is her input on my nasty customer thread!?!?!?!?!?

dannyzmom said:
Speaking of Diane...where is her input on my nasty customer thread!?!?!?!?!?

Probably celebrating Easter with her family...

So, let me try to fill in...

She'd eloquently post a prayer for the situation and this lady...I'd say that based on what you said about the daughter, this mother may have some of the same instability issues, and from your background, can probably tell that this lady is really going through something emotionally and you just happen to be her target. Remember the speech you gave at your show? You've made it through a divorce, are a strong woman with a wonderful family and PC is doing great things for you. She sees a joy she does not have and is jealous of it. Kill her with kindness Carolyn (to a point of course) and bless and release!

janetupnorth said:
Probably celebrating Easter with her family...

So, let me try to fill in...

She'd eloquently post a prayer for the situation and this lady...I'd say that based on what you said about the daughter, this mother may have some of the same instability issues, and from your background, can probably tell that this lady is really going through something emotionally and you just happen to be her target. Remember the speech you gave at your show? You've made it through a divorce, are a strong woman with a wonderful family and PC is doing great things for you. She sees a joy she does not have and is jealous of it. Kill her with kindness Carolyn (to a point of course) and bless and release!

I came home from Easter dinner @ my parents house (yeah yeah- I know...bad Jew - LOL) to an email from this lovely lady...the subject was: "That other cross"
Here it is:
It never ceases to amaze me, how people who are caught red-handed will try to blame the person who caught them. It's Easter, and I would have liked to forgive you, but you just keep digging your hole deeper. I guess you're that kind of person who puts themself on that other cross, and would prefer to die in their sins, rather than confess the truth and live.

Caught red-handed doing what????? As we Jews would say "Oy Vey!!!!" LOL
Anyway - I thought about resonding with wishing her and her family a blessed Easter...but then thought it's probably best if I just cease communication with this nutcase...

dannyzmom said:
I came home from Easter dinner @ my parents house (yeah yeah- I know...bad Jew - LOL) to an email from this lovely lady...the subject was: "That other cross"
Here it is:
It never ceases to amaze me, how people who are caught red-handed will try to blame the person who caught them. It's Easter, and I would have liked to forgive you, but you just keep digging your hole deeper. I guess you're that kind of person who puts themself on that other cross, and would prefer to die in their sins, rather than confess the truth and live.

Anyway - I thought about resonding with wishing her and her family a blessed Easter...but then thought it's probably best if I just cease communication with this nutcase...

She is obviously confused...don't respond, finish your business and try to BLESS before releasing!

dannyzmom said:
Here it is:

Geepers creepers I think so. That woman has some issues.

I say you post her e-mail addy and let all of us who aren't so nice deal with her.:D

Yes, I'm just kidding.

I think you did well by not replying to that awful e-mail. I wonder what cross she thinks she belongs on.

Oh my goodness... I'm humbled beyond words by all of you! I've cried and laughed and prayed as I read this thread... Thank you for jumping in for me Janet! You were so right on! We were with family and I've been playing catch up the last couple hours...
One of my mom's favorite sayings is "kill em with kindness dear" :) First of all... I'm not at all surprised that Jesus resurrection day would be filled with attacks... that's how satan works... he'll do ANYTHING to keep the focus off Jesus and today is HIS DAY!!!!!! It's Christmas fulfilled!
I do wish to begin with prayer... Father God... thanks for today... thanks for the sunrise You let us witness together as a family while we sang about your Son and His rising from the grave! Thanks for the way it shone not only on us outwardly but that YOU and Your Son and the same Spirit that was raised Jesus from the dead is here with us tonight! I just want to lift Carolyn up before you and this customer and her mom. Yikes Lord... she's so empy... and we're pretty much thinking that she is in extreme need of intervention from you and from someone here on earth to monitor her medical status and her medications. She's switched from positive to overly negative way too quickly and she's not coming around. Jesus, you know the outcome of this already... please calm her heart... she speaks of You yet offers none of who YOU are! One of the hardest commands you give us is "love your enemies, pray for those who persecute you" Oh dear Father... Your Son endured far more than any of us can fathom and yet HE forgave... even the thief on the cross was with You in paradise! It's hard, SO hard to pray for a bully... and yet this soul is very troubled and I pray that you send intervention. We know it most likely won't change what has happened with Carolyn but YOU can change her heart! We pray she gets the help she is so desperately crying out for. Father God, bless Carolyn for the magnificent way she handled this whole situation. Bless her for her honesty, for her humilty in showing forth the proof of the email that did not go through... for her patience shown and offered and her reaching out even in the face of such unkindness. You, dear Jesus, endured mocking, suffereing, you were spit on and slapped and hung on a cross... and you could have removed yourself... yet you hung there for me... for all of us...we lay bankrupt and you stamp us as paid in full! This sad, empty soul has that same payment made for her...help her understand that you did NOT hang there and then rise again so that she can beat others over the head with your story! May You send someone to her that she may know the reality of Your love in full! Show her the true Joy that only comes from You! Thanks for Chef's Success Lord... thanks for the connection that we all have here... thanks for letting me be blessed every day to grow and learn and lean on these precious friends! Thank you Jesus!!!!!!!!!! Amen

My heart aches over this whole thing... thanks so much Carolyn for the example of how to graciously navigate a terribly difficult series of exchanges! WOW!!!!! Thanks for letting us ride the waves of it with you so that we can all learn what to do and what not to do! Underneath these violent waves are the peace that passes all understanding and believe me... God has given my DH and myself loads of lessons that have taught us about that peace in the midst of storms! In the midst I try and always ask Jesus to help me learn and pass these classes quickly as I don't enjoy the lessons too much but I know I need them! He's so faithful!
And Carolyn... I say Oy Vey ALL THE TIME and I join you in it today! :)
Be blessed dear sister! And carry on!

I do agree that if someone is going to all of one type of threads (for example, all that are deemed christian) and rating them low, that is immature. However, playing devil's advocate here since I have not looked at the christian threads to determine if all were rated that way, is it possible that they don't like what is being said there? And that is why it was rated like that?

Another Jewish girl weighing in and very much agreeing with Carolyn. You don't have to share exactly the same beliefs/faith to appreciate other peoples' spirituality and beliefs. (loooved the Resurrection Cookies idea and passed it to several Christian friends with small children)

One of the wonderul things about this board is that we can share our beliefs without shunning or trying to sway others' beliefs. Actually, I have found that to be true with all of my friends who are deeply faithful - Christian, Jewish, Hindu, Muslim.

So, ignore the silly people who try to denigrate you with, of all things, thread ratings (as if!) and keep being true to yourselves!

As Deb from Illinois' pastor would say "Yay God!"

She does sound like a NUT CASE!!! I am just sorry you live in the same area as her. I wonder how your friend would feel about the way her Mother has acted! :grumpy:

Kelly V.

p.s. Susan, this may sound dumb, but what is the trip for Florida in '09 in you siggy??

KellyRedHead said:
p.s. Susan, this may sound dumb, but what is the trip for Florida in '09 in you siggy??

Incentive trip to Miami will happen in '09. Wouldn't it be great to go with her?

Susan? Yes.The Nut Job?
umno.gif

Love that smiley KG!

janetupnorth said:
Actually I think it was a person who doesn't post...ever...either way...I find it sad that someone can have that much bitterness in their hearts...
Well, she sure showed us, huh?

cmdtrgd said:
I do agree that if someone is going to all of one type of threads (for example, all that are deemed christian) and rating them low, that is immature. However, playing devil's advocate here since I have not looked at the christian threads to determine if all were rated that way, is it possible that they don't like what is being said there? And that is why it was rated like that?

There are some people here who think only PC related information should go on here. It could have something to do with that.

rennea said:
There are some people here who think only PC related information should go on here. It could have something to do with that.

She seems to have missed this on the first page:

Chef's Lounge (16 Viewing)
Have fun- chilling with other Pampered Chef’s discussing anything not covered above
Sub-Forums: Members Introduction, Prayer Requests, Congrats to...

:) Careful KG.. a voice of clarity and reason can really get you in trouble! :) ... thankfully you handle everything with grace, reason and common sense! :)
Happy Monday!

Well, it already has on several occasions. Especially the one
nuts.gif
who continues to rain on everyone else's parade.

I understand this is a lounge, but I was just wondering if it could be something other than what people think. Personally, I have learned in the past 5-10 years to try to look at it from both sides before making a decision...of course, like I posted before, I did no research and know nothing, just making a "could this be possible" observation. If, however, there is someone doing something like that, it is very childish and uncalled for.

Since I started this thread, I think I'll close it and let it die...it bothered me that the person thought so "lowly" of those topics on Easter, but I also don't want this thread to turn into bashing someone either the other way, that's not what myself, those with similar beliefs, or this community is about. After no sleep last night with a child that was projectile vomiting last night - YUK! - and realizing that trials come in various forms and degrees, I'm thinking that person has quite a struggle going on (as someone pointed out to me - kind of like Carolyn's guest has her own issues) and they need to battle that out with a higher power than us. :)

Related to Whoever Has the Need to Rate Threads...

1. Why is someone going around giving low ratings to threads about the resurrection of Christ?

Unfortunately, there are always going to be individuals who do not share the same beliefs and opinions as others. This person may feel the need to express their disagreement by giving low ratings to threads discussing the resurrection of Christ.

2. Shouldn't everyone have the right to express their opinion, even if it differs from others?

Absolutely! We believe in freedom of speech and everyone has the right to express their opinions. However, intentionally giving low ratings to a thread simply because you do not agree with its topic is not a respectful or productive way to express your opinion.

3. How can we stop this person from giving low ratings to threads about the resurrection of Christ?

Unfortunately, there is no way to stop someone from giving low ratings. However, we can choose to not let it affect us and continue to have meaningful discussions about our beliefs and faith.

4. Should we only discuss the resurrection of Christ on Christian threads?

No, we believe that discussions about the resurrection of Christ can be beneficial for people of all faiths and backgrounds. It is important to have open and respectful conversations about different beliefs and perspectives.

5. How can we respond to this person giving low ratings to our threads about the resurrection of Christ?

The best response is to continue to have meaningful discussions and share our beliefs with others. We can also choose to ignore the low ratings and not let them discourage us. Remember, our faith is not based on ratings but on our personal relationship with God.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• cookingwithlove
  • General Chat
Replies
Views
Admin Greg
  • janetupnorth
  • General Chat
Replies
Views
The_Kitchen_Guy
Replies