• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Who Will Miss the Lift and Serve?

In summary, the Lift and Serve has been discontinued and many people are disappointed. It will be missed by some, but not by Jenny LI.
chefjwr
Hi ladies and dudes,

I ordered the discontinued Lift and Serve today and feel like I will really use it for cakes and braids etc. Do you use the Lift and Serve? Are you disappointed that it has been discontinued?

The what?Oh.No, I don't think I'll miss it.

chefjwr said:
Hi ladies and dudes,

I ordered the discontinued Lift and Serve today and feel like I will really use it for cakes and braids etc. Do you use the Lift and Serve? Are you disappointed that it has been discontinued?

I use mine often, it will be missed. I'm always making the Creamy Caramel Apple Ring & bringing it with me, the Lift & Serve makes it so easy to remove from the stone.

Anything I bake on my round stone that I *would* have used the L&S, I put onto my round woven selections piece. So, I sold my L&S a LONG time ago...I won't miss them, don't think I have sold more than 2 since they came out!

I have had several people say "why would they discontinue that?". It's like a lot of things - if they see it used they will want it. I use mine quite a bit. Not every day but then I do have EVERYTHING in the book (and duplicates of most) so it's impossible to use everything every day.

I think I have sold maybe one in two years so no I dont think it will be missed.

Since I have started making grilled pizzas, I think they are a great tool. But until then, I never used mine much....

I don't think I have sold any and I think I used mine maybe twice at shows.

I love mine - I am always challenged when flipping my skillet cakes out - and the L&S helped me to get it centered nicely on the platter.

Don't own it, won't miss it.

I'm glad I have mine & I use it at shows & at home.
I have only ever sold one.

I've sold several. I don't own it so I borrowed one when I made the Island Breeze Rum Cake - it was handy, but not something I think I'd use very much.

I've sold several. I don't own it so I borrowed one when I made the Island Breeze Rum Cake - it was handy, but not something I think I'd use very much.

I own it but I can honestly say I've never used it

I own it and use it all the time (esp. for putting layer cakes together, taking pizzas/rings/whatever off the large round stone, etc.). My mom does, too. Everyone who has seen my list of discontinuing products looks in shock at the fact that the Lift & Serve is on there. Maybe it's a regional thing??

It's great for layered cakes!

I started using it more when the round platter came out. I was transferring my rings, etc., from the round stone onto the platter to use with the woven piece. But now I'll just go back to keeping them on the stone.

I do not have it and have onl sold one since I started, do, I will not miss it.

Have it. Use it.

As nice as the woven tray is, I still prefer to present my rings, tarts, etc on a nice platter when entertaining at home. I used the lift and serve last season to move the Pecan Lattice Tart to the large square platter...sold a few that way.

I love the presentation of the rings and braids on plates, but also love the stoneware for keeping food warm longer.

I like the lift 'n' serve for the skillet cakes. Makes doing a layer cake look EASY!

--Jenny L

I won't miss it but I have 2 consultants who love it, sell it and are very sad to see it go. One is a professional caterer who does tons of weddings and cakes and absolutely loves it for that biz. I actually just learned this at a cluster meeting last night...I was reviewing items being discontinued and mentioned that this item wouldn't be missed. The two gals noted above pretty near pitched a fit and I was really surprised to learn that folks DO like it!

This is a classic example of a product that if you personally try it and use it, you will sell it because of your enthusiasm. If not, your distain will likley show and you won't have many customers purchasing it.

It is always interesting to hear that people LOVE a product that we personally could live without and then some. It makes me try to be more openminded to both new and returning products that I might not be enthusiastic about in the beginning.

I sold quite a few before they raised the price $2. It was originally $17.50. I like it. I just sold a few this weekend at my brunch show. I made the Ham & Eggs Brunch Braid and moved it from the Lg Bar Pan to the Simple Additions Rectangle Platter with Handles (could that name be any longer?) with the Lift and Serve. I like it. I won't miss it because I have it already. I think the piece is nice to have for serving.

Chef Kearns said:
I sold quite a few before they raised the price $2. It was originally $17.50. I like it. I just sold a few this weekend at my brunch show. I made the Ham & Eggs Brunch Braid and moved it from the Lg Bar Pan to the Simple Additions Rectangle Platter with Handles (could that name be any longer?) with the Lift and Serve. I like it. I won't miss it because I have it already. I think the piece is nice to have for serving.

Well put....I have sold quite a few as well, but I use mine all the time, so I wont miss it....:cool:

I ordered one because I am always needing to transfer a baked item and usually I end of breaking it. I also thought that if I don't use it, I will have it for customers who are looking for it aftr it is gone.

Exactly, thats why I have 1 coming to me from my last show....:cool:

Have it, use it, love it........won't miss it cause I have one but now everyone will ask were can I get one;)

I never used this before and sold mine off a long time ago....

now reading these posts I am wondering if I should have it??

LOL

We have a Swedish community near us and they have a dance troupe that does frequent "bake sale fundraisers" I've sold some to moms who make Swedish Tea Rings and then to put them on a covered piece of cardboard to take to the sale. Sorry to see it go!

It's one of those products that you don't use often (in most cases) but if you need it, it's the one thing that REALLY works. I love it for transferring cakes.

I was considering getting it to help me put the top layer on torte's but I guess I won't get it now. I seemed to be able to put the Island Breeze Rum cake together without so since it is leaving then I don't need one

Jules711 said:
It's one of those products that you don't use often (in most cases) but if you need it, it's the one thing that REALLY works. I love it for transferring cakes.

EXACTLY!!!

You know the very first ring I made I found it REALLY greasy in the small o section so I used my lift and serve to pick it up soak up the grease then set it back down. I love mine, but I too have not seen much selling of the product.

I never got it because I have this problem where I have too much stuff and not enough storage! I have no idea where I would put it. Although, you guys are making me think that I'll need it eventually. Of course, now I can't show it at shows. Hmmmm.

I will not miss it. I have one and have used it once. I do have a past host who would like a second one. Maybe I can use it as her host gift when she has her show in September

It is something that I never thought about getting, then my husband said "Get that!!" so I ordered it...and found it very helpful for things like the Chocolate Cappuccino Cake (Stoneware Inspirations) YUMM! and I've made that at several shows, and sell a few L&S everytime!

My dad and his wife were at our house a few weeks ago, and I used it to take the Ham and Cheese Omelet Roll (Main Dishes - - will be missed too!!) off of the Bar Pan and onto the Rect. Serving Platter...and my dad's wife said, OH I could really use that!! This was before I knew it was going to be discontinued... So I'll have to make sure she gets it before it's gone.

It isn't something I use a lot...but when I need it, it is very convenient. Before I had it, my husband and I often had the four spatulas going...him holding two and me holding two and saying "ok...1,,2,3 go!" and lifting something and the same time with the 4 spatulas...sorta a pain!

I won't miss it as far as sales, I only sold it when I showed it. But i'm glad I own it...and it doesn't take up much space...i have it is the drawer under the stove standing up with the handles facing up so when I open the drawer is it convenient to get out, and takes up no space along the side of the saucepans I have in there.

Kathytnt said:
I was considering getting it to help me put the top layer on torte's but I guess I won't get it now. I seemed to be able to put the Island Breeze Rum cake together without so since it is leaving then I don't need one

When I made the Island Breeze Rum cake it fell apart! How did you do it without the Lift 'n' Serve? I was glad I had it!

--Jenny L

I have it, haven't used it yet, but I think I will this month. If people want it they will have to buy it now.

I've been debating buying it for a while. I used my FPV from my july show to get it as I've started doing more cooking for my husband lunches and think this will come in very handy as I need to move puff pastry meals into a bag for freezing.

tlennhoff said:
I've been debating buying it for a while. I used my FPV from my july show to get it as I've started doing more cooking for my husband lunches and think this will come in very handy as I need to move puff pastry meals into a bag for freezing.

MMMMmmmmm Puff Pastry! I love Puff Pastry - what kind of meals do you make with them? I used to do a Puff Pastry Pizza Turn-over for clients - Puff Pastry freezes so well! I'd love to know what you make?

I'm going to order one before it's gone to have in the future. My children will do 4-H and I figure it will come in handy when they get up in the foods project where they have to make cakes, bread braids, etc. That way it will still look good when we move it ;)

ChefBeckyD said:
MMMMmmmmm Puff Pastry! I love Puff Pastry - what kind of meals do you make with them? I used to do a Puff Pastry Pizza Turn-over for clients - Puff Pastry freezes so well! I'd love to know what you make?

LOL, my husband changed jobs and has to bring his own lunch now as there is only one kosher restaurant near his new office.

I went out to "aunt trudy's" website (http://www.fillofactory.com/retailproducts.cfm), looked at her philo pockets, and made thing similar, everything is guessworks as all I had was the ingredient list. I picked up the pepperidge farm puff pastry sheets, cut them into 6 pieces, rolled it out, put various fillings in, sealed it up, baked on our stoneware, and labeled carefully as I did 6 fillings and some 20 individual "puff pastries".

tlennhoff said:
LOL, my husband changed jobs and has to bring his own lunch now as there is only one kosher restaurant near his new office.

I went out to "aunt trudy's" website (http://www.fillofactory.com/retailproducts.cfm), looked at her philo pockets, and made thing similar, everything is guessworks as all I had was the ingredient list. I picked up the pepperidge farm puff pastry sheets, cut them into 6 pieces, rolled it out, put various fillings in, sealed it up, baked on our stoneware, and labeled carefully as I did 6 fillings and some 20 individual "puff pastries".

They work so well for that! You can bake them & freeze them.....or you can fill them, wrap them and freeze them and then bake them from frozen.

I had totally forgot about making Puff Pastry foods like this - I'm so glad you reminded me! In fact - I may think of a way to add them to my Power Cooking menu!

Sounds like Jewish pasties! mmm..... multi-cultural....

chefann said:
Sounds like Jewish pasties! mmm..... multi-cultural....
*snort* Ann said pasties. :D

Pampered Laura said:
*snort* Ann said pasties. :D
spelled the same, but pronounced differently.

Now I'm picturing a stripper wearing a bra made of meat pies.

Thanks.
a lot.

chefann said:

Thanks.
a lot.

Laugh out loud funny! And DH insists on pronouncing the meat pie with a long "a"........he laughs every time like it's just so funny.:rolleyes: (men!)

ChefBeckyD said:
Laugh out loud funny! And DH insists on pronouncing the meat pie with a long "a"........he laughs every time like it's just so funny.:rolleyes: (men!)
He must be related to my DH.

It's on the outlet! I just got mine yesterday. I don't think I will use it a lot, but there have deffinitely been times that I wished I had had it.

chefann said:

Thanks.
a lot.
Maybe this'll help?

180px-Cornish_pasty.jpeg
180px-Cornish_pasty_-_cut.jpeg

I miss the Lift n Serve! If I make a ring and want to transfer it to a platter to make it look nice, or move a cake, I NEED that thing!
Just my .02!

<h2>1. What is the Lift and Serve and how is it used?</h2><p>The Lift and Serve is a versatile kitchen tool designed to easily lift and serve cakes, braids, and other baked goods. It has a wide, flat edge that allows for easy lifting and a serrated edge for cutting and serving. Simply slide the Lift and Serve under your baked goods and lift for easy transfer to a serving platter.</p><h2>2. Is the Lift and Serve still available for purchase?</h2><p>Unfortunately, the Lift and Serve has been discontinued and is no longer available for purchase. However, it may still be available through third-party sellers or in some Pampered Chef consultant's inventory.</p><h2>3. Can the Lift and Serve be used for anything other than cakes and braids?</h2><p>While the Lift and Serve is primarily designed for lifting and serving baked goods, it can also be used for other purposes in the kitchen. It can be used to lift and serve large sandwiches, pizza, and even lasagna.</p><h2>4. What are some alternative products to the discontinued Lift and Serve?</h2><p>If you are looking for a similar tool to the Lift and Serve, Pampered Chef offers the Flexible Cutting Mat which can also be used for lifting and serving baked goods. Additionally, a spatula or offset spatula can also serve as a suitable alternative.</p><h2>5. Is the Lift and Serve dishwasher safe?</h2><p>Yes, the Lift and Serve is dishwasher safe for easy cleaning. However, it is recommended to hand wash to prolong the life of the product.</p>

1. What is the Lift and Serve and how is it used?

The Lift and Serve is a versatile kitchen tool designed to easily lift and serve cakes, braids, and other baked goods. It has a wide, flat edge that allows for easy lifting and a serrated edge for cutting and serving. Simply slide the Lift and Serve under your baked goods and lift for easy transfer to a serving platter.

2. Is the Lift and Serve still available for purchase?

Unfortunately, the Lift and Serve has been discontinued and is no longer available for purchase. However, it may still be available through third-party sellers or in some Pampered Chef consultant's inventory.

3. Can the Lift and Serve be used for anything other than cakes and braids?

While the Lift and Serve is primarily designed for lifting and serving baked goods, it can also be used for other purposes in the kitchen. It can be used to lift and serve large sandwiches, pizza, and even lasagna.

4. What are some alternative products to the discontinued Lift and Serve?

If you are looking for a similar tool to the Lift and Serve, Pampered Chef offers the Flexible Cutting Mat which can also be used for lifting and serving baked goods. Additionally, a spatula or offset spatula can also serve as a suitable alternative.

5. Is the Lift and Serve dishwasher safe?

Yes, the Lift and Serve is dishwasher safe for easy cleaning. However, it is recommended to hand wash to prolong the life of the product.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• quiverfull7
  • General Chat
Replies
Views
Grandmarita
  • Trudie32
  • Pampered Chef Support Group
Replies
Views
Admin Greg
Replies