• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Time to Say Goodbye: Closing My PC Business After 5 Years of Passion

I just wasn't passionate about it. I have been selling since July of 06 and love it. I do need to bring an income into the household also. I can not devote enough time to PC working FT in a Factory. And having 2 boys in Little League. So I am bumping up my business to see if I can consistantly keep a good show balance, instead of just doing this as a hobby. Any input would be well taken. Good luck on what you decide to do next.:)I totally think it CAN be done! There are MANY examples of success with Pampered Chef! For me...it wasn't that it couldn't be done...it was that I didn't
erinyourpclady
Gold Member
and I have been holding off saying anything. After 5 years, I am going out of business. While I am passionate about PC.....I just am not passionate about selling PC. I have spoken with my DH, Director and my team to see everyone's point of view and this is for the best. I know I have a year from when I go inactive to re-activate so if I feel differently then I can come back. Honestly the worst thing about it is losing my career sales but I feel like a weight has been lifted.

Thank you all for your wonderful support and ideas....I won't be a stranger....

Oh No, that is not what I was expecting you to say! Well, you have to do what's right for you and your family. You know we will miss you. Good luck to you! And when/if you are ready to start again you know that we'll be here to support you and root for you!

Sorry to hear thatI have just decided to quit my FT job in August and for you doing this for 5 years makes me wonder if that will be a smart move. I have been selling since July of 06 and love it. I do need to bring an income into the household also. I can not devote enough time to PC working FT in a Factory. And having 2 boys in Little League. So I am bumping up my business to see if I can consistantly keep a good show balance, instead of just doing this as a hobby. Any input would be well taken. Good luck on what you decide to do next.:)

erinyourpclady said:
Thank you all for your wonderful support and ideas....I won't be a stranger....
You better not be a stranger! You've had some great info, and we'd miss you terribly if you never came back to say hi. Good luck in your future endeavors.

mombird4 said:
I have just decided to quit my FT job in August and for you doing this for 5 years makes me wonder if that will be a smart move. I have been selling since July of 06 and love it. I do need to bring an income into the household also. I can not devote enough time to PC working FT in a Factory. And having 2 boys in Little League. So I am bumping up my business to see if I can consistantly keep a good show balance, instead of just doing this as a hobby. Any input would be well taken. Good luck on what you decide to do next.:)

I totally think it CAN be done! There are MANY examples of success with Pampered Chef! For me...it wasn't that it couldn't be done...it was that I didn't want to. Does that make sense?

Best wishes for a prosperous business!!

chefann said:
You better not be a stranger! You've had some great info, and we'd miss you terribly if you never came back to say hi. Good luck in your future endeavors.

Oh Ann...I can't leave! LOL!! Shoot....I might even show up as a guest or turn in sales just so I can go to Conference! My Director claims she can't sleep with anyone else! LOL!!

erinyourpclady said:
I totally think it CAN be done! There are MANY examples of success with Pampered Chef! For me...it wasn't that it couldn't be done...it was that I didn't want to. Does that make sense?

That does make sense. That is why I quit back in 2001. Now, I'm back and ready to do this.

ThanksRight now my company has been sold for the second time in 5 months, I have worked for them 14 years and am losing 500.00 a month and 2 of my 4 weeks paid vacation,just for starters. Cooking has always been a great passion for me and I am not a wishy-washy person once I make a commitment. Glad to see we will still get to visit with you, this is my "cyberspace cluster" 24/7 meetings:love:

Last edited:
TestsHubby does not approve of me helping the boys with their spelling test Linda:D

mombird4 said:
Hubby does not approve of me helping the boys with their spelling test Linda:D
LOL.....should I have a chat with him? :D

Helping me alsoI think my spelling has improved since I'm doing 4th grade spelling all over again, 6th grade is a bit more challanging for me though:blushing:

erinyourpclady said:

Erin, I totally understand. I have just decided to quit my business also. It wasn't because it wasn't successful, but that it was TOO successful! I just had a second child in October & baby-sit full time & just decided that PC was becoming too much of a business for me. I just didn't have the same spark that I started with, and I knew that if I went to part time that with my drive I'd be back to full time when I really didn't want to be.

I totally love PC & the opportunity that it gives people to own their own business, but I've decided that it's no longer an opportunity I want to have in my life. I will miss all the friends I made doing PC, including all the hosts & customers I met, but I am excited to spend more time with my family!

Sorry to see you go Erin; & Christy too! You must do what's right for you though; best of luck to you both:) Take care!

I am also about to submit my last show. I have enjoyed PC thoroughly but I have had enough. I am like Erin. I just don't want to. I will always love PC and may even have a show now and then to get the new stuff but right now it just doesn't fit with the rest of my life. I won't be a stranger here either.
Good luck Erin & Christy.

Erin, Christy, Kristin - sorry to hear you leaving PC, but glad you'll come visit our crazy world here.

Who knows, in about 5 years you may be back again going strong.

I have to compliment you for making the decision for yourself and your family. Sometimes it is hard to make a change and give something up.

Sorry to see you all go, but I would be happy to help you with any future PC purchases *snicker*You do know I'm kidding, right?

cmdtrgd said:
Sorry to see you all go, but I would be happy to help you with any future PC purchases *snicker*

You do know I'm kidding, right?

Nope, I'm sure there is a bit of truth to that... ;) :p He-he...

I wish you all the best in your decisions! I was almost to this point a month or two ago & decided I really wanted to keep doing it. I'm glad that you're all making the right decisions for your family though!

Hugs to you all!

Good luck to you ladies! Take care and visit us here at CS Won't ya!

heat123 said:
Good luck to you ladies! Take care and visit us here at Chef Success Won't ya!
I will still be here regularly!!

I think what I'm going to miss most is being with other consultants at conferences & meetings! I just don't love doing the shows anymore because I want to be home with my kids. But I will always love PC & plan on hosting yearly to get the new products! My director is my best friend, so I know I'll always hear the latest scoop!

Everyone needs to do what they feel is right for them at the moment. That
is one of the great things about doing PC, you can always come back when you are ready.

Do keep your CS membership though so you can keep us informed on what is going on with your lives and to hear what is new with us and PC!!

Good Luck to you Erin. I'm glad you plan on sticking around here :)

Good luck to all of you - I understand how each of you feel - I believe we all have those moments and some go and some stay - I was leaving to do a show in September and ready to hang up my apron, I had no bookings on the calendar, didn't feel like lugging the stuff etc. Well 3 bookings at was to be my "last show" and the ball started rolling again - All in all, the beauty of this business is the flexiblity it gives to each and everyone of us - the abillity to love the job you do and put it to it what you can and want - The door is always there to be opened again if needed or desired -

May you all enjoy everyday and every moment - Best of luck!

What led you to make the decision to close your PC business after 5 years?

After much consideration and evaluation of my personal and professional goals, I have decided to say goodbye to my Pampered Chef business. While I have loved my time as a consultant, I have decided to focus on other opportunities and passions.

How will this closure affect my current orders or parties?

If you have an open order or party with me, please rest assured that I will fulfill my commitments and provide you with excellent customer service until the very end. I will be in touch with you individually to discuss any specific details or concerns.

Will there be any sales or discounts during this time period?

As I wrap up my business, I will be offering some great deals and discounts on select products. Be sure to stay connected with me through email or social media for updates on these special offers.

Can I still purchase Pampered Chef products after your business closes?

Yes, you can still purchase Pampered Chef products through another consultant or through the company's website. If you need help finding a consultant, I would be happy to connect you with one in your area.

What will happen to my warranty for products purchased through your business?

Your warranty for any Pampered Chef products purchased through me will still be valid after my business closes. You can contact the company's customer service for assistance with any warranty claims or issues.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

Replies
Views
The_Kitchen_Guy
Replies
Views
Stephanie78
  • Ann F
  • General Chat
Replies
Views
baychef