• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Reviving Your Passion for the Business After 6 Years: Tips and Advice

should take a break. Then figure out what you like and don't like. And then figure out what would make it more fun for you.If you do stick with it. Maybe it's time to relaunch your biz. Host your own show and invite everyone you know (remember to host coach yourself!). Once you start getting more business you will probably get more excited.Stephanie, in summary, you should relaunch your business and host your own show, as getting more business will usually increase excitement.
StephsKitchen
I have been doing this for 6 years.... bookings aren't coming easy, I am bored because I am not doing enough shows, losing my passion for the business. What do I do? Obviously if I am not excited... it doesn't give me any more motivation to try and find shows. PLEASE HELP!:cry:

If you aren't excited your shows and sales will be low also. Pretty much everyone I have met is in this business because they LOVE it! The company, the products, the people they meet...
Maybe reevaluate why you started to begin with? What was it that drew you in in the beginning? If it's not still supplying you with whatever that is, then maybe it's time to think about moving on to something else.
If you do stick with it. Maybe it's time to relaunch your biz. Host your own show and invite everyone you know (remember to host coach yourself!). Once you start getting more business you will probably get more excited. Good luck

I agree. Definetely go back to your "Why". and think about what made you want to join the Pampered Chef.

I completely understand! I went through this about a year or so ago. I just wasn't looking forward to shows and didn't want to call people b/c I didn't WANT the bookings (weird...I know!). So I thought about what I liked. My fellow consultants, I enjoyed the shows once I was THERE, I still LOVE the products...but that just wasn't enough. THEN, my friend and I wanted a girls getaway and b/c she can't really afford to spend money on it, I pay for our b&b stay. I realized that the show I just had would PAY for it! Hmm...then I got excited b/c I had a plan for the money I was earning. That was enough to jump start me.So, figure out what you like and don't like. Can you remove the don't like parts?? And then figure out what would make it more fun for you.

So here is what my D AND fellow cheffers recommended to me:

- Take a break (like 1-2 weeks) - and figure out your LOVES for PC
- Spend some of the money you make so you can remember WHY you do it
- Make a change (new products, new theme shows, new recipes, new show outline, etc.)

HTH

PS - ordering some new products for myself and for my shows REALLY gave me a new boost - plus I changed the recipes I do AND show format

ThanksThank you everybody for your responses. Basically, I have not had a good 5 months. My sales aren't where I want them... I love doing my shows! I haven't wanted to get on the phone, I just didn't want to hear NO. I went to a meeting tonight, and I do feel better. I just need to change things up, and remember all the good things about my business, and focus on that. I have lost focus, passion and the fun.

Do you guys gave any suggestions for making shows fun?

Thanks again!

Stephanie:chef:

I think the couples show I had a couple weeks ago was the most fun of any of my shows. I'm not sure it was the most fun for me, but the guests were having a great time. The men made the Jerk Chicken Nachos and the ladies made the Cool Lime Napoleans. It wasn't a race, but the guys tried to turn it into a competition. I did all the talking before they started making the recipes so when they were done, they could just keep socializing and eating. I didn't have to try and quiet them down again. There were 11 or 12 couples there, and sales were just over $600 13 orders.

Because it was so fun, I feel better about promoting it to potential hosts.

Would you be so kind as to post the Cool Lime Napoleans? I would love to have that for a show next week! Thanks in advance!

Hey Stephanie,

I am going through the same funk as you right now! I am not really into my business right now. I don't want to quit though. Luckily I've been getting enough business to stay active.

I've been busy painting my entire house inside - a goal I have had for a couple of years!! My daughter is graduating from high school this year so I've been focusing on that as well! We will be having the party here, so it's given me the push to get my house organized!

I've needed this break and plan to get focused again after summer! Luckily I've been getting enough business to stay active!

I agree w/the others, you have to know your why. Mine will be earning money for my daughter's college tuition! Luckily she is staying home. I really want to help her not be in debt when she gets out of school:)!

Good Luck!

From speaking to others - I understand it is quite normal to have up and downs with DS businesses - we all have them - I agree - take a little break (but don't go inactive if you can) Change up your show - watch one of the dvd or listen to one of the cds (you can borrow from a cluster mate or D) Don't give up!

pampchefrhondab said:
Hey Stephanie,

I am going through the same funk as you right now! I am not really into my business right now. I don't want to quit though. Luckily I've been getting enough business to stay active.

I've been busy painting my entire house inside - a goal I have had for a couple of years!! My daughter is graduating from high school this year so I've been focusing on that as well! We will be having the party here, so it's given me the push to get my house organized!

I've needed this break and plan to get focused again after summer! Luckily I've been getting enough business to stay active!

I agree w/the others, you have to know your why. Mine will be earning money for my daughter's college tuition! Luckily she is staying home. I really want to help her not be in debt when she gets out of school:)!

Good Luck!

It is funny that you are painting your house, because we have been doing the same thing! I am actually a Director, for the past 3 1/2 years now. It is no fun to get into the funk! I went to a Director friends meeting last night and I feel so much better now. I got refocussed! I made tons of calls earlier... I don't have anything in stone for any of them, but that's not getting me down. I had to stop calling folks because my phone was dying on me. I just had to change the way I was thinking, and not allow negativity to take me out of business. It is almost my 6th anniversary after all this month. Thank you all for responding, and your thoughts and help. I will keep on chugging along! Thanks a bunch!

Stephanie

quiverfull7 said:
Would you be so kind as to post the Cool Lime Napoleans? I would love to have that for a show next week! Thanks in advance!
This is pictured on the front of a S/S SBRC from a few years back.

Cool Lime Napoleons
8 oz refrigerated crescent rolls
3 kiwi sliced (8 slices per kiwi)
11 oz mandarin oranges
2 large limes (probably one is fine)
8 oz cool whip (I use lite)
1/2 cup powdered sugar
1/4 cup finely chopped almonds to sprinkle (roasted almonds are tastier)
powdered sugar to sprinkle

Preheat oven to 375 degrees. Lighly sprinkle bar pan with flour. Unroll crescent dough across length of pan, pinch seams to seal. Lightly sprinkle dough with flour. Roll dough out to cover bottom of pan. Prick dough with a fork. Bake 12-15 minutes or until light golden brown. Remove from oven; cool 10 minutes on cooling rack. Carfully remove pastry from pan to coolin rack; cool completely. Place crescent pastry on large cutting surface and cut it into 24 squares with a pizza cutter (6 rows by 4 rows).
Zest lime and place 1 teaspoon of zest into the cool whip. Juice the lime for 2 tablespoons of juice, and pour it into cool whip. Add 1/2 cup powdered sugar to the cool whip. Mix until smooth. Place the cool whip mixture into the Easy Accent Decorator and fill it completely. Place one kiwi slice and one mandarin slice on each pastry square. Pipe a 1 1/2 inch rosette onto center of each pastry square, refilling decorator as needed. Sprinkle chopped almonds over rosettes. Lightly sprinkle with powdered sugar.
OPTIONAL: Place one pastry on top of another pressing down lightly. Repeat with remaining pastry squares. This looks pretty, but it's very messy.

StephsKitchen said:
I haven't wanted to get on the phone, I just didn't want to hear NO.

Stephanie:chef:

We have to hear no's in order to hear yes's. You might want to start keeping track of the No's ( I know, it seems depressing, just hang with me). And set a goal. Once you get x number of no's you get a reward (mani/pedi, a new book you want, whatever works for you. You also, might want to think bigger than that). It works, because while you are getting no's you are also getting some yes's along the way which makes it possible to pay for whatever your reward is.

StephsKitchen said:
It is funny that you are painting your house, because we have been doing the same thing! I am actually a Director, for the past 3 1/2 years now. It is no fun to get into the funk! I went to a Director friends meeting last night and I feel so much better now. I got refocussed! I made tons of calls earlier... I don't have anything in stone for any of them, but that's not getting me down. I had to stop calling folks because my phone was dying on me. I just had to change the way I was thinking, and not allow negativity to take me out of business. It is almost my 6th anniversary after all this month. Thank you all for responding, and your thoughts and help. I will keep on chugging along! Thanks a bunch!

Stephanie

That is funny that you are painting too!! I also live just south of Ft. Wayne!! I will be w/the co. 4 years in August - but not a director yet!

One thing that helps me get remotivated is Belinda Ellsworth. She is very uplifting.

It seems whenever I get down about the business something happens to bring me back. I received a call out of the blue 2 weeks ago from an old customer - long story short she is having a catalog show:love:!

When you get that spark and extra energy for your business - send some my way!!

Take Care,

JAE said:
This is pictured on the front of a S/S SBRC from a few years back.

Cool Lime Napoleons
8 oz refrigerated crescent rolls
3 kiwi sliced (8 slices per kiwi)
11 oz mandarin oranges
2 large limes (probably one is fine)
8 oz cool whip (I use lite)
1/2 cup powdered sugar
1/4 cup finely chopped almonds to sprinkle (roasted almonds are tastier)
powdered sugar to sprinkle

Preheat oven to 375 degrees. Lighly sprinkle bar pan with flour. Unroll crescent dough across length of pan, pinch seams to seal. Lightly sprinkle dough with flour. Roll dough out to cover bottom of pan. Prick dough with a fork. Bake 12-15 minutes or until light golden brown. Remove from oven; cool 10 minutes on cooling rack. Carfully remove pastry from pan to coolin rack; cool completely. Place crescent pastry on large cutting surface and cut it into 24 squares with a pizza cutter (6 rows by 4 rows).
Zest lime and place 1 teaspoon of zest into the cool whip. Juice the lime for 2 tablespoons of juice, and pour it into cool whip. Add 1/2 cup powdered sugar to the cool whip. Mix until smooth. Place the cool whip mixture into the Easy Accent Decorator and fill it completely. Place one kiwi slice and one mandarin slice on each pastry square. Pipe a 1 1/2 inch rosette onto center of each pastry square, refilling decorator as needed. Sprinkle chopped almonds over rosettes. Lightly sprinkle with powdered sugar.
OPTIONAL: Place one pastry on top of another pressing down lightly. Repeat with remaining pastry squares. This looks pretty, but it's very messy.
Thanks for reminding me of this recipe! I used to do these all the time when I first started with PC. I never layered them though - they are just as pretty as one layer, and much easier to eat.

1. What is "Passion for the Business" at Pampered Chef?

"Passion for the Business" is Pampered Chef's core value and represents the enthusiasm and drive that our consultants have for our products, our company, and our mission to enrich lives through cooking.

2. How does Pampered Chef foster a culture of "Passion for the Business" among its consultants?

Pampered Chef provides ongoing training, support, and recognition programs to help our consultants develop and maintain their passion for the business. We also encourage open communication and collaboration among consultants to share ideas and best practices.

3. Why is "Passion for the Business" important for success as a Pampered Chef consultant?

Having a strong passion for the business is crucial for success as a Pampered Chef consultant because it drives motivation, determination, and a desire to succeed. It also helps consultants build strong relationships with customers and create a positive experience for them.

4. How does Pampered Chef's "Passion for the Business" benefit customers?

Our consultants' passion for the business translates into exceptional customer service and a genuine desire to help customers find the right products for their needs. It also allows them to share their personal experiences and tips for using our products, making the customer's cooking journey more enjoyable and successful.

5. Can anyone join Pampered Chef and develop a "Passion for the Business"?

Yes, anyone with a love for cooking and a desire to succeed can join Pampered Chef and develop a passion for the business. Our training and support programs are designed to help every consultant grow and thrive, regardless of their background or experience level.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• krzymomof4
  • Pampered Chef Bookings
Replies
Views
baychef
  • pampered2007
  • Pampered Chef Bookings
Replies
Views
katylunsford
  • cookn' katie